GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

NEWBIE HERE! Love the GS from what i have seen

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-05, 06:55 AM
Minarets
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEWBIE HERE! Love the GS from what i have seen

hey guys! guess this is more of a 1st post deal, but wanted to say i love the forums! i have been reading just about every post up to page 5 the last few days while i awaited activation. I headed to the dealer to get the literature on Tues. I am headed to the dealer tomorrow to take a drive of the GS300. I am 24 and have never owned a Lexus. I am in the market in the next year or so and i have been educating myself on a number of cars so that i can be most informed when i purchase--and it is kind of a hobby. i go on "test driving adventures" on weekends all the time.

My father-in-law works for GM and to be honest i couldnt think of a worse curse at this point? I am a car junkie, new school, not old. My wife says my next purchase better be American
I have been looking more and more into the American market hoping and praying i could find somthing that would set me off. The CTS-V and the 300 SRT-8 have def caught my eye at this point and so has the 300C. price is of course better, but in about 4 or 5 years how will they be holding up? i think that question can go unanswered. i know Lexus is a division of Toyota and my dad;s old 1992 camry 5 speed lasted him 250,000 miles. my next car will have to be a car that i keep for awhile as i am still paying off my wife's Trailblazer and as we start a family. I have driven the Acura RL and it is a very nice car; so is the TL which is fun to drive and has an amazing sound system. The GS430 would of course be my choice if $$$ was not an option, however it is. realistically i dont need to be dropping $60, 000 on a car. the GS300 sure seems nice and i cant wait to drive it tomorrow. Agian, sorry to bore you all with this lengthy fir post, but again, i love the foums....thanks for all the help
Old 03-11-05, 07:02 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to CL

Enjoy the Test Drive

Old 03-11-05, 08:38 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Minarets
i know Lexus is a division of Toyota and my dad;s old 1992 camry 5 speed lasted him 250,000 miles.
Welcome to CL! Owning a Lexus is a totally different experience, from the moment you walk into the Lexus dealership all the way to bringing your car in for it's 100,000 mile service. I think this is what makes the Lexus ownership experience unique, which is why you see a good number of enthusiasts who gather here and share experiences. Good luck!
Old 03-11-05, 09:11 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome to CL and to (soon-to-be ? ) Lexus ownership. You won't regret either "family".
Old 03-11-05, 09:27 AM
Minarets
Driver School Candidate

thank guys!
i am very excited to go and test drive a 300 on Sat. I am going to def. wait until there is some bargining power with this vehicle. all of my other options are in the low $40's range and i want to see if i could get this for near that.

all of my other choices are more power enthused, but i am willing to sacrifice, since it isnt really important to me. i am more of a lux feel kinda guy.

all i want in a car (stock! i am not particularly a fan of modding cars with the exception of wheels) is great, unique looks, smooth ample ride, fast when need be, and a killer audio system. this def fits under that from what i am reading.

however, i must say that the Chrysler 300 SRT-8 is awfully tempting--nothing but good reviews out of it...of course i would expect NOTHING from the dealer as far as service or anything really. only thing that scares me there is the quality factor
Old 03-11-05, 11:16 AM
LexFather

hey guys! guess this is more of a 1st post deal, but wanted to say i love the forums! i have been reading just about every post up to page 5 the last few days while i awaited activation. I headed to the dealer to get the literature on Tues. I am headed to the dealer tomorrow to take a drive of the GS300. I am 24 and have never owned a Lexus. I am in the market in the next year or so and i have been educating myself on a number of cars so that i can be most informed when i purchase--and it is kind of a hobby. i go on "test driving adventures" on weekends all the time.

My father-in-law works for GM and to be honest i couldnt think of a worse curse at this point? I am a car junkie, new school, not old. My wife says my next purchase better be American
I have been looking more and more into the American market hoping and praying i could find somthing that would set me off. The CTS-V and the 300 SRT-8 have def caught my eye at this point and so has the 300C. price is of course better, but in about 4 or 5 years how will they be holding up? i think that question can go unanswered. i know Lexus is a division of Toyota and my dad;s old 1992 camry 5 speed lasted him 250,000 miles. my next car will have to be a car that i keep for awhile as i am still paying off my wife's Trailblazer and as we start a family. I have driven the Acura RL and it is a very nice car; so is the TL which is fun to drive and has an amazing sound system. The GS430 would of course be my choice if $$$ was not an option, however it is. realistically i dont need to be dropping $60, 000 on a car. the GS300 sure seems nice and i cant wait to drive it tomorrow. Agian, sorry to bore you all with this lengthy fir post, but again, i love the foums....thanks for all the help
WELCOME NEWBIE!!!
I got a loophole for you, the Acura TL, is
1. Designed in California by Americans
2. Made for the AMerican market
3. Built in Ohio, by Americans
4 Sold in America only

Yeah, its not a Lexus but its not something from GM. And you can tell the wife, its an American made car (for all intents and purposes).

Onto the GS300, a lot of people have been surprised by its acceleration. It has more power than the last GS and another gear.

Good luck, hope to see you in the GS!
Old 03-11-05, 11:59 AM
Minarets
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
WELCOME NEWBIE!!!
I got a loophole for you, the Acura TL, is
1. Designed in California by Americans
2. Made for the AMerican market
3. Built in Ohio, by Americans
4 Sold in America only

Yeah, its not a Lexus but its not something from GM. And you can tell the wife, its an American made car (for all intents and purposes).

Onto the GS300, a lot of people have been surprised by its acceleration. It has more power than the last GS and another gear.

Good luck, hope to see you in the GS!
thanks! oh and about the TL....i have def already been that route. it is actually assembled in Marysville, OH....75% American parts...yadda yadda....what did her day say," but where does the money go"

see i drive a 97 Maxima now and i live 1 mile from the assymbly plant in Smyrna TN....i even have a hard time working that out. MY DA*N neighbors build them!! it is quite frustrating really. anyway, here is to hoping its a lot of money and i should be able to dowhat i would like to do. thanks again guys! i really want a silver with black interior or blue onyx with the grey and blackwood, with the ML sound system and 5 spoke wheels!

and the kicker, i dont want to pay over 45,999....
i dont know about that one
Old 03-11-05, 12:18 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

all i want in a car (stock! i am not particularly a fan of modding cars with the exception of wheels) is great, unique looks, smooth ample ride, fast when need be, and a killer audio system. this def fits under that from what i am reading.
LOL I used to feel the same way but when you hang out enough here and you'll probably change your mind later down the road. Even if it's little!
Old 03-11-05, 12:19 PM
Erick G
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stopped by my local dealer today
They had 4-5 GS on the lot
finally saw the flint mica gorgeous!
when we drove by it had a blue hue an hr later was steel grey
got to sit inside it. wow that smell is intoxicating
seats seem like they provide much better side support.
now if only i can see a flint mica with 18" tourmaline I'd be happy.
Old 03-11-05, 12:30 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
LOL I used to feel the same way but when you hang out enough here and you'll probably change your mind later down the road. Even if it's little!
I think you've done a more than a little Ryan.
Old 03-11-05, 12:35 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Shhh! don't remind me! LOL
Old 03-11-05, 06:04 PM
Sandman
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Minarets, nice to be chatting with you.

My advise is a bit forward - but I say don't set a bad precedent by pleasing your father-in-law! It is a cycle that will have to be broken eventually. Get the car that you want and is right for you and your wife.