IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

IS350 F Sport: Limited Color Options

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-13, 05:22 PM
jma7979
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS350 F Sport: Limited Color Options

I was looking at local dealer inventory of IS350 F Sport cars, and saw that all of them come with black interiors. I tried to configure a Flaxen interior on an F Sport on the Lexus website, and was unable to. Since black seems to pretty much be a requirement for F sports, has anyone been able to get Flaxen or another color through special order? I'm curious how customized special order cars can be. Thanks
Old 11-07-13, 06:07 PM
abcsoup
Driver

For F-Sport, you'll be limited to either black, light gray, or red, and these will all be in NuLuxe and not in leather. Unfortunately, flaxen is only available in non-F-Sport models in the US.
Old 11-07-13, 09:02 PM
RayG
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by abcsoup
For F-Sport, you'll be limited to either black, light gray, or red, and these will all be in NuLuxe and not in leather. Unfortunately, flaxen is only available in non-F-Sport models in the US.
whats better nuluxe or flaxen ? whats the difference ?
Old 11-07-13, 11:08 PM
abcsoup
Driver

Originally Posted by RayG
whats better nuluxe or flaxen ? whats the difference ?
So, it's a little confusing, but flaxen is a color while NuLuxe is a material. In the IS, there are two types of materials: Leather and NuLuxe. Flaxen is a color that the leather and NuLuxe can be configured in (a kind of tan/brown color). However, the flaxen color is not available with F-Sport models; it's only available with base and luxury package models.

For more info, you can see all the colors here: http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/colors/

Notice that if you change the model tab to 'IS F SPORT', the interior is limited to NuLuxe in black, red, and light gray.

As far as leather vs. NuLuxe, leather is supposedly more luxurious and breathes better while NuLuxe, a synthetic leather, is more durable. I have NuLuxe in my IS F-Sport and think it looks and feels great. Also, another important thing to note is that F-Sport models don't have the option for cooled seats, while premium and luxury package models do. This is due to the way the padding is injected into the F-Sport seat, which is more firmly supportive than the standard seat.
Old 11-08-13, 02:48 AM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So, it's a little confusing, but flaxen is a color while NuLuxe is a material. In the IS, there are two types of materials: Leather and NuLuxe. Flaxen is a color that the leather and NuLuxe can be configured in (a kind of tan/brown color). However, the flaxen color is not available with F-Sport models; it's only available with base and luxury package models.

For more info, you can see all the colors here: http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/colors/

Notice that if you change the model tab to 'IS F SPORT', the interior is limited to NuLuxe in black, red, and light gray.

As far as leather vs. NuLuxe, leather is supposedly more luxurious and breathes better while NuLuxe, a synthetic leather, is more durable. I have NuLuxe in my IS F-Sport and think it looks and feels great. Also, another important thing to note is that F-Sport models don't have the option for cooled seats, while premium and luxury package models do. This is due to the way the padding is injected into the F-Sport seat, which is more firmly supportive than the standard seat.
I think you just provided the most succintly stated comparison of the "NuLuxe vs. Leather" topic often discussed in this forum!
Old 11-08-13, 03:49 AM
magne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

, another important thing to note is that F-Sport models don't have the option for cooled seats, while premium and luxury package models do. This is due to the way the padding is injected into the F-Sport seat, which is more firmly supportive than the standard seat.
The lack of cooling (fan) in the f-sport seats have nothing to do with how the padding is injected.
In EU and asia all f-sport editions with leather is avalible with cooling. And the padding is injected the same way in those seats. (after the seat is put together)
So there is no reason for the f-sport seats not to have cooling, other than how lexus US has decided to equip their cars.
Old 11-08-13, 05:19 AM
DJP31
Driver School Candidate

Question

Originally Posted by magne
The lack of cooling (fan) in the f-sport seats have nothing to do with how the padding is injected.
In EU and asia all f-sport editions with leather is avalible with cooling. And the padding is injected the same way in those seats. (after the seat is put together)
So there is no reason for the f-sport seats not to have cooling, other than how lexus US has decided to equip their cars.
Correct, my F Sport leather seats are heated and cooled. I really can't understand why the US market would be deprived of these features. Makes no sense to me.
Old 11-08-13, 07:04 AM
abcsoup
Driver

Originally Posted by magne
Originally Posted by DJP31
Correct, my F Sport leather seats are heated and cooled. I really can't understand why the US market would be deprived of these features. Makes no sense to me.
Thanks for the info. When it's summertime, I'll know Lexus is to blame for my scorched ***!