GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

New pics- leatherique is the bomb (plus a few others) *no 56K*

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-09, 09:58 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New pics- leatherique is the bomb (plus a few others) *no 56K*

Big thanks to Chris from Glimmer Glass for the leatherique, and our own detailing forum for the help and technique! I was really surprised at just how much of a difference the leatherique makes because about half way through I started to have my doubts. I think the best two things about the product are 1) how soft it leaves your leather (feels like new, honestly) and 2) how well it pulls dirt and impurities off the surface. I thought that I kept my leather quite clean with the Lexus brand leather products, but I was truly shocked at how much "stuff" came off my leather.

These were the towels when I was finished:

Misc. "after" pics. Hard to tell the difference in the leather in some of them, but I think the best indicator is the even color of the leather. It's brighter, softer, and has a more even tone now.

Overall I was very, very happy with the leatherique and highly recommend it. The best thing is how even the color of the leather is afterwards. I guess you wouldn't notice the difference as much with black leather, but even on saddle which isn't as light as some others, I didn't notice how there were certain parts of my seats which were more gray than others from dirt, dust, perspiration, etc over time. Another thing is that almost nobody has ever sat in my back seats and I have always noticed that they just have a better color to them than the front ones, but after using leatherique and pulling all the impurities off my front seats, everything is the same, even, rich saddle color. The leather on my front seats had also hardened somewhat moreso than the rear seats, due to the fact that they get more UV exposure because the windshield isn't tinted. Now they are just as soft as the back ones.
Old 01-02-09, 10:01 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

A few last closeups of the leather.

It pulled ALL of the dirt out of creases and folds:

Here you can see just how soft and supple the leather is now:

Last one (kind of dark)

Old 01-02-09, 10:03 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might have to try this on my LS seats.
Old 01-02-09, 10:09 AM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Wow that looks great! I have been wanting to do this for a while now. No before pictures to compare?
Old 01-02-09, 10:11 AM
JoelGs
Lexus Test Driver

Looks good..
Old 01-02-09, 10:11 AM
Emil
Pole Position

wow love the colour on those seats,was that a factory option for you in the US or re-trim?
Old 01-02-09, 10:23 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Emil
wow love the colour on those seats,was that a factory option for you in the US or re-trim?
Saddle is a factory color on certain exterior color combos. I used to really hate it, but it really grew on me and now I really like it, go figure.
Old 01-02-09, 10:25 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

...and then of course I had to clean the exterior of the car and snapped a few pics with another whip in the MPLexus stable.

Old 01-02-09, 10:37 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

And a couple others...

Old 01-02-09, 10:39 AM
SADDLE
Lexus Test Driver

gotta love the saddle.
Old 01-02-09, 10:40 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Debonair
Wow that looks great! I have been wanting to do this for a while now. No before pictures to compare?
I think the best "before" shot I have is this one where you can see some dullness and gray in the leather. Still not a good picture, but trust me...after the leatherique the biggest thing that you notice is the consistency and brightness in your leather color.
Attached Thumbnails New pics- leatherique is the bomb (plus a few others) *no 56K*-020-3-.jpg  
Old 01-02-09, 10:42 AM
Emil
Pole Position

cool never really knew that was an option,any chance could see some of the car with interior pictures?

i was adament that i had black leathers with my GS,and never saw a GS with that interior in the UK,would have rather had that
Old 01-02-09, 10:46 AM
RI-Lex
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I've heard great things about that product, will have to try it myself, your leather looks amazing MP the vett looks sweet too, but Im a mustang guy LOL
Old 01-02-09, 11:35 AM
Frankdorn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It would nice if your interior WAS black and is NOW saddle. THEN I WOULD GRAB THIS STUFF!!
Old 01-02-09, 12:44 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks great, do you know if your Sport Design leather is semi-aniline (coated) like "normal" GS leather? I've never been able to get a solid answer on whether the leatherique works well on coated leather like the GS has, it theoretically wouldn't penetrate well. I'd love to do mine if I was confident that it would work.

Quick Reply: New pics- leatherique is the bomb (plus a few others) *no 56K*