Ordered from Lexus of South Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-15, 02:20 PM
ncsucarjoc
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Ordered from Lexus of South Atlanta

Folks,

Couple weeks ago I wanted to change the transmission fluid in the car. Couldn't get the fill plug out. Broke two bits trying to get it loose. Looked up what a new pan was - $120. Screw it. Buy a new pan.

So... new pan. Needs drain plugs... and washers...

Called Lexus of South Atlanta for clarification on a part number, as the diagram wasn't clear to me. Figured I'd just place the order on the phone. Parts guy was very nice, but I had to tell him he was wrong a few times about my transmission pan before he got the right one (he was looking at the older model - mine uses a gasket, not an RTV seal)... he kept insisting it wasn't a gasket. Got all of that squared away. Asked to place the order. Strike one.

"We don't take orders over the phone". Well, crap. I've just spent 15 minutes on the phone with you. "I can give you the part numbers, and you can go online and order". Well... that would be swell. Please email them to me. "I can't do that". Umm. well. How am I supposed to get them? I'm driving down the road - it's not like I can write them down...

He says, well, you'll just have to call back. Oh, brilliant. Strike Two.

A few days later (after going back home, finding the diagrams, and ordering what I presume to be the correct parts) a box shows up at my door. Great.

I've ordered a new air filter, new HVAC filters (UL here), a trim piece, two oil filters, two engine mounts, a transmission pan, two fill plugs, a tranny gasket, and the washers for the fill plugs.

It's all tossed in a box - like you would carry home from the parts store.

No packaging. No padding. No wrap, nada. Zilch. Nothing.

I finally find all of my parts - two of the filter boxes have holes punched in the cardboard. No damage to the filters that I can tell. One of the washers isn't in it's package - oh wait - there is no package - they tore a hole in the baggie for the washer and put two in there, or at least, I think that's what occurred. Otherwise they just threw it in the box without looking. The transmission pan was stacked on top. It's got some rubbed/missing paint. I haven't put a flat edge on it yet to see if it's true enough to bolt on the car. Transmission gasket was just floating around. The engine mounts were just floating around - with their studs randomly poking and striking various items. Strike three.

AND - they charged me $39.10 in shipping. On a order over $500. Now... the shipping charge is a bit absurd for the distance and weight (regular shipping, no expedite. It's a 5.5 hour drive to Atlanta from my place. It was shipped in a small box, and it weighed less than 20#. I wouldn't complain so much if the items had arrived packed correctly, and protected. But that wasn't the case.

Strike four.

I won't be using these guys again. Just thought I would pass that along, in case anyone else is looking for an online vendor for OEM parts.

Missing Sewell already...
Old 06-13-15, 02:29 PM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 310 Likes on 229 Posts

The online orders are handled differently then walk ups. Not that you came in person but the prices are not the same. Overall, it is a great dealer. I go there all the time. Instead of complaining to us talk with the parts manager or GM. One bad apple does not ruin the bunch. Hope they take care of it for you. Good luck.
Old 06-13-15, 06:12 PM
Tom57
Pole Position

Received 67 Likes on 63 Posts

Sounds like you had one unfortunate experience. Lexus of South Atlanta clearly is set up for online discounted retail parts sales. They have a great, detailed parts website with exploded diagrams. If it were me, I'd call a manager, tell them you're a CL member, and explain what happened. I bet they make it right.
Old 06-15-15, 08:40 AM
MyLparts
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about your online experience. We are an authorized Club Lexus vendor and have received a ton of old Sewell customers since Sewell stepped away. We offer free shipping on orders over $150 as long as they are not oversized. We also offer a 10% CL member discount. We pride ourselves on our customer service and the way we package and ship our orders. Phone orders are always welcome as well. Hope to do business with you soon!
Old 06-15-15, 08:55 AM
volson
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MyLparts
Sorry to hear about your online experience. We are an authorized Club Lexus vendor and have received a ton of old Sewell customers since Sewell stepped away. We offer free shipping on orders over $150 as long as they are not oversized. We also offer a 10% CL member discount. We pride ourselves on our customer service and the way we package and ship our orders. Phone orders are always welcome as well. Hope to do business with you soon!
I have ordered from MyLparts multiple times. Shipping is cheap and gets from California to Atlanta in 2 days once they get the part in stock. Everything has been bagged and clearly labeled. One order was missing one spark plug tube gasket and I let them know and the apologized and I just had them throw it in my next order. I am a happy customer.
Old 06-15-15, 12:05 PM
LSDoc
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ncsucarjoc,

I'm also a MyLParts user. I've been very happy with their service, though I don't know if they're a sponsor.

Sorry to hear about the disappointing service that you had, especially when it comes from a sponsor!
Old 06-15-15, 02:03 PM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

I don't believe Lexus of South Atlanta is a sponsor. I do know their online department has grown leaps and bounds. Partially thanks to me promoting them. I'm local though and don't have to have anything shipped which is convenient. Anyway, poor service or packaging should be reported to the dealer otherwise they won't take the necessary steps to fix it.
Old 06-15-15, 04:00 PM
toddmorr
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

just ordered a bunch of stuff from mylparts for my LS430 and LX470. I did get the free shipping over $150 offer. Didn't get the CL5 discount because I wasn't aware, oh well. Thought their prices were good, and free shipping even better. No sales tax best of all.
Old 06-17-15, 06:31 AM
ncsucarjoc
Driver School Candidate

Yes, I will report to the dealer - just another thing to do in an already crammed life. I've wasted enough time with them... I'll be using Matt and Jeff in the future, with my Lparts.
Old 06-17-15, 06:38 AM
ncsucarjoc
Driver School Candidate

I have actually found that complaining in public does more good, typically.
If I were local, and could show up and complain in person - I absolutely would. But that's not the case.

Originally Posted by Lavrishevo
The online orders are handled differently then walk ups. Not that you came in person but the prices are not the same. Overall, it is a great dealer. I go there all the time. Instead of complaining to us talk with the parts manager or GM. One bad apple does not ruin the bunch. Hope they take care of it for you. Good luck.
Old 06-17-15, 05:51 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

ncsucarjoc---that is a HORRIBLE experience from start to end. I've been contemplating where to buy parts since Sewell has shutdown their site. I'm very glad you posted your experience online, for all of us to observe.

The lousy/non-existent protective shipping method ALONE is a deal-breaker for me. Hell, there are sellers on EBAY, who give FREE shipping, who package/ship items very very nicely!

While I trust that Lav has good experiences in person, the majority of us would be ordering online.

I never knew about the CL discount and free shipping from MyLparts, until now. They just gained me as a new customer.

Thanks for the posts guys.
Old 06-17-15, 05:53 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by ncsucarjoc
I have actually found that complaining in public does more good, typically.
If I were local, and could show up and complain in person - I absolutely would. But that's not the case.
Old 11-02-15, 08:55 PM
KawiLex
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I just ordered online from Lexus of South Atlanta and now I read this.... dang.. I guess I'll be calling them to verify they even have the parts they sold me then following up with paypal or whomever to get a refund if the dealership doesn't send me my parts.
Old 11-03-15, 07:57 AM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

I have ordered many parts from them over the years and never had an issue. They are actually a really good dealer. My favorite in the Atlanta area when I lived there. Funny how one guy has a bad experience and this somehow becomes a rule of thumb.
Old 11-03-15, 06:20 PM
KawiLex
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I called Lexus of South Atlanta today to see if they had the parts and what the status was. They said they sent the parts. I just didn't get any notification, which would have been nice. I guess you have to check the status on the website.. my bad.