Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

AC Evap blockage and DIY (kinda)

Old 07-18-11, 08:10 PM   #16
kamileon88
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)

The easiest way to remove the plug is via the engine bay. Dont lower the trans like tsb says. Remove the intake manifold and you will have direct access to the plug.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
kamileon88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-11, 12:12 PM   #17
UtoyZ
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (11)

this issue got me worried. so if I see water drips on the floor like all cars do after driving with the AC on, is that a good indication that I don't have the blockage?
UtoyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-11, 12:42 PM   #18
msb028
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by myMRMis350 View Post
this issue got me worried. so if I see water drips on the floor like all cars do after driving with the AC on, is that a good indication that I don't have the blockage?
Sounds like you're fine. Unless you notice the dampness on the inside of the car, I wouldn't be worried. It's a lot of water that soaks up in the carpet - you'll notice if it happens.
msb028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-11, 12:45 PM   #19
msb028
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamileon88 View Post
The easiest way to remove the plug is via the engine bay. Dont lower the trans like tsb says. Remove the intake manifold and you will have direct access to the plug.
Good advice - I probably would have done it myself if I knew it could be done that way.
msb028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-13, 03:07 PM   #20
crossbow37
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

I was told by the service department at my local Lexus dealer that my A/C grommet appeared to be blocked. I have a 2006 IS 250. I have never seen any water in my car and have owned it since new. I only have about 50,000 miles on the car. I have an extended Lexus Platinum Warranty that is good until November 2013. They told me that the warranty wouldn't cover the problem.

I have never seen any water on the carpet in the back or front seats. except under my car, on the pavement. I think the dealer, not my usual dealer, just wanted to drum up business. I have never once smelled any foul oders and water forms a small puddle under the car, after driving in this warm humid Florida weather. He used the term, "he thought that I had a blockage in my A/C grommet. No signs of it and it should have been covered by my very expensive "Platinum Warranty", if work was needed. He said my extended warranty wouldn't cover the grommet, that doesn't appear to be a problem anyway! Any one know if the Lexus Platinum Warranty would cover this?

Last edited by crossbow37; 06-21-13 at 03:14 PM..
crossbow37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-13, 03:07 PM