Sponsored by:

12 disc changer jam

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-03, 11:35 AM
Ricky Royal
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12 disc changer jam

A cd is jamed in my changer . does anyone know how to get the cd out. Lexus told me 350 if they take it out. Any suggestions.

all appreciated.
Old 09-08-03, 11:43 AM
SC_Speed
Rookie

You need to be more specific... is it that the cartridge is stuck inside and you dont know how to release it or is a cd stuck between the cartridge and the player (i.e. it didnt come all the way out)? If it is the former, then one thing you might try is putting the cd player on CD 12. Then, you should be able to lift the cardridge right out... or at least that is what I do on mine. If there is any resistance, then I would not force it... I'm not sure why it works on mine, but its the only way to get the cartride out so thats what I do. if the cd is stuck then you can use some sort of narrow device to simply push the cd out of the player. You should be able to see the cd when you open the changer. I've done it before and it did not cause any damage. Again, though, if you feel excessive resistance, dont force it. Just use some common sense... try and figure out mechanically what is wrong instead of just tinkering around. Good Luck.
Old 09-08-03, 11:47 AM
SC_Speed
Rookie

After rereading your post, I think oyu meant that the cd is stuck. In this case, what has probably happened is that the rubber gripper thingies that pull the cd in have either become weak or dusty so that they do not grip as well. First, I would push the cd back into the cartridge if possible, and then, to avoid more problems, take the cartride all the way out and clean the rubber things... rubbbing them a bit with your fingers should do the trick.
Old 02-14-04, 07:46 PM
RaynArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive got the same problem sorta. But the cartridge that holds the CD's i was able to get out. problem is there is a CD missing (CD12) so its still in the player im sure. the thing is when i put the cartridge back it wont go back down.

i THINK i see the CD all the way at the bottom halfway in the player. any ideas how to get it out? i dont wanna take it apart not knowing what im doing, heh