Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

passenger air bag light!

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-12, 04:52 PM   #1
Orozco27
Driver
Trader Score: (2)
 
Orozco27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: california
Posts: 105
n_orozco2is
Default passenger air bag light!

hey guys my brother is planning to get a is250 and when we test drove it i noticed that the air bag light said "on" and when i got in my car i checked and theres no light that turn on when some one sits in the passenger seat? is it because my car is a 06 and the one he was gonna get was a 08? or can it be a fuse in my car thats blown?? i just thought it was kinda strange...
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Orozco27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-12, 05:58 PM   #2
Gregz_IS
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 81
Default

Different generationof air bag systems 06 to 08 ... the newer cars have an occupant classification system that detects the weight of any occupant in the passenger seat and the distance from the air bag.

Air bag firing force is adjusted depending on the occupant weight and distance from the bag.

Not enough weight (small child or car seat) airbag is disabled

The system indicator tells if the passenger airbag is turned on or off depending on what or who is sitting in the passenger seat.
__________________
2011 IS250 Smokey Granite Mica
Nav and all the rest
2002 ES300 Pearl White

ASE Master Technician since 1982
ASE L-1 since 1994
Automotive Instructor
Gregz_IS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-12, 06:10 PM   #3
Orozco27
Driver
Trader Score: (2)
 
Orozco27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: california
Posts: 105
n_orozco2is
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregz_IS View Post
Different generationof air bag systems 06 to 08 ... the newer cars have an occupant classification system that detects the weight of any occupant in the passenger seat and the distance from the air bag.

Air bag firing force is adjusted depending on the occupant weight and distance from the bag.

Not enough weight (small child or car seat) airbag is disabled

The system indicator tells if the passenger airbag is turned on or off depending on what or who is sitting in the passenger seat.
yeah i know it depends on the weight and stuff but ur saying the 06 doesnt have that light under navi like the 08 right
Orozco27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-12, 06:39 PM   #4
Gregz_IS
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 81
Default

Look in your owners manual. It explains every light on the dash.







.
__________________
2011 IS250 Smokey Granite Mica
Nav and all the rest
2002 ES300 Pearl White

ASE Master Technician since 1982
ASE L-1 since 1994
Automotive Instructor
Gregz_IS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-12, 07:18 PM   #5
eddiekay
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ontario
Posts: 97
Default

anyway we can turn that light off?
eddiekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-12, 12:45 AM   #6
Orozco27
Driver
Trader Score: (2)
 
Orozco27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: california
Posts: 105
n_orozco2is
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiekay View Post
anyway we can turn that light off?
how can u turn it on? ill look on the manual when i get the chance
Orozco27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-12, 02:06 AM   #7
trinh
Rookie
Trader Score: (5)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 58
adrientrinh adrntrnh
Default

i think there's a TSB or something about this. Something regarding the harness I believe.. My 06 350 light turned on, bothered me at first but I just got used to it.

edit:
here's the TSB:
Quote:
The TSB number is L-SB-0167-08.
The part number and description of the part replaced is:
82141-53A80 Wire, Instrument
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-s...ution-tsb.html

Last edited by trinh; 09-09-12 at 02:13 AM..
trinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-12, 04:53 AM   #8
Bichon
Super Moderator
Trader Score: (0)
 
Bichon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,046
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orozco27 View Post
yeah i know it depends on the weight and stuff but ur saying the 06 doesnt have that light under navi like the 08 right
Correct, the '06 only has one light, located in the instrument panel, that illuminates only when there is a problem with the airbag system.
__________________
2006 IS350, Crystal White/Black, LT, NV, PA, HW, Z1
Bichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-12, 11:34 AM   #9
Orozco27
Driver
Trader Score: (2)
 
Orozco27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: california
Posts: 105
n_orozco2is
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bichon View Post
Correct, the '06 only has one light, located in the instrument panel, that illuminates only when there is a problem with the airbag system.
ohhhh ok i see yea because the light isnt on so i thought it was bad ok well thank you
Orozco27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-14, 01:30 PM   #10
fruslexus
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: NY
Posts: 14
Default 2006 is250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orozco27 View Post
hey guys my brother is planning to get a is250 and when we test drove it i noticed that the air bag light said "on" and when i got in my car i checked and theres no light that turn on when some one sits in the passenger seat? is it because my car is a 06 and the one he was gonna get was a 08? or can it be a fuse in my car thats blown?? i just thought it was kinda strange...
Hope you figured this one out.

2006 2007 and perhaps 2008 ISX50 vehicles had an airbag wiring harness installed taht was too short. many have already failed, others will follow. Complain to NHSTA or drive around without airbag protection, your choice.
fruslexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-14, 01:30 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
2006, 250, air, airbag, bag, clublexus, hybrid, is250, lexus, light, passenger, powered, suspension, tsib, vbulletin, weight

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
air bag light ddcruise IS F 27 07-25-14 08:19 AM
SRS Driver side knee air bag DTC B1861 LEXhaveFUN IS - Second Generation 7 04-28-14 12:31 AM
Passenger seat air bag light diverchris RX - Second Generation 1 11-17-13 06:11 AM
SC300 passenger connect different... miller415 SC 400/300 2 02-22-13 02:41 AM
2006 lexus is 250 HORN problems replace the clock spring castaneda IS - Second Generation 0 08-10-12 11:25 AM

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:04 AM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info