LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Front Camber

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-15, 12:09 PM
Rexor20
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Camber

So I know that the camber is not adjustable with the stock arms but wanted to get some info around what I can do to get a little more negative camber.

I know the Nagisa blocks will increase camber but they also decrease effective offset. So if my goal is to get more negative camber to tuck my rims into my fender will the decrease in offset balance out with the increased negative camber and give me basically the same clearance?

The other option I was looking at is the Figs upper control arms. Is this a reputable brand? I don't want to spend big money on the Nagisa arms if these ones work just fine. The car is daily driven to a point since I have a beater for driving to areas with crappy roads. Any clearance issues with them fitting around aftermarket air suspension bags?

I also did some reading about the SPC offset ball joint but from what I could gather the taper on the arm is wrong and wont fit and the ball joint quality is questionable.

Finally, has anyone cut and shortened their stock arms? I see aftermarket OEM style UCA's for around $50. It seems like a cheap investment so I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone have theirs shortened.
Old 07-16-15, 02:53 PM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

FIGS arms are quality units. Some clearancing of the inner fender well is needed (ie cutting metal). They will clear most bags but depends on the style.

Reason you dont see many modified upper stock arms is the fact they are cast aluminum parts. It would be more cost effective to make new ones vs modifying the stock ones.

Ive owned Nagisa, T-Demand and now FIGS.

FIGS FUCA and FLCA. Upper is maxed for negative camber and lower is at minimum adjustment.

Old 07-16-15, 04:48 PM
Rexor20
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by HiloDB1
FIGS arms are quality units. Some clearancing of the inner fender well is needed (ie cutting metal). They will clear most bags but depends on the style.

Reason you dont see many modified upper stock arms is the fact they are cast aluminum parts. It would be more cost effective to make new ones vs modifying the stock ones.

FIGS FUCA and FLCA. Upper is maxed for negative camber and lower is at minimum adjustment.
Whats the most and least you can get out of the upper arms alone? I don't want to run that much camber but figure I'll need around 4 degrees to clear my fenders.

I don't want to get stuck maxing out to the positive side at -10 degrees.

Any reason you got rid of the previous arms? I thought Nagisas are considered a step up from FIGS?
Old 07-16-15, 07:14 PM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

What are your wheel specs? I could get -3 at ride height with the stock adjustment.
Old 07-16-15, 10:34 PM
Rexor20
Driver School Candidate

What are your wheel specs? I could get -3 at ride height with the stock adjustment.
I'm not sure exactly since they're being rebuilt right now. They should be 20 x 9.5+17
Old 07-16-15, 10:55 PM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rexor20
I'm not sure exactly since they're being rebuilt right now. They should be 20 x 9.5+17
You should be able to fit that with the stock adjustment maxed and front fenders rolled. It should be around -3 depending on ride height. If you need more the FIGS arm is pretty adjustable. I would wait till you get the wheels back and try it first before investing in arms.
Old 07-17-15, 07:50 AM
Rexor20
Driver School Candidate

You should be able to fit that with the stock adjustment maxed and front fenders rolled. It should be around -3 depending on ride height. If you need more the FIGS arm is pretty adjustable. I would wait till you get the wheels back and try it first before investing in arms.
Yes. Definitely going to wait to test fit the wheels first. How can I adjust the front camber with OEM pieces? I thought it can't be adjusted without any aftermarket parts
Old 07-17-15, 10:26 AM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

Fronts are adjustable rears are not. There is an adjustment cam on the lower arm.
Old 07-18-15, 06:29 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

damn Hilo..

im running front RCA and figs upper arms, i have the camber adjustment maxed out to positive on the arm and im still running -5* camber in the front at ride height. the figs arms give a lot of adjustment and its a pretty good deal. just use the oem camber bolt for fine tune adjustments.
Old 05-14-22, 11:38 PM
jacobjpeg
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey there,

I know this is a very old post, but I was wondering if you had info on the FLCAs you have/had as I’m struggling to find them for sale. Thanks!