GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Looking for help with electrical problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-13, 11:52 PM
Jose98GS3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for help with electrical problems

Hello I have a 98 GS300 and am having some isues with the door lights,dome lights and various other little things i think are connected.

First and foremost i would like to say thanks to clublexus and all its members specifically in this section if it weren't for this forum i would have sold my car long ago and/or spent way more money than i should have fixing it

The issues are as follows

1.)The front passenger door lock actuator does not work from the key fob ,Door still opens with key and manually with interior switch.***

2.) If the doors are unlocked from the key fob the dome,footwell and ignition ring lights will turn on, however if those lights should time out before you open the any of the doors the dome lights will only turn back on when opening the front passenger or rear driver door.
if the doors are unlocked and interior lights off when opening the front driver or rear passenger door the car remains dark when opened, no courtesy/step lights turning on on those two doors either. conversely when getting out of the car after turning off the engine the step lights work about one out of a hundred times on those doors but they do work so i know the bulbs are good at least lol

3.)The indicator light inside the switch for the driver heated seat on the center console does not light up. heated seats work fine on both sides but the indicator light does not activate again I've actually gotten it to work by flipping up and down different combinations of it and the pass side heated seat button although there was no combination that could repeatedly get it to stay on it does have a working bulb

4.)if the headlights are on doors will not lock from they key fob even though blinkers flash and the alarm chimes also the headlights will not automatically shut off

5.)Drivers seat memory does not work the buttons on the panel make no noise and do not do anything. seat adjustment controls still all work.and the steering wheel telesc/tilt memory is also functioning

issues 1-4 have been present since i bought the car a year ago but 5 is recent

***from what i found during search it would seem that the front pass actuator being out would set off a red flag as being the most obvious culprit for some of these issues but what i was wondering is if it could be a multi-issue situation say an ecu or ecm or a multiplex or body sensor issue as well? Should i just search harder?

Thanks for taking the time to read this lengthy post ,looking forward to any and all replies