Notices
Lexus Customer Service (archive) The Lexus Customer Service forum on Club Lexus has been inactivated at this time, but past posts will be left as a visible archive forum for a period of time.

Rx450h cpo - warranty

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-15, 11:43 AM
Mike813
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rx450h cpo - warranty

Hi, I purchased a cpo rx450h 2010 w. 32k early January of 2014 from Rallye lexus in NY. The car now has 40091 and has not been in any accidents by me and none by previous owner from what the car fax shows.

Last month I was pulling out my driveway and realized a clunk sound and found transmission fluid all across my driveway. The car was towed to the nearest Lexus (lexis of queens) and found that my axle has disconnected from the crankcase? To make it quick Warranty repaired the issue as the the techs could not figure out how it has happened since there were no signs of impact or damage. about a month later I notice accumulation of water in my drivers side headlight. Again I went to Lexus of queens and they notified me that this is not covered under warranty, but the mechanic/service rep had a concern. He informed me that it seems the headlight was tampered with or repaired previously. There was a sign of epoxy used in various areas of the headlight and I was REALLY surprised this passed through the eyes of my original Lexus dealer as this was not told to me before the car was sold.

I called Rallye and was informed by my sales person from Rallye to drive it back to their location to inspect further. I had Lexus of queens put everything back and made my appt. got there to Rallye and mechanic had a look and reported the same concern that the headlights were indeed tampered with/repaired at one point, but this time they pretty much had the look it was my fault and blamed me this was his words in quote "because you had an aftermarket brush bar installed along with a hid fog light that it could have been you who damaged it" and walked away. They pretty much left me dry with no explanation and my salesmen didn't even know what to say. He asked me to wait at the waiting area as hell talk to the manager. After 30-40 mins passed noone came back, I did see that they left my car at the front entrance, not at valet pickup and told a random lady "I was told to give you this" which were my keys. All service advisors I spoke with somehow vanished and even the service team tried calling and couldn't find them. I got the hint and of course left, I called Lexus corporate and a service rep stated a member will contact me back in 2 business days.

I am of course a bit frustrated and at a lost of words. All I did was contact corporate for now, are there any other steps I should take?
Old 03-19-15, 01:20 PM
LexCareSC
Lexus Customer Service

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, we're sorry to hear about the poor experience you had with Rallye Lexus. Our representative will be in contact with you soon to discuss what we will be able to do to assist you in regards to the experience you had.

We cannot offer any solutions or suggestions at this time, as our representative needs to speak with the dealership as well. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Old 03-22-15, 02:43 PM
Mike813
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexCareSC
Mike, we're sorry to hear about the poor experience you had with Rallye Lexus. Our representative will be in contact with you soon to discuss what we will be able to do to assist you in regards to the experience you had.

We cannot offer any solutions or suggestions at this time, as our representative needs to speak with the dealership as well. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Thank you for your time, a representative did in fact contact me and assisted me with my concerns. All issues will be resolved by the end of this month. I again thank youand your team for the assistance.
Old 03-22-15, 02:51 PM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So the sole issue is wheather some one tempered with head light and that it has water from inside? Did i get this right?
Old 03-22-15, 02:54 PM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Wheather you want to do this or not, the quick fix is to drill a tiny holes underneath the headlamp. It should take care of the problem. A lot of time dealers may not even know of damages/ repairs by previous owners thats why it is important to independently inspect the car prior!
Old 03-23-15, 01:43 PM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by FastTags
Wheather you want to do this or not, the quick fix is to drill a tiny holes underneath the headlamp. It should take care of the problem. A lot of time dealers may not even know of damages/ repairs by previous owners thats why it is important to independently inspect the car prior!
Though I agree with you about getting the car inspected......

I'm thinking, I would personally feel much more comfortable having a Lexus dealer inspect the vehicle since their 'sharp eyes' can (should) quickly spot anomalies since they should know what a 'normal' un-tampered car should look like.

To the OP, I'm happy you got some resolution with this issue.
Old 03-23-15, 01:51 PM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RX469
Though I agree with you about getting the car inspected......

I'm thinking, I would personally feel much more comfortable having a Lexus dealer inspect the vehicle since their 'sharp eyes' can (should) quickly spot anomalies since they should know what a 'normal' un-tampered car should look like.

To the OP, I'm happy you got some resolution with this issue.
that would be your mistke #1 to trust dealer. Always have an insp. done by another shop! Not the same that is selling the car. All mechanics are the same, they just people, one is not better than another just bc he works at Lexus and not mom and pop shop!
Old 03-23-15, 01:59 PM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by FastTags
that would be your mistke #1 to trust dealer. Always have an insp. done by another shop! Not the same that is selling the car. All mechanics are the same, they just people, one is not better than another just bc he works at Lexus and not mom and pop shop!
Thanks for sharing your perspective. Point taken!
Old 03-23-15, 02:17 PM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RX469
Thanks for sharing your perspective. Point taken!
Glad to help
Old 03-23-15, 04:43 PM
Mike813
Lexus Test Driver

Yes, the cars headlight was previously tampered with. It seems a repair was made by using epoxy which was smothered all around the back and top areas of the headlight under the weather strips.

The light is being covered this week so I definitely will not touch/modify the existing headlight since this will void it.

i guess it's a lesson learned, next time buy new and avoid all possible lease returns (most cpo's) since I've read enough horror stories with what individuals do or neglect to do to the vehicles.