Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Second Generation > IS C
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Does your 2010 IS 250C rattle?

Old 02-06-10, 09:10 AM   #1
foxwiz
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default Does your 2010 IS 250C rattle?

I purchased a new IS250C in late June and over the last few months, the roof has been rattling. Took it into the dealer and the clamp from the roof to the car on the right side was rattling. They fixed that rattle.

Within a week or two the right side of the roof started to rattle again. Took it back. They made some adjustments and got the car back. Within a day or two, the back of the roof started to rattle. Took it back. They found a bolt in the rear roof area loose and tightened it.

The car has been in the shop four times and although it mostly quite, when going over certain bumps and turns, the roof still rattles.

Anyone else have this problem?

This isn't suppose to happen on a Lexus!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
foxwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-10, 09:22 AM   #2
relaxfoo
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (1)

Actually, if it rattles its a lexus...
relaxfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-10, 09:46 AM   #3
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot
Trader Score: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxfoo View Post
Cause that's helpful

Anyway, OP, yes there seem to be a few members with rattles in their IS-C.....but, most of the members were from my.is, not clublexus. Might want to check out the IS-C section on that forum. I (and others) have posted our observations there.

I had a couple of rattles in mine:
1) Coming from the rear package area......fixed by dealer (when I got my car the rear headrest/rollbar cover wouldn't stay connected......that may have been causing the problem....but I mentioned that issue in addition to the rattles near that area)
2) One coming from the passenger side windows.........inevitable in any car that's B-pillar-less, as it's due to the windows touching
3) A "cracking" sound that I heard near the top of the driver's window only when it was left in 90+ sun......but, haven't had that problem cause it hasn't been that hot since I first got it.
4) A new "clunk" type that sounds like it could be coming from my driver's door when I hit a hard bump.....I'm thinking it may be the door moving slightly.....IDK though, maybe once it warms up here and the salt/sand/snow/ice gets off the road I'll do some more research.

Also, I get the occasional roof creek when going over bumps unevenly, etc, but those are also inevitable with convertibles.

I will say though, compared to my mustang convertible that I used to own, the IS is A LOT better.

2006 IS350 -- Blue Onyx Pearl / Sterling; premium pkg SOLD

Last edited by mikes rx; 02-06-10 at 09:51 AM..
mikes rx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-10, 01:52 PM   #4
foxwiz
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxfoo View Post
You have that wrong. If it rattles it's probably a Chrysler or Chevy!

Hopefully they will fix mine and it won't rattle anymore.
Old 02-06-10, 01:53 PM   #5
foxwiz
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikes rx View Post
Cause that's helpful

Anyway, OP, yes there seem to be a few members with rattles in their IS-C.....but, most of the members were from my.is, not clublexus. Might want to check out the IS-C section on that forum. I (and others) have posted our observations there.

I had a couple of rattles in mine:
1) Coming from the rear package area......fixed by dealer (when I got my car the rear headrest/rollbar cover wouldn't stay connected......that may have been causing the problem....but I mentioned that issue in addition to the rattles near that area)
2) One coming from the passenger side windows.........inevitable in any car that's B-pillar-less, as it's due to the windows touching
3) A "cracking" sound that I heard near the top of the driver's window only when it was left in 90+ sun......but, haven't had that problem cause it hasn't been that hot since I first got it.
4) A new "clunk" type that sounds like it could be coming from my driver's door when I hit a hard bump.....I'm thinking it may be the door moving slightly.....IDK though, maybe once it warms up here and the salt/sand/snow/ice gets off the road I'll do some more research.

Also, I get the occasional roof creek when going over bumps unevenly, etc, but those are also inevitable with convertibles.

I will say though, compared to my mustang convertible that I used to own, the IS is A LOT better.

Thanks for the reply. I did check out the site you mentioned, my.is and I posted there also. This site seems to get more traffic so I thought I would post here and try to get more feedback.
Old 02-06-10, 02:38 PM   #6
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxwiz View Post
You have that wrong. If it rattles it's probably a Chrysler or Chevy!

Hopefully they will fix mine and it won't rattle anymore.
Gotta disagree with that one. I've had several Chryslers and Ford, and all were vault quiet. My lexus rattles like a Daewoo.

I don't hate the car, I'm just disappointed with QC.
15951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-10, 02:38 PM

Tags
2010, 250, 250c, forum, is250c, lexus, lexus250isconvroof, mustang, problem, problems, ratels, rattle, rattles, rattling, roof, window