GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

replaced strut, AFS off light blink, thanks MyLparts

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-16, 12:17 PM
Brabusx2
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default replaced strut, AFS off light blink, thanks MyLparts

bought set of 4 strut from MyLparts and got them 2 days later, they ship super quick, and parts are exactly what I need, will buy from again!

kinda regret not going coilover, they cost less than a set of 4 strut and a lot less work, but my 450h has the sport setting which i don't wanna loose.

anyway, took it to Sin City DIY in Las Vegas where you could rent the lift and work on your own car, or with a help of one of their mechanic, we got right to it, 4 hours later, new strut are on, car ride like a dream

BUT!

AFS light won't stop blinking, did quite lot of google/forum search, seems like lot of people experiences this issue after Tanabe NF spring and they could get this fix by playing with the AFS sensor on the driver side back wheel, in which I did, but no luck getting this going, did we break something? what's the correct position we should set it at? should I correct them on the front wheel as well?? my headlight is aiming where it suppose to but i don't like having error light flashing on my dash, any help would greatly appreciated
Old 02-11-16, 01:28 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts

How hard was it to install struts? Did you follow a DIY somewhere? I want to do mine myself but am concerned about the tight squeeze on the front of the car.

My AFS light blinks too. At this point, i'm just gonna pull the fuse to make the light go away.
Old 02-11-16, 02:51 PM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It took me no more than 10mins to fix the AFS.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...nf210-s-3.html
Old 02-11-16, 10:31 PM
Brabusx2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by msgs350
How hard was it to install struts? Did you follow a DIY somewhere? I want to do mine myself but am concerned about the tight squeeze on the front of the car.

My AFS light blinks too. At this point, i'm just gonna pull the fuse to make the light go away.

i watched this video before heading to the shop, some place told me rear seat gotta go, but found out its easily access from the trunk after removing some liner,

i gotta say its a 2 person job, sure 1 person is doable, but as a beginner first time doing it, its best doing it with 2 person, use a lift as well, i found a place in Vegas where you could rent lift + tools + certified mechanic (if needed they are around) for $30/hr.
Old 02-11-16, 10:32 PM
Brabusx2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mesca
It took me no more than 10mins to fix the AFS.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...nf210-s-3.html
yup, that's exactly the same thread i was looking at, i been messing with the rear one, i might check out the front again when i put the car on the lift. i can't fit under my car without jacking it up, and it seems like it gotta be flat level
Old 02-12-16, 05:20 AM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Brabusx2
2006 Lexus GS430 Coil over Install - YouTube

i watched this video before heading to the shop, some place told me rear seat gotta go, but found out its easily access from the trunk after removing some liner,

i gotta say its a 2 person job, sure 1 person is doable, but as a beginner first time doing it, its best doing it with 2 person, use a lift as well, i found a place in Vegas where you could rent lift + tools + certified mechanic (if needed they are around) for $30/hr.
I will check out that video. I've installed coil overs on my car and in an is250 and it wasn't too hard because the coilovers are shorter than the stock assembly. My concern is getting the fronts on due to the lack of room with the upper control arm and not removing the ball joint which intimidates me.
Old 09-14-16, 02:51 PM
Brabusx2
Lead Lap

ok, took it back to the shop and attempted to mess with the arm again while the car is on the "drive on lift" with go pro attached to my windshield pointing at my dashboard with wifi live image feed to my phone, no luck, mess with the rear and front AFS sensor doesn't do anything...

i think i really broke something here, what should i look for next? AFS arm or some other parts i need to replace?
Old 06-14-17, 12:41 PM
noblesenga
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brabusx2
bought set of 4 strut from MyLparts and got them 2 days later, they ship super quick, and parts are exactly what I need, will buy from again!

kinda regret not going coilover, they cost less than a set of 4 strut and a lot less work, but my 450h has the sport setting which i don't wanna loose.

anyway, took it to Sin City DIY in Las Vegas where you could rent the lift and work on your own car, or with a help of one of their mechanic, we got right to it, 4 hours later, new strut are on, car ride like a dream

BUT!

AFS light won't stop blinking, did quite lot of google/forum search, seems like lot of people experiences this issue after Tanabe NF spring and they could get this fix by playing with the AFS sensor on the driver side back wheel, in which I did, but no luck getting this going, did we break something? what's the correct position we should set it at? should I correct them on the front wheel as well?? my headlight is aiming where it suppose to but i don't like having error light flashing on my dash, any help would greatly appreciated
Hey, How was the ride quality after changing struts? Im going to replace struts on my IS250 but don't wanna replace coils. I'm just wondering how big of a difference strut replacement made.