IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

HELP! My car feels weak...hesitates on take off

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-14, 06:08 PM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

be aware of full service stations. I usually pump my own gas (even in NJ when peds are not allowed to pump their own gas) and I let a guy pump my car because it was raining out. I wasn't paying attention til I realized the guy filled my car with regular and not premium after i clearly told him premium
Old 06-25-14, 07:31 PM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Rickna , thats hilarious bro. Thanks for posting this !!
You're welcome-Enjoy!
Old 06-25-14, 10:00 PM
powermungr
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I started noticing this issue after I installed my Takeda intake (about a week before I started really noticing). I experience the same issue, just as you described from time to time. It usually occurs after long drives 30 minutes to an hour plus. I think it has more to do with gas as well. The issue goes away the next day. It doesn't matter whether in manual, auto, sport on or off, she is super sluggish. I am thinking of try race gas. All pump gas in CALIFORNIA has issues because all gas here contains ethanol. It get a little deeper too when you dig into the (R+M)/2 method variances which under the right condition may bring the 91 octane you bought down to 87 or lower. I strongly feel we are only experiencing around 70% the F potential on Cali pump gas.
Old 06-25-14, 10:02 PM
meade916
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NYKnick101
be aware of full service stations. I usually pump my own gas (even in NJ when peds are not allowed to pump their own gas) and I let a guy pump my car because it was raining out. I wasn't paying attention til I realized the guy filled my car with regular and not premium after i clearly told him premium
i didn't know they still had full service gas stations any more. I haven't seen one in years. Anyway, i always put premium in and i don't think i accidentally put regular in. I would think if i did, OR the gas was bad, i would have found out right away and not 3/4 into that tank (i used most of it before this happened). That being said though, i did go to another station and fill it up and so far so good. That plus clearing any potential codes by pulling the battery cable.

i am very happy it's all working good again...but i don't like that it happened to begin with. I was near by my house at the time, but i would hate to be out of town and have it do that. If it does i'm gettin rid of it and going back to Honda Civic DX. Never thrown a code on one of those ever LOL
Old 06-26-14, 07:51 AM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by meade916
i didn't know they still had full service gas stations any more. I haven't seen one in years. Anyway, i always put premium in and i don't think i accidentally put regular in. I would think if i did, OR the gas was bad, i would have found out right away and not 3/4 into that tank (i used most of it before this happened). That being said though, i did go to another station and fill it up and so far so good. That plus clearing any potential codes by pulling the battery cable.

i am very happy it's all working good again...but i don't like that it happened to begin with. I was near by my house at the time, but i would hate to be out of town and have it do that. If it does i'm gettin rid of it and going back to Honda Civic DX. Never thrown a code on one of those ever LOL
Nice! DX!

The DX is the under-the-radar dark horse fo' sho'!
Old 06-26-14, 07:52 AM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NYKnick101
What's a full-service station? Is that where you can buy a VCR?
Old 06-26-14, 09:43 AM
dfwjohnd
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dannyk8232
Do they have any highly trained/certified Lexus techs that can clear any codes triggered by being in lame mode? Please advise.
Old 06-26-14, 11:30 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by dfwjohnd
Do they have any highly trained/certified Lexus techs that can clear any codes triggered by being in lame mode? Please advise.
In most states you fill up your car. In NJ its illegal for a person to fill their own car. It has to be done by the gas station attendant . LAME but true. I visit there every year and it always trips me out when they look at you funny when you exit the car
Old 06-26-14, 02:15 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

I feel like my car isn't as fast as it used to be.. going to try and disconnect the negative terminal, hopefully it'll go back to normal..

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 06-26-14, 03:12 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

^^^ do you think its just the ambient temps now. I live in AZ and have felt the timing pulled by the ECU for weeks now. Its just that time of the year. Funny bec when I visit Cali I always feel like my cars have so much more power in that cooler air
Old 06-27-14, 06:41 AM
TranV
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^i think he's joking...after having any car for a while, we all feel like that...
Old 06-27-14, 07:36 AM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by meade916

Originally Posted by dannyk8232
lol In jersey its technically illegal to pump your own gas. Mainly cuz i think jersey people are careless at one point in time that caused a rise in gas station fires. There are a couple full service stations in NY and PA but only in the rich areas ive noticed.
Old 06-27-14, 09:40 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

No i was being serious. LOL. Im also assuming its because ive been driving my chipped 3 series, & all that low end torque makes the car seem so fast. Or my car did get slower, who knows. Hahah

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886