LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Problem With Eject Button on CD Changer

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-02, 08:40 PM
pp0323
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Problem With Eject Button on CD Changer

Can anyone please help? I have a 92SC400 with Nakamichi sound system and 12 disc cd changer in the trunk. Yesterday, I took out the cartridge box to put in new cds. I placed the cartridge box back and slid the cover over it. I then tried to hit the CD button in my car and nothing happens. Otherwise, everything else about the audio system works (I get sound, the AM/FM player works, etc). I went to check the CD box again and my eject button is illuminated and will not stop illuminating (continuous illumination). Can someone please help? Am I screwed??
Old 12-21-02, 01:12 AM
TrboHead
Driver School Candidate

Default CD eject button

I have the same problem with my 95 SC300. The magazine will not go down even with the door shut pushing the eject button. I even bought a new 12 disc CD Changer and still does the same thing. The button stays on even with the car off.

I don't know where to look or start. The Radio/Tape works but the CD Changer will not accept the magazine.

TrboHead
Old 12-21-02, 01:19 AM
LSPiNoY
Lead Lap

make sure nothing is obstructing it from opening, such as, the rear trunk carpet. is it just on cold days? muggy days? you can try hitting it on the side or disconnecting your battery and reconnecting it giving it 30 seconds to reset the computer. hope this helps.
Old 12-21-02, 01:22 PM
TrboHead
Driver School Candidate

Ok. I disconnected the battery for a couple of minutes to reset the compulter. Nothing. If I push the CD button inside the car I get nothing. The magazine won't go down even if I slide the door shut. Anything else to check?

TrboHead
Old 12-21-02, 04:15 PM
Lexs400
Lexus Test Driver

I have the same issue with my ls400. at times the cartridge doesnt eject. it's a 6cd changer in the trunk.
Dont know what to do about it. so for now i'm just leaving it as is. if someone has a solution i'd love to hear it.
On a side note, does anyone have a problem with their volume control **** on the head unit. ? mine's the nakamichi and for some reason if i turn the **** just a bit the volume rises twice as much so i have to be carefull and at times turn it up and then back down a notch. seems like the coil/resistor inside it isn't really working the way it should !
Old 12-21-02, 06:42 PM
turbosix
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if it wont come out, hold the button down. it should start flashing and then eject. btw, its supposed to be lit up all the time, if it wasnt you couldnt see it at night.

if it wont go in, flip the magazine over, youre putting it in upside down.
Old 12-21-02, 06:47 PM
Lexs400
Lexus Test Driver

Turbo,
The light does flash but the cartridge doesnt come out.
As for putting the cartridge in the right way, that's not an issue
Old 12-21-02, 07:16 PM
turbosix
Pole Position

hmm.. i think mine has stuck once before, if it sticks, just get a small screwdriver and as its blinking, try to kind of pry it out.. gently of course.
Old 12-21-02, 10:04 PM
lexie
Pole Position

Tha happened to me once.
That's how cd changer works: the plastic disc holder (the one U put your cd in) within the cd magazine swing (turn) the cd into place to play; when time to change to next CD, the mechanism turns the plastic disc holder to remove the cd, if the cd do not being remove at the right moment (mine was cause by a sticky cd around the hole area that is where it come in contact with the turning mechanism), that how it got stuff and won't come out. I have to remove the whole changer and took to a repair shop to have them to remove the cd for me. So make sure your CD is CLEAN and Don't rush changing disc to disc when using the cd changer. any help
Old 12-21-02, 10:20 PM
TrboHead
Driver School Candidate

My problem is that the Changer will not accept the magazine and pull it down. The light does not blink but stays on. I've tried pulling the door shut firmly to make sure the shinny metal tab is depressed telling it that the door is shut. I even held the tab with a pen to make sure it was seeing the door shut even though I had the door open. The magazine looks fine and is fully engaging the black tab underneath the magazine. I have disconnected the battery and waited 10 minutes and have also pushed on the rest button within the changer. Holding the eject button down for a few seconds should activate it so it would start blinking but nothing happens. This is a remainufactured changer that I bought from the dealer thinking it was the changer but it still does the same thing. I bought the car with it not working so I do not know the history of it so I thought by buying a new changer it should have taken care of everything. Am I missing anything simple. Pushing the receiver CD button inside the car does nothing at all either. Radio and tape work great. Any suggestions?

TrboHead
Old 01-03-03, 12:44 AM
lexusls96tl
Driver School Candidate

Talking cd changer and radio lcd display fixed

Hi, this morning I took my LS400-1993 to this store in Atlanta, GA to fix my CD changer which door do not open and err message in the radio lcd display.Price 250 removed, fixed and installed.In the afternoon, I brought my 1995 LS 400 to have them fix my radio lcd display which have some missing numbers and letters and the light is out too.Price 250 including removal and reinstall.Actually , all works are great as expected ,anyway they have 60 days warrantee.They said they can fix everything, temp lcd display panel, instrument cluster lights, radio, cd....
You can check and compare w/ other stores .If you want to try, call them and can have price reduced if you remove and install them by yourself. Email me if you need some info concerning how to remove and install your audio system.And when you call to get a quote, mention my name THANH LE to get a discount.This is the place :
Electronics master
2131 pleasant hill Rd
mall corners, suite 135
Duluth, GA 30096
Phone 678-957-0686
Good luck