GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Gs300 to 2jz-gte radiator question

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-15, 11:26 PM
vijayn
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Gs300 to 2jz-gte radiator question

Hi everyone

I have recently put in a 2jz-gte engine in my GS300 and now I am just putting everything back together.

I have question regarding the radiator -
I know that we are suppose to use the Aristo TT radiator instead of the GS300 but the bottom plug that goes to one of the fans doesn't fit onto the plug that comes from my GS300 body. There is three plugs, 2 plugs for the 2 fans and one for the coolant sensor. The coolant sensor can fit and one of the fan plugs in fine but the bottom one does not.
What have you guys done to overcome this problem?
I forgot to mention that I have the whole Aristo in my yard too (just in case there's something further I need to swap over). Also the plug on the Aristo TT radiator is a 4 wire one and the plug from the GS300 that is meant to plug into the 4 wire plug from the Aristo radiator is just a 2 wire plug.

Could I just use the GS300 radiator?

Last edited by vijayn; 10-14-15 at 11:40 PM.
Old 10-16-15, 06:09 AM
GZS160
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The factory Aristo fan motors are much larger than the standard GS fans, the ecu uses that large resistor box to control fan speed. Its different versus the on/off style of the GS. I remember when i did my swap I ended up removing the fan motors from the Aristo shroud and replacing them with the GS fan motors and swapping the blades. Even without the Aristo fan motors my car always ran cooler. I did this because it plugged in, im sure if you have the whole half cut you could swap more of the Aristo wiring. Good Luck
Old 10-16-15, 07:18 AM
nyc80rick
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

My swap is still using the GS300 radiator because the aristo one was damaged in shipping. Just had to use a different top hose because the shape was different. The person who help install my motor just went to the local autostore and found something that would work
Old 10-16-15, 12:41 PM
vijayn
Driver

Thanks guys for your input. Yes there's is definitely a difference in weight between the two radiators. But im wondering if its just because of the difference of fans as you said

Do you think that the actual radiator core is different from the GS300 (excluding the fans and wiring)?

I'm wanting to use the aristo setup but I thought that maybe someone has already done the full wiring part too so they can get the full control of the fans to work like the factory Aristo.

nyc80rick - Are you having any cooling issues with the GS300 radiator and fans on your 2jzgte? And how long have you had this installed?

I really appreciate your help guys.
Old 10-16-15, 10:56 PM
vijayn
Driver

JUst an update -

I have finally completed the 2jzgte swap and it runs just fine!!

One problem that I ran into and that may not be documented is that, once everything was ready to fire up, it didn't want to! So I was just checking everything and all was good but then I used torque pro scantool to see if there were any codes and "B2795 unregistered key code" came up. So i tried to just swap out the transmitter ring and module from the Aristo but that didn't work.
Finally I saw the "key programming" thread here on Club Lexus and went through it. With the help of that, I then managed to copy the code from the Aristo key to the GS300 key and then the security led went away and it started up straight away!

I have the VSC and VSC off lights up and the washer and the orange oil level low warning light so hopefully I can find a way to sort those out tomorrow.

I still haven't driven it properly though, I just want to make sure the GS300 radiator is able to cope with the 2jzgte engine.
Old 10-17-15, 05:35 AM
nyc80rick
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Have you tapped into your tach wire yet? I believe that's why your lights are on as soon as I tapped those my light went out .

About the radiator like I said I've been running the gs300 radiator since my swap was completed in March with no problems.
Old 10-17-15, 12:57 PM
vijayn
Driver

Oh sweet, that makes me feel a lot better using the gs300 radiator instead.

No I haven't wired up the RPM wire yet, Il do that today. I wouldn't of thought that the tach signal would have anything to do with the oil level light and washer fluid. But I will definitely let you guys know if it does for our confirmation.

Thanks mate.

Im hoping to change over the abs/trac/vsc ecu from the aristo one to take away the VSC lights, would that be correct?
Old 10-18-15, 12:10 AM
vijayn
Driver

Hey guys, just to confirm -
Once you have the tach signal wired up, the orange oil light and the windscreen washer light goes away as nyc80rick said. GS300 radiator with stock fans seems to be running fine but I will just keep the aristo one handy just in case.

I'm going to try and reset/calibrate the vsc system tomorrow and see if that fixes the vsc lights. If that doesn't work, I will swap the gs300 abs/trac/vsc ecu with the aristo equivalent and do the reset/calibrate again.