ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

PCD/Radar available on "floor stock" - conflicting dealer comments

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-14, 08:33 AM
bunka
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCD/Radar available on "floor stock" - conflicting dealer comments

Preventative Collision Detection/Radar is one of the features we would like in the ES300h we are shopping for. One dealer states that PCD is ONLY available as a "special" or custom order yet I have found one IN STOCK at another dealer. The one that is "in stock" is not in the exterior color my wife wants but it IS her 2nd choice in an exterior color so we are keeping it on the list.

What is the REAL truth here? Is PCD/radar "ONLY" available as a custom order and the one we found "in stock" is simply a fluke or is there a possibliity we might, eventually find one in the exterior color she wants on some dealer's lot.

We are not opposed to placing an order and waiting for it. We have PLENTY of vehicles so there is ZERO urgancy in finding one quickly. However, we aren't certain how "flexible" our current dealer will be on pricing when he orders one. On a prior GX we had to travel about 200 miles to place an order using a reasonable discount.
Old 12-07-14, 09:04 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 174 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by bunka
Preventative Collision Detection/Radar is one of the features we would like in the ES300h we are shopping for. One dealer states that PCD is ONLY available as a "special" or custom order yet I have found one IN STOCK at another dealer. The one that is "in stock" is not in the exterior color my wife wants but it IS her 2nd choice in an exterior color so we are keeping it on the list.

What is the REAL truth here? Is PCD/radar "ONLY" available as a custom order and the one we found "in stock" is simply a fluke or is there a possibliity we might, eventually find one in the exterior color she wants on some dealer's lot.

We are not opposed to placing an order and waiting for it. We have PLENTY of vehicles so there is ZERO urgancy in finding one quickly. However, we aren't certain how "flexible" our current dealer will be on pricing when he orders one. On a prior GX we had to travel about 200 miles to place an order using a reasonable discount.
The collision system is not being imported by many distribution areas, it does show up occasionally on some build my Lexus dealer's sites but not often. I ordered mine and waited 4 months to get it. The dealer can do a search to see if they can trade one from another dealer but sometimes distance is a factor due to transportation cost.
Old 12-07-14, 10:07 AM
bunka
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jollick
The collision system is not being imported by many distribution areas, it does show up occasionally on some build my Lexus dealer's sites but not often. I ordered mine and waited 4 months to get it. The dealer can do a search to see if they can trade one from another dealer but sometimes distance is a factor due to transportation cost.
Thanks for the feedback. In my experience, there is no need for a dealer to trade as that typically includes additional costs, complexity and (may) provide the local dealership additional bargaining leverage. I prefer to contact the remote dealership myself, negotiate a price and then either fly in and drive it back or have it shipped to me (if it's 1,400 miles away). I've done both in the past and since we are talking about a brand new vehicle, there really isn't any risk in either of those approaches (at least in my mind).

Last edited by bunka; 12-07-14 at 11:00 AM.