IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Rear Differential repair

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-14, 10:26 PM
Cronic
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol if that offended you, you need some thicker skin. As I said the install is brainless. (I'm not calling you brainless so no need for tears ) I'm telling you it's beyond easy, even for someone with zero experience turning a wrench.

Now since you decided to get bent out if shape I'll leave you with something to cry about, and something to ponder. Maybe it's time you take some initiative and learn a little about cars, so in the future you can avoid the giant **** show you're currently in. Having even a basic understanding of what you're looking at would have sent you running away from that car, saved you thousands of dollars, hours of your time, and lots of aggravation.

I'd be willing to bet finding a local forum member with a garage, that'd lend a hand, wouldn't be too hard. That's what these forums are about no? You might actually learn something to boot.

My initial comment was not meant to demean you, however express to you just how easy it is. It sounded like you were trying to stay under budget and I offered a suggestion to put a couple hundred dollars in your pocket.

Last edited by Cronic; 07-12-14 at 10:33 PM.
Old 07-13-14, 09:34 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The other thing to consider is, unless you're friends with the owner or employees, many shops won't want to mess with installing an exhaust that deletes cats.

Look into finding a DIY garage in your area. Typically they provide a lift, tools, everything you need and will help out and answer questions as you go along. It'd be a great way to save a few $$$ and learn something in the process.
Old 07-13-14, 01:22 PM
MikesISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sean
The other thing to consider is, unless you're friends with the owner or employees, many shops won't want to mess with installing an exhaust that deletes cats.

Look into finding a DIY garage in your area. Typically they provide a lift, tools, everything you need and will help out and answer questions as you go along. It'd be a great way to save a few $$$ and learn something in the process.
Believe it or not, the Lexus dealership is willing to install the aftermarket parts for me! The service manager there is a major car guy, used to own his own custom shop so he is very much enthusiastic about making cars faster and better.