LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Couple Q's, 91 1UZ

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-09, 07:07 AM
TableSyrup
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Couple Q's, 91 1UZ

Ok, so couple things.

This thing was front end impact on driverside.

So far:

New overflow container (Was leaking)
New used Washer fluid container (Still leaks need another one LOL)
New Plugs and Wires (RUNS FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!!!)
New windshield
Put her on the frame rack and pulled the strut tower down,forward, and into position, trams perfect now

To do:

New tires
Alignment
remove and replace top rail of core support (Cause of wrinkles n stuff)
replace driverside sngine plastics over plugs, front wire clip, rail left to right (cam pulley exposed)
check timing (Doesn't seem to be off, just worth checking)
change all fluids
hood, bumper cover, headlights, paint front clip

Q's:

So, I replaced the overflor cause it was leaking, so I'm sure there's a bunch of air in the system, the overflow appears to be the high point of the system and no bleeders anywhere, so:
Something is amiss cause it really fluctuates in how hot it'll blow. With temp set all the way up and on high, I vary probably 20+ degrees F, seems to pick up full tem at 2,000 RPM

Also, electrical system seems to lag until 2,000 RPM as well. Charging system untested but I'm pretty sure she's kickin cause the new battery is stayin charged and she cranks like she's tryin to flip the car over with the starter.

Anything there that raises a no brainer common issue? I realize it could be the alternator or regulator if there's an external one, just lookin for info, new to this engine n electrical setup.

Q's:

So this is supposed to have ABS, Traction, and steering control systems.... none of them work, and no indicators on the cluster.

The small fuse box located by the battery (At least that's where mine is, heh heh) is missing fuses/breakers/whatever.

Someone got a pic of it, and what each one is? These systems are most likely off cause of missing stuff in there. Still have to go through and check fuses and stuff.

Is there a diagram somewhere showing positions, functions, and values for all fuses/breakers and such?????

Thanx

BTW: Anyone got a link to a strut tower brace? With having racked the thing I think it's a good idea, regardless of all the gussets

Last edited by TableSyrup; 01-15-09 at 07:16 AM.
Old 01-18-09, 11:42 AM
MEANDAFAKA
Lead Lap

try to post some picture, i wanna see what it looks like.
Old 01-18-09, 02:34 PM
TableSyrup
Driver

Originally Posted by MEANDAFAKA
try to post some picture, i wanna see what it looks like.
K thanx! I'll take em today or tomorrow, and post em tomorrow afternoon probably, super busy, gotta run

thank you!
Old 01-18-09, 03:15 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

www.lexls.com about coolant changing and how to get the air out of the system.

maybe your alternator is dying which might cause the electrical system to do that, also make sure terminals at tight. also make sure the power steering isnt leaking cuz that could mess it up.

ill snap a pic of the fuses later...or you could search for instant results.

93-98 MkIV SUPRA TURBO FSTB will fit and clear the 1uz no problem...search because there was a couple recent threads and i just picked mine up from a link given in the thread.