IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model
View Poll Results: What type of meet interests you the most?
Track meet at VIR
40.00%
Social meet in Baltimore
60.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

East Coast Mega Meet Part II?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-15, 04:12 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigcloud
Yeah VJ looks like no one wants to go to the track which I feel is more rewarding. Lol.
Well, I'm determined to go to the track multiple times this year so, name the time and place when we have a track available in the next 4 months.
Old 03-05-15, 04:22 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

The track is more rewarding, but also more expensive, more of a time commitment, and farther away for just about everyone. Now, don't get me wrong, personally I would like to do it, but as for planning a big meet, that's tough. I suspect a track meet may be a smaller event.

So, Vijay, let's exchange some emails and start getting the particulars nailed down! We can definitely get this coordinated like we did with the last one, and I'd appreciate the help!
Old 03-06-15, 12:25 PM
JE
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What if we could have the best of both option????.........

So, I reached out to some of my contacts about VIR. Sikky is actually sponsoring an event at VIR in the beginning of May. http://hyper-fest.com/

I proposed a plan to the event organizers/VIR. Basically saying that if I were to assemble or organize a large group of ISF's to cruise down there and meet at the track could we get some sort of special incentive or package deal. Since it's a normal race weekend with all kinds of motorsports stuff going on there is a gate fee. Now, knowing their is power in numbers I suggested maybe allowing us to do a couple parade laps around the track in between one of the race groups in return for bringing in a big crowd of ISF's. I got a "hmmm, that could work" so as far as I'm concerned we might be able to pull that off. Now, for the guys that already do track days this isnt going to be enough track time to get your fix but for the guy that's never been on track it's pretty awesome to see what it's like from the driver seat. For the hardcore guy that weekend they will be doing their hyperdrive thing where they let you go out for a set amount of time and basically have a lapping day etc that could be paid for seperate. For those that have attended a NASA sanctioned racing event this is like the HPDE stuff at a very entry level. The only way I can get this pulled off is if we can get some solid #'s of ISF's together. For that matter it may make more sense to open this up to all Lexus models to make sure we have enough people. Basically if we can get a large amount they will even rope off our own area in the infield. It was also suggested that the entry for this would need to be a pre sold ticket to participate so they know how many people are coming and can plan accordingly. Now I know this is potentially a logistical nightmare but at this stage it's all just talk. For now think on that one and let me know. Feedback and suggestions welcome.

If all else fails we are all for a BBQ and meet in Bmore at JE!!!!!!
Old 03-06-15, 01:03 PM
vbb

Originally Posted by JE
What if we could have the best of both option????.........

So, I reached out to some of my contacts about VIR. Sikky is actually sponsoring an event at VIR in the beginning of May. http://hyper-fest.com/

I proposed a plan to the event organizers/VIR. Basically saying that if I were to assemble or organize a large group of ISF's to cruise down there and meet at the track could we get some sort of special incentive or package deal. Since it's a normal race weekend with all kinds of motorsports stuff going on there is a gate fee. Now, knowing their is power in numbers I suggested maybe allowing us to do a couple parade laps around the track in between one of the race groups in return for bringing in a big crowd of ISF's. I got a "hmmm, that could work" so as far as I'm concerned we might be able to pull that off. Now, for the guys that already do track days this isnt going to be enough track time to get your fix but for the guy that's never been on track it's pretty awesome to see what it's like from the driver seat. For the hardcore guy that weekend they will be doing their hyperdrive thing where they let you go out for a set amount of time and basically have a lapping day etc that could be paid for seperate. For those that have attended a NASA sanctioned racing event this is like the HPDE stuff at a very entry level. The only way I can get this pulled off is if we can get some solid #'s of ISF's together. For that matter it may make more sense to open this up to all Lexus models to make sure we have enough people. Basically if we can get a large amount they will even rope off our own area in the infield. It was also suggested that the entry for this would need to be a pre sold ticket to participate so they know how many people are coming and can plan accordingly. Now I know this is potentially a logistical nightmare but at this stage it's all just talk. For now think on that one and let me know. Feedback and suggestions welcome.

If all else fails we are all for a BBQ and meet in Bmore at JE!!!!!!
Actually the only thing holding that back seems to be the timing. May 2nd will be here awfully quickly. But I think it is a fantastic idea. Just like you said, we could do our meet up as well as do a few "parade laps" on the track to just get a little taste as to what it would be like, and for those that want to really run the track at speed, they could sign up for the hyperfest event separately. I think that sounds like a fantastic idea!

But, the question is whether or not we can get a large enough group to make it worth their while in a short period of time. Do you have a sense of how many people they would need to commit in order for them to give us a section where we can rope off and access to the track between sessions? Are we talking 10 ISFs? More?

If this is an option, how many out there reading this would be interested in doing something like this? I think I could make May 2nd work with my schedule, though something later in the summer would be even better. Is there any chance that we could set something like this up for a later date so we can plan it and get more participation?
Old 03-06-15, 03:15 PM
Bigcloud
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vbb
Actually the only thing holding that back seems to be the timing. May 2nd will be here awfully quickly. But I think it is a fantastic idea. Just like you said, we could do our meet up as well as do a few "parade laps" on the track to just get a little taste as to what it would be like, and for those that want to really run the track at speed, they could sign up for the hyperfest event separately. I think that sounds like a fantastic idea!

But, the question is whether or not we can get a large enough group to make it worth their while in a short period of time. Do you have a sense of how many people they would need to commit in order for them to give us a section where we can rope off and access to the track between sessions? Are we talking 10 ISFs? More?

If this is an option, how many out there reading this would be interested in doing something like this? I think I could make May 2nd work with my schedule, though something later in the summer would be even better. Is there any chance that we could set something like this up for a later date so we can plan it and get more participation?
I like both options! I'll be down there anyway for the NASA race so I can bring the IS-F in addition to the Race Car. I'm down for both.
Old 03-07-15, 07:41 AM
JE
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah I'm not sure what the # of cars would need to be. I can ask them if they had an idea. I would assume more than 10 but you never know. I'll ask and let you guys know.
Old 03-07-15, 08:44 AM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not going to make the drive from Canada to VIR for a few parade laps and because I'm a less than amateur driver I will not be entering in any event that's on any competitive level. You can count me out.
Old 03-07-15, 08:49 AM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

VIR is a super hike for the people coming from the north east. and to track a car that far from home sucks if something happens
Old 03-07-15, 10:19 AM
vbb

Originally Posted by Compthis
I'm not going to make the drive from Canada to VIR for a few parade laps and because I'm a less than amateur driver I will not be entering in any event that's on any competitive level. You can count me out.
Originally Posted by darbs242
VIR is a super hike for the people coming from the north east. and to track a car that far from home sucks if something happens
Originally Posted by JE
yeah I'm not sure what the # of cars would need to be. I can ask them if they had an idea. I would assume more than 10 but you never know. I'll ask and let you guys know.
How about this... we continue with the plan to do a summer meet at JE in Baltimore, and if we get enough people interested in the VIR meet to make it worthwhile, then we can just do both.

I think we've had the poll up long enough and it seems that although it isn't an overwhelming margin, people are more interested in a summer meet at JE. Understanding that things never get done if we just talk about it and don't start making plans, I'm going to proceed with the plans for setting up the summer meet! If people want a VIR meet as well, either in May or some other time, they can definitely set up plans for that. I think we have a better chance at getting a large group of us together if we meet in Baltimore and don't make tracking a condition precedent.

Looking forward to it!