ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Thinking of connecting 2 batteries... Help PLease

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-06, 09:33 AM
ChrisTapia
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of connecting 2 batteries... Help PLease

i wanna connect 2 batteries on my cra.. i curently upgarded my alternator.... and wires.... got a capacitor and a new tsunami batterie... .. my sounds are good for like a week then they go low aagian cus of the batterie... i wanna buy a optima betterie and have to batteries for my cra.. what do u guys think??? i have a 92 ES300
Old 10-27-06, 11:06 PM
sricenbaw
Driver

So You wanna keep the batterie you have and add an optima? Good Idea for killer systems, I had one Orange top (imported from Japan) Optima Battery in my car, then I said something bout it a few weeks ago on a post bout how I spent like 600 but it lasted like 6 years never had a problem then it died on me, I currently have two yellow tops in my car, as the one just didnt do it for my system, but now my systems gone so dont really need it.. lol.. just make sure its secure in the trunk, buy a yellow or blue top, dont want a red top for a 2nd batterie, then you can buy something, cant think of what its called, but its above the batteries in Autozone, its like $25, and it allows the front batterie to charge the 2nd batterie, but it wont draw current from the 2nd batterie, just charges it.. similar to what RV's use.. Plus you can always jump start your own car.. lol.. well basically, its a good idea if you REALLY need it, and as long as its secure, just make sure any batterie you put in your trunk is DRY CELL! theres several brands that'll work, theres ones specifically for car audio, like stinger has there own batterie, but any dry cell will work and is normally cheaper.. What farad capacitor are you running? shouldn't "go low again" cuz of the batterie.. just a though.. you'd have to make real short trips.. like a mile for your alt to not charge the batterie, or have your car in accessorie alot..
-Scott
-Scott
-Scott
Old 10-28-06, 05:02 AM
copy252
Driver

im no english major... but GOD DAMN! my brain hurts now
Old 10-28-06, 05:04 PM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

You upgraded the alt to what? What wiring are you running on the big 3
Caps don't do anything. A 1 farad cap has about the same energy a high end AAA, or low end AA battery does & that is argueable.

Dude if your battery is draining once a week then youre not charging it, and/or there is a current draw on it. You've got a problem. My bet is your alt is bad, or your audio/video equipment is setup incorrectly.
Old 10-31-06, 12:09 PM
ChrisTapia
Driver School Candidate

what is that called??? what ur talking about for $25 at autozone...?? i just got a 120amp alt... like 1 month ago... is not the alternator.. im tired of buying batteries.. i already bougth 3 in a year.... so im just gonna gonna add a yellow optima on my trunk... but how to i go about adding it.... is it a good idea?? will it last?? would i have any problems?? is a yellow top optima good idea to put in the trunk??
Old 11-02-06, 09:33 PM
Parke10
Driver School Candidate

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Pheonix
You upgraded the alt to what? What wiring are you running on the big 3
Caps don't do anything. A 1 farad cap has about the same energy a high end AAA, or low end AA battery does & that is argueable.

Dude if your battery is draining once a week then youre not charging it, and/or there is a current draw on it. You've got a problem. My bet is your alt is bad, or your audio/video equipment is setup incorrectly.

did you even read the 2nd half of wut phenoix said...doesnt matter if its brand new it could still be bad so you might wanna have it checked,and also like he said you either have something wired wrong or a constant draw.. like a short