GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

New pics- leatherique is the bomb (plus a few others) *no 56K*

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-09, 12:44 PM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

efffffff. MP i would kill for your interior hahaha
Old 01-02-09, 01:12 PM
MrExecutiv
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome job. nice rides.
Old 01-02-09, 02:00 PM
Vadim540i
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Big thanks to Chris from Glimmer Glass for the leatherique, and our own detailing forum for the help and technique! I was really surprised at just how much of a difference the leatherique makes because about half way through I started to have my doubts. I think the best two things about the product are 1) how soft it leaves your leather (feels like new, honestly) and 2) how well it pulls dirt and impurities off the surface. I thought that I kept my leather quite clean with the Lexus brand leather products, but I was truly shocked at how much "stuff" came off my leather.

These were the towels when I was finished:

Misc. "after" pics. Hard to tell the difference in the leather in some of them, but I think the best indicator is the even color of the leather. It's brighter, softer, and has a more even tone now.

Overall I was very, very happy with the leatherique and highly recommend it. The best thing is how even the color of the leather is afterwards. I guess you wouldn't notice the difference as much with black leather, but even on saddle which isn't as light as some others, I didn't notice how there were certain parts of my seats which were more gray than others from dirt, dust, perspiration, etc over time. Another thing is that almost nobody has ever sat in my back seats and I have always noticed that they just have a better color to them than the front ones, but after using leatherique and pulling all the impurities off my front seats, everything is the same, even, rich saddle color. The leather on my front seats had also hardened somewhat moreso than the rear seats, due to the fact that they get more UV exposure because the windshield isn't tinted. Now they are just as soft as the back ones.
I love the color of your interior! Super hot!
Old 01-02-09, 02:08 PM
farquad
Lexus Test Driver

i've always loved saddle.. so sexy, nice corvette also (Y)
Old 01-02-09, 02:57 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

So how much for your interior? I would even drive down to florida for it. But nice results and nice review I'll probably be investing in so Leatherique soon as spring rolls around.
Old 01-02-09, 02:58 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

oooohhh....love that saddle color!
Old 01-02-09, 03:24 PM
k.r.e.a.m.
Pole Position

Wow! For me....best interior option ever on the GS. Wish I had that instead of my tan.

How long was the cleaning process and was it difficult to get that finished looked. If I didn't know better I would think it was just from the factory.

We should swap leathers!
Old 01-02-09, 03:51 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice job. Lexol just really isn't cutting it for me. The conditioner dries out way to fast. Might have to try some leatherique myself.

Your interior is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 01-02-09, 04:43 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyle Harty
Looks great, do you know if your Sport Design leather is semi-aniline (coated) like "normal" GS leather? I've never been able to get a solid answer on whether the leatherique works well on coated leather like the GS has, it theoretically wouldn't penetrate well. I'd love to do mine if I was confident that it would work.
I have a GS430 with black "normal" leather and tried Leatherique several times and it did not make the leather any softer or suppler, doubt anything penetrated the "protective" coating so it was not able to work.
Old 01-02-09, 04:46 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Looks good.. Have you tried Lexol before OP? Lexol products have done wonders for me & the leather in my GS still smells & looks showroom perfect after all these years..
Old 01-02-09, 04:51 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did the entire process over about two days. The first day I put on three different coats of the Rejuvenator Oil because my seats were absorbing it so quickly.

The second day I used as much Pristine Clean as it took to get all of the dirt off my seats...probably about 2-3 coats for each front seat, and only one for the rear.

I don't know if the Sport Design has a different leather than other GSs, but to my knowledge it does not. I have always used the Lexus branded leather products and have been pretty happy. I used Lexol on some of my other cars and wasn't really that pleased with the long term results.

Leatherique blows them both away. It picks up more dirt and leaves the leather looking and feeling like brand new.
Old 01-02-09, 05:00 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
I did the entire process over about two days. The first day I put on three different coats of the Rejuvenator Oil because my seats were absorbing it so quickly.

The second day I used as much Pristine Clean as it took to get all of the dirt off my seats...probably about 2-3 coats for each front seat, and only one for the rear.

I don't know if the Sport Design has a different leather than other GSs, but to my knowledge it does not. I have always used the Lexus branded leather products and have been pretty happy. I used Lexol on some of my other cars and wasn't really that pleased with the long term results.

Leatherique blows them both away. It picks up more dirt and leaves the leather looking and feeling like brand new.
I will have to try this product out.. Thanks for the repsonse
Old 01-02-09, 07:11 PM
habeeb89
Lexus Test Driver

I'm going to give the product a try, can't beat it especially when CL members get the 15% discount from Chris.

And I always say this whenever you post pics, I LOVE YOUR INTERIOR!!!
Old 01-02-09, 09:59 PM
Parker Gen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice interior, that's a great colour, and seems clean.
Old 01-03-09, 06:36 AM
Rezaxxed
Pole Position

I have to give that a try. Anybody got a link on here somewhere? And somebody mentioned that we 15% off? Wow. We should post a thread with a finish product on a tan interior so we can get a close comparison. Before and after pic would be nice.

Quick Reply: New pics- leatherique is the bomb (plus a few others) *no 56K*