GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Warranty Claim Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-15, 04:11 PM
djkidd
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Warranty Claim Help Needed

Since everyone on the forum is so great and helpful, I thought I'd ask you all for help with this one. I have a 2015 F-Sport RWD. I have a few items that I need to take my car into the dealership for:

1. Sunroof sticks on a warmer day
2. Leaky door - rear passenger
3. Headliner creaking - near sunroof on driver side
4. **5 Tech Service Bulletins (World Standard Auto Transmission Fluid, ATM Manual Stick Lever/Park Neutral Position Installation, Auto Transmission Replacement Precaution, Torque Converter Bolt Installation, Techstream ECU Flash Reprogramming Procedure)
5. Software update due to Lexus Enform App (Start/Stop issue, received email 4/21)

I wanted to ask if any of you have experienced other issues that I should have my dealership look at. I hate having to go in since the dealership is far from my work and home so I'd like to get everything taken care of at once. I haven't made my appointment yet, but I plan to make the appointment at Lexus Newport Beach soon. Thanks!

**Note: I know the TSBs are not necessarily things that need to get done, I just want them to look into it to see if anything is required based on the TSBs.

Also, I've checked the Lexus Recall site, Toyota TSB, recall.gov, etc.
Old 04-22-15, 06:29 PM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What is the headliner cracking?
Can you post picture please.
Old 04-22-15, 06:34 PM
djkidd
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by xRYD3Rx
What is the headliner cracking?
Can you post picture please.
It's not crackling, it's creaking. it's making this squeaky creaking noise at high speeds, sometimes.
Old 04-22-15, 07:37 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Get them all done at once. It may take several days so book ur loaner car ahead of time.

I would stay away from headliner fixes unless it's leaking water cause they may do more damage than good when removing it and u may end up with creases and scratches on the surrounding area.
Old 04-22-15, 07:41 PM
djkidd
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Get them all done at once. It may take several days so book ur loaner car ahead of time.
That's the idea. I'm going to book my appointment tomorrow morning for Friday hopefully. Unfortunately, Newport Lexus only has IS, ES, RX, and CT as loaners. Hopefully I can at least get into an IS350 since none of the other's appeal to me.

I would stay away from headliner fixes unless it's leaking water cause they may do more damage than good when removing it.
Last time I discussed this issue with the Service Advisor, he informed me that it would require removing the sunroof. Do you think I would still end up with major problems? The noise really bothers me when it does happen.
Old 04-22-15, 07:43 PM
fuddyduddy
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

What's the one about the World Standard Auto Transmission Fluid? I am wondering when might be the best time to have mine changed and where would be the best place to have it done?
Old 04-22-15, 07:46 PM
djkidd
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by fuddyduddy
What's the one about the World Standard Auto Transmission Fluid? I am wondering when might be the best time to have mine changed and where would be the best place to have it done?
http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/...dPdf?id=187009

This one is from 2011 but it's been updated to include the 2015 GS350 as well. Like I said, I don't know if anything actually needs to be done, but I'll talk to them about it to see what it's for. Whatever info I get on these TSBs, I'll report back.
Old 04-22-15, 07:59 PM
fuddyduddy
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

It mentions a 100,000 mile inspection but not a change out. Thanks.
Old 04-23-15, 01:08 AM
WolfSnap
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by djkidd
Since everyone on the forum is so great and helpful, I thought I'd ask you all for help with this one. I have a 2015 F-Sport RWD. I have a few items that I need to take my car into the dealership for:

4. **5 Tech Service Bulletins (World Standard Auto Transmission Fluid, ATM Manual Stick Lever/Park Neutral Position Installation, Auto Transmission Replacement Precaution, Torque Converter Bolt Installation, Techstream ECU Flash Reprogramming Procedure)
5. Software update due to Lexus Enform App (Start/Stop issue, received email 4/21)

I wanted to ask if any of you have experienced other issues that I should have my dealership look at. I hate having to go in since the dealership is far from my work and home so I'd like to get everything taken care of at once. I haven't made my appointment yet, but I plan to make the appointment at Lexus Newport Beach soon. Thanks!

**Note: I know the TSBs are not necessarily things that need to get done, I just want them to look into it to see if anything is required based on
what do you mean by #5? Is there.a software update for enform in the car that I don't know about?
Old 04-23-15, 08:44 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by WolfSnap
what do you mean by #5? Is there.a software update for enform in the car that I don't know about?
I got an email earlier this week stating to take the car in for an update, even if you're not experiencing error messages for Enform Remote Start. My car has been at the dealer getting other stuff taken care of, so I'm having them look into the update. Doesn't seem like they know right now.
Old 04-23-15, 04:15 PM
djkidd
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by dchar
I got an email earlier this week stating to take the car in for an update, even if you're not experiencing error messages for Enform Remote Start. My car has been at the dealer getting other stuff taken care of, so I'm having them look into the update. Doesn't seem like they know right now.
I got that same email. I haven't had an issue with it, but might as well get it taken care of all together.
Old 04-23-15, 09:02 PM
ScanMan82
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been hearing this same noise every so often too and have been wanting to take it in to service as well. Let us know what they tell you.
Old 04-24-15, 09:46 AM
rog1206
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by djkidd

**Note: I know the TSBs are not necessarily things that need to get done, I just want them to look into it to see if anything is required based on the TSBs.

Also, I've checked the Lexus Recall site, Toyota TSB, recall.gov, etc.
How's your door leaking? Is it from the glass area?
Old 04-24-15, 09:54 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

If they can't replicate the problems or you don't have video of it, then be prepared for them to not address certain problems/complaints, unless there is a TSB.

Since you have a 2015, I don't think your car will fall into the range that require those TSBs. Here's a good link to check for recalls and service bulletins that apply to your car.

http://www.toyota.com/recall
Old 04-24-15, 11:03 AM
djkidd
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by rog1206
How's your door leaking? Is it from the glass area?
It's at the door sill rear passenger side:

This is the front passenger door sill:

I have photos of the other two doors and they look exactly like the front passenger. Somehow, water made it all the way to the door sill. I was washing the car at home when I noticed this.

Quick Reply: Warranty Claim Help Needed