Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

is the 450h built in Japan?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-15, 06:53 PM
Cruiter

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

And that is in Ontario Canada.
Originally Posted by COPAPILOT
My RX450h door says Oakville.
Old 02-10-15, 08:12 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by COPAPILOT
My RX450h door says Oakville.
Really weird. In Oakville (near my neck of the woods), there's a Lexus dealer called "Lexus of Oakville", but that's it for Lexus-presence there.

They are built in Cambridge, Ontario, just a 45 min drive from my area.
Can you post a pic?
Old 02-11-15, 07:34 AM
Droid13
Racer

Received 484 Likes on 337 Posts

Reading all these comments about quality at the Cambridge plant, it reminded me of an interesting perspective I get from a friend of mine that works at a GM assembly plant that builds Camaros and Impalas. He does repairs. He described to me a situation where at some point in the process the cars rest on their frame on grounding pins, and on rare occasion the frames lose contact with the ground and cause arcing that melts a hole in the frame. He showed me pics of how they are repaired sometimes, just a metal plate welded over the hole, ugly and likely to rust a lot sooner. He then showed me pictures of how he does the repair, and the final result was perfect, you could not tell a defect ever occurred and properly rust protected. He just can't stand to see a car shipped out without a proper repair. He's also talked about paint defects caused by debris, and described the uncleanliness of the ceiling areas, no wonder there is debris falling occasionally. He's always pushing for better quality and cleaniless to senior people with mixed results, but it's an example of how quality thinking needs to come from the top. If it does, there are people that are willing to make sure it happens, but when it comes from the middle, it'll always be hit and miss. While I don't have inside information on the Lexus plant, it sounds like they do take quality seriously right from the top.
Old 02-15-15, 12:04 PM
CanadianRX
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Proud of the Canadian plants When a plant finishes first in the world in defects and you still have people arguing on quality.. something is wrong. I tend to believe facts over perception.

Originally Posted by Droid13
Reading all these comments about quality at the Cambridge plant, it reminded me of an interesting perspective I get from a friend of mine that works at a GM assembly plant that builds Camaros and Impalas. He does repairs. He described to me a situation where at some point in the process the cars rest on their frame on grounding pins, and on rare occasion the frames lose contact with the ground and cause arcing that melts a hole in the frame. He showed me pics of how they are repaired sometimes, just a metal plate welded over the hole, ugly and likely to rust a lot sooner. He then showed me pictures of how he does the repair, and the final result was perfect, you could not tell a defect ever occurred and properly rust protected. He just can't stand to see a car shipped out without a proper repair. He's also talked about paint defects caused by debris, and described the uncleanliness of the ceiling areas, no wonder there is debris falling occasionally. He's always pushing for better quality and cleaniless to senior people with mixed results, but it's an example of how quality thinking needs to come from the top. If it does, there are people that are willing to make sure it happens, but when it comes from the middle, it'll always be hit and miss. While I don't have inside information on the Lexus plant, it sounds like they do take quality seriously right from the top.