Help with my next mods please!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-15, 01:41 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Help with my next mods please!

Hi Guys,

So looks like my buddy has some spare time next weekend to tackle my handling mods.

Got three things I want to fit if we have enough time.

- Used F Sport Rear Sway Bar (do I need to source any new bushes or anything to swap this over? Guessing it came with new ones originally?)
- RR-Racing USRS (think I have a fair idea on what's involved from the thread on here and the installation notes from RR-Racing)
- Used BC BR coilovers with Swift springs (these are in as new condition thanks to ISFPOWER)

Anyone have any tips on the rear sway bar install (saw some threads on this)?

Given neither of us (or anyone in the UK I imagine!) have done a suspension swap on the ISF before (done a few swaps on Supra's over the years though), any tips or suggestions on what we need to do/avoid would be really appreciated.

I'd also welcome some guidance on how long you think each of the three tasks should take us? I appreciate it's difficult to judge how quickly we will work/if things will come off easily etc, but we have a proper lift, full set of workshop tools, and both of us have worked on cars for years (I used to swap turbo's, fit new clutches, install racing suspension on our Time Attack Supra's etc).

It's only to help me estimate how much I will need to pay him for the day(s) needed.

Thanks guys!
Old 09-02-15, 04:27 AM
Justind27
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Everything you are installing is pretty straight forward. The swaybar is remove and replace, coilovers same and the flca bushing is done per the instructions. I just did the figs flca bushing and coils a couple weeks ago it was easy, swaybar a front and rear a couple months ago and it was just as easy. Hardest part is getting the ride hieght set right and everything tuned in the way you like/drive. The nice thing with the sikky bars is they can go softer or stiffer, coils are a bit of a pita to adjust due to needing of removing the tires again but a quick reference is to remove one shock/spring at a time and set it on a table and set the coilover next to it and adjust the length of the coilover to the approximate drop hieght you want, you might need to go back and readjust but you'll get close usually. Remember to double check all the bolts for proper torque
Old 09-02-15, 04:38 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Justind27
Everything you are installing is pretty straight forward. The swaybar is remove and replace, coilovers same and the flca bushing is done per the instructions. I just did the figs flca bushing and coils a couple weeks ago it was easy, swaybar a front and rear a couple months ago and it was just as easy. Hardest part is getting the ride hieght set right and everything tuned in the way you like/drive. The nice thing with the sikky bars is they can go softer or stiffer, coils are a bit of a pita to adjust due to needing of removing the tires again but a quick reference is to remove one shock/spring at a time and set it on a table and set the coilover next to it and adjust the length of the coilover to the approximate drop hieght you want, you might need to go back and readjust but you'll get close usually. Remember to double check all the bolts for proper torque
Thanks for this.

Just need to find the correct torque figures for the coilovers and sway bar? Have them for the USRS as those are brand new.

I'll have a look around here for the figures when I get some spare time.
Old 09-02-15, 05:56 AM
Justind27
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Lobux is the techstream guru