IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Tilted Mirror question

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-15, 06:55 AM
LexoticJ
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Tilted Mirror question

ok question... I have the heated mirrors with dimming feature.. which is supposedly the luxury (x-package) so why doesn't it tilt when in reverse?
Old 03-20-15, 07:37 AM
SC400MAN
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is the mirror adjustment switch in the center (neither left or right) position? Must be for the mirrors to tilt in reverse.
Old 03-20-15, 12:28 PM
LexoticJ
Racer

Originally Posted by SC400MAN
Is the mirror adjustment switch in the center (neither left or right) position? Must be for the mirrors to tilt in reverse.
yes it is in the middle but it still does not tilt... am i missing something?
Old 03-20-15, 01:00 PM
binmop
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FreshIS250
ok question... I have the heated mirrors with dimming feature.. which is supposedly the luxury (x-package) so why doesn't it tilt when in reverse?
Start your car, put it in reverse, adjust the mirror to where you would like it when it tilts.
from there it should adjust downward when you put it in reverse. try that!
Old 03-20-15, 01:21 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

yes it is in the middle but it still does not tilt... am i missing something?
The mirror switch needs to be selecting either sides, NOT the middle, in order for the tilt function in reverse to work.

See if that helps. If it doesn't, manually press on the mirror surface in ALL of the corners till it stops moving. Yes, you'll hear the plastic gears clicking away. Then try again.
Old 03-20-15, 02:12 PM
harper7
Pit Crew

Received 65 Likes on 40 Posts

I don't think there is such a thing as a Luxury X package and all 2IS's don't have tilt side mirrors. Do you have the power rear sunshade as only luxury packages have that and easiest way to tell if it is the luxury package and tilt side morrors.
When I was looking to buy a IS350 ,about 3/4 of people selling them were clueless or BS'ing on what they had and I heard ***** like, fully loaded with every possible option when it wasn't even close and one dealer even said all Lexus's had the ML whether it said it or not. lol

Here's a breakdown of the different packages for 2IS's from the stickies and seems to be pretty accurate from what I've found.
Option Packages:
Premium Package: Heated/ventilated seats and woodgrain only.
HOW TO TELL IF CAR HAS IT: If it has ventilated seats and does NOT have memory seats.

Luxury Package: Same as premium PLUS memory seats, rain-sensing wipers, HIDs, power tilt/telescope steering wheel, auto dim/tilt side mirrors, illuminated scuff plates, and power rear sunshade. Usually also comes with 18" wheels but it's possible to get it with 17". Can't be combined with any other package on this list.
HOW TO TELL: If it has memory seats AND woodgrain.

Sport Package: Same as Luxury Package except you do NOT get woodgrain, power rear sunshade, or illuminated scuff plates, but you DO add the sport suspension, sport pedals, and aluminum scuff plates. Always includes the 18" wheels. Can't be combined with any other option package on this list. No longer offered on 2011 and newer models.
HOW TO TELL: If it has memory seats and does NOT have woodgrain.

NOTE: Memory seats are only driver, not passenger, for 2011 and newer models.

F-Sport Package (2011+ Models Only): 18" wheels, sport suspension, heated (NOT ventilated) front seats, microfiber seat inserts, aluminum door-sill plates, sport pedals, front and rear spoiler, grille inserts, F-Sport steering wheel, shift ****, seats, and badge.
HOW TO TELL: Visually obvious with the F-Sport labeled seats/wheel, etc.

X-Package ('07-'10 Models Only): Illuminated scuff plates, sport suspension, sport pedals, front lip spoiler, and special 5-spoke 18" wheels; nothing else from the other packages. This package can not be combined with the Sport or Luxury Packages but can combine with Premium Package.
HOW TO TELL: 5-spoke wheels are the easiest way.

ii) Standalone Options:

These options are unrelated to and independent of what packages the car may otherwise have unless it's part of a package the car already includes.

HIDs: '06 models could only get this as part of the Sport or Luxury Package. For '07+, it's an available standalone option.
HOW TO TELL: Check the multi-switch to the lower left of the steering wheel that looks like <0>; if you have an AFS ON/OFF option you have HIDs.

18" Wheels: Visually obvious

Rear Trunk Lip Spoiler: Visually obvious

Navigation: This includes bluetooth and backup camera.
HOW TO TELL: Navigation screen is visually obvious.

Mark Levinson: This is an upgraded sound system. It can be ordered with or without Navigation, but you only get a DVD-changer if it's with Navigation; comes with CD-changer otherwise)
HOW TO TELL: Mark Levinson logo on the head unit.

Park Assist: Distance sensors on the front and rear of the car.
HOW TO TELL: Little circle dots on front/rear bumpers.

Headlamp Washers: Visually obvious small bulges below headlights.

Pre-Collision System (PCS): Radar cruise control, one of the rarest 2IS options. No longer offered on 2011 and newer models.
HOW TO TELL: Special blackish L logo on front grill.

XM Radio: Satellite radio. Standard on '09+ models.
HOW TO TELL: Hit the AM/SAT button a couple times; if you never get anything but AM it doesn't have it. This is very easy to add later.

Last edited by harper7; 03-20-15 at 02:16 PM.
Old 03-20-15, 04:31 PM
iNfectious
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out last year's thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...g-reverse.html
Old 03-20-15, 08:32 PM
LexoticJ
Racer

Originally Posted by harper7
I don't think there is such a thing as a Luxury X package and all 2IS's don't have tilt side mirrors. Do you have the power rear sunshade as only luxury packages have that and easiest way to tell if it is the luxury package and tilt side morrors. When I was looking to buy a IS350 ,about 3/4 of people selling them were clueless or BS'ing on what they had and I heard ***** like, fully loaded with every possible option when it wasn't even close and one dealer even said all Lexus's had the ML whether it said it or not. lol Here's a breakdown of the different packages for 2IS's from the stickies and seems to be pretty accurate from what I've found. Option Packages: Premium Package: Heated/ventilated seats and woodgrain only. HOW TO TELL IF CAR HAS IT: If it has ventilated seats and does NOT have memory seats. Luxury Package: Same as premium PLUS memory seats, rain-sensing wipers, HIDs, power tilt/telescope steering wheel, auto dim/tilt side mirrors, illuminated scuff plates, and power rear sunshade. Usually also comes with 18" wheels but it's possible to get it with 17". Can't be combined with any other package on this list. HOW TO TELL: If it has memory seats AND woodgrain. Sport Package: Same as Luxury Package except you do NOT get woodgrain, power rear sunshade, or illuminated scuff plates, but you DO add the sport suspension, sport pedals, and aluminum scuff plates. Always includes the 18" wheels. Can't be combined with any other option package on this list. No longer offered on 2011 and newer models. HOW TO TELL: If it has memory seats and does NOT have woodgrain. NOTE: Memory seats are only driver, not passenger, for 2011 and newer models. F-Sport Package (2011+ Models Only): 18" wheels, sport suspension, heated (NOT ventilated) front seats, microfiber seat inserts, aluminum door-sill plates, sport pedals, front and rear spoiler, grille inserts, F-Sport steering wheel, shift ****, seats, and badge. HOW TO TELL: Visually obvious with the F-Sport labeled seats/wheel, etc. X-Package ('07-'10 Models Only): Illuminated scuff plates, sport suspension, sport pedals, front lip spoiler, and special 5-spoke 18" wheels; nothing else from the other packages. This package can not be combined with the Sport or Luxury Packages but can combine with Premium Package. HOW TO TELL: 5-spoke wheels are the easiest way. ii) Standalone Options: These options are unrelated to and independent of what packages the car may otherwise have unless it's part of a package the car already includes. HIDs: '06 models could only get this as part of the Sport or Luxury Package. For '07+, it's an available standalone option. HOW TO TELL: Check the multi-switch to the lower left of the steering wheel that looks like <0>; if you have an AFS ON/OFF option you have HIDs. 18" Wheels: Visually obvious Rear Trunk Lip Spoiler: Visually obvious Navigation: This includes bluetooth and backup camera. HOW TO TELL: Navigation screen is visually obvious. Mark Levinson: This is an upgraded sound system. It can be ordered with or without Navigation, but you only get a DVD-changer if it's with Navigation; comes with CD-changer otherwise) HOW TO TELL: Mark Levinson logo on the head unit. Park Assist: Distance sensors on the front and rear of the car. HOW TO TELL: Little circle dots on front/rear bumpers. Headlamp Washers: Visually obvious small bulges below headlights. Pre-Collision System (PCS): Radar cruise control, one of the rarest 2IS options. No longer offered on 2011 and newer models. HOW TO TELL: Special blackish L logo on front grill. XM Radio: Satellite radio. Standard on '09+ models. HOW TO TELL: Hit the AM/SAT button a couple times; if you never get anything but AM it doesn't have it. This is very easy to add later.
Thanks. Yes I confirmed it was the x package and had heated mirrors because I had to change a strut one time and that's how I realized what package it was.
Plus I have wood grain.
Old 03-20-15, 08:41 PM
LexoticJ
Racer

Thanks for the info everyone
Old 03-20-15, 08:49 PM
harper7
Pit Crew

Received 65 Likes on 40 Posts

Thanks. Yes I confirmed it was the x package and had heated mirrors because I had to change a strut one time and that's how I realized what package it was.
Plus I have wood grain.
That means you most likely have the X package combined with the premium package,not luxury.
Only the Luxury and Sport packages have auto dim/tilt mirrors and the reason yours doesn't tilt.
They all have heated mirrors I believe.