IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

IS350 sport package limitations?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-13, 03:43 PM
Dan203
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS350 sport package limitations?

I currently own an '08 BWM 135i. It's been a little over 5 years and I'm starting to get the itch to buy something new. I've had a few problems with the BMW so I'm thinking about going with another brand.

I like the IS350 AWD but when I was building one on the Lexus website it wont let me select the F Sport Package unless the color is White with Red interior. I really would like those features but that color combo is just not my style. Is it really impossible to get one with the F Sport suspension and S+ driving mode in any other color combo? Or does the dealer have the ability to mix and match options beyond what is offered online?

In fact I'd really like to have a combination of some of the features from the F Sport package and the Luxury package. Is that possible? Or are you stuck picking from one one of the packages listed?
Old 08-13-13, 03:49 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

F Sport is available in ultra White, Nebula Grey, Silver Lining, Obsidian, or Madador Red exterior colors. These can be matched with black, light grey, or red interiors

I just ordered a Nebula Grey/Red interior today.
Old 08-13-13, 04:06 PM
Dan203
Driver School Candidate

What about mixing some of the options? I'd really like the luxury package but with the suspension upgrade and S+ mode from the sport package. Seems silly if you can't have a sport tuned car with luxury options.
Old 08-13-13, 04:14 PM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan203
What about mixing some of the options? I'd really like the luxury package but with the suspension upgrade and S+ mode from the sport package. Seems silly if you can't have a sport tuned car with luxury options.
It does seem silly. From my experience with Lexus they only offer them in the available packages. The packages change from season to season. I would assume that at this stage they are only going to come in the available packages. And unfortunately special order at Lexus does not mean custom order. There might be such a thing as a custom order but I don't have that kind of connection. It's a shame too cause i too would want some tidbits from the luxury package. =/

Let us know if you have a different experience with your dealer.
Old 08-13-13, 04:14 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

you cant mix them
Old 08-14-13, 04:40 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The most expensive F-Sport package contains Navigation with Mark Levinson, Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, and Blind Spot monitor. The only other stand alone options are Rear Window Shade and Variable Gear Ratio Steering. Odds are if you are looking for a vehicle with all of this, you will have to special order it from Lexus.
Old 08-14-13, 08:11 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Lexus should at least have the parking assist option for F-sport. Most cars on the road have them now.
Old 08-14-13, 10:38 AM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dojoman
Lexus should at least have the parking assist option for F-sport. Most cars on the road have them now.
true...and what bugs me the most is the lack of memory seating. i valet way too much and the seat always gets moved... =/
Old 08-14-13, 10:56 AM
Dan203
Driver School Candidate

There are several options I have on my current car that you can't get with the F Sport package...

Auto dimming mirrors
Auto windshield wipers
Park Assist
Seat memory

Seems silly that you can't add those options to the FSport package. Or at the very least offer some sort of Luxury F Sport package that adds all the non-conflicting options from each package.
Old 08-14-13, 10:57 AM
Dan203
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kabgolf1
you will have to special order it from Lexus.
Can you do that? I wouldn't mind waiting 3+ months for them to special build a car to my specs if that's an option.
Old 08-14-13, 11:05 AM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

There are several options I have on my current car that you can't get with the F Sport package...

Auto dimming mirrors
Auto windshield wipers
Park Assist
Seat memory

Seems silly that you can't add those options to the FSport package. Or at the very least offer some sort of Luxury F Sport package that adds all the non-conflicting options from each package.
the auto dimming mirrors are part of the BSM option which i haven't used yet and probably never will. if i could remove it from my car and ship it to you i would. for free! lol...
Old 08-14-13, 01:06 PM
Dark9t316
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
also the auto tilt mirrors
Old 08-18-13, 12:58 AM
SimTide985
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Auto dimming mirrors
Auto windshield wipers
Park Assist
Seat memory

To take care of overhead and start-up for this model and considering that the IS350 F-Sport will be amongst the lowest selling trim models to be sold, it makes sense for Lexus to be initially conservative in the number of additional options and features that the F-Sport trim will have.

This is a good thing and a bad thing.

The good thing is, that if this trim level sells well and I'm sure that it will, that for 2015/2016+ models moving forward, there's a strong chance that the F-Sport trim will include several of those missing features to the car.

The bad thing is that of course, this may mean that the car may increase quite a bit in price as a result, possibly as much as another $1500 to the MSRP once these features are added on. All of those additional suspension, wheel and tire, special gauges, and NuLuxe seats ain't cheap already..