CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Have a CT for a week... some questions and comments...

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-12, 11:53 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 170 Likes on 101 Posts
Default Have a CT for a week... some questions and comments...

I haven't been to this forum since the CT first came out, but I now find myself with a new CT loaner for a week and it doesn't have an owner's manual in it.

My main question is how do you lock the car from the outside w/o having to use the keyfob? My IS has a button on the door handle. Did I miss it somewhere on the CT's outside handle?

Also, does it take premium or regular?

Curious, do all CT's make a "psh" sound when you first tap the brake pedal? It kind of sounds like a truck's air brakes or a small blast of air going somewhere. I don't recall an HS loaner doing this. And I assume all CT brakes make the regenerative whining sound as you come to a stop? Just making sure the unit I have is running normal. It only has 840 miles on the ODO.

More... I'm really impressed with the car's dynamics. Steering feel is so tight and responsive, more so than in my IS250 (which I thought was quite good). Steering wheel also feels substantial in hand. The ride is a bit choppy though. Not sure if that's something I'd get used to or grow tired of. My IS with sport springs rides smoother.

Seats are VERY comfortable and hug the body much better than with my IS. Also dig the subtle wave pattern in them. Very classy and Audiesque. Too bad a power passenger seat is not standard. I assume it's available with some package?

Also dig the dash layout. Wasn't wowed by it in pictures, but it's modern and everything is placed in a good spot. I look forward to seeing it lit up at night. Gripe: window switches are a far reach. With where I place the seat, I have to lean my body forward just to reach the these switches. Also wish for a center armrest that slides forward (or does it?). My right arm has little to rest on.

Anyway, it should be a nice week with this. I look forward to the combination of high mpg's and sporty feel. The computer already states the car is averaging 43 mpg's, which is quite impressive.

Thanks for the responses.
Old 02-10-12, 05:17 AM
Bob259
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Enjoy.... It takes regular gas.
Old 02-10-12, 05:31 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Has button on door handle just look for it. On the very front of the handle.

Brakes , mine don't make any air brake sounds. As for the handling the F-sport is better and the special edition is excellent in the handling dept. Mine is a taut little buggy when in sport mode .....the stock model also handles very nicely.

With gas headed to possibly 5.00 a gallon by summer 43mpg is a nice number.

Lastly , this car needs time to break in like any other car. The brakes get smoother and more linear the engine and drive-line seems to have become smoother too. The springs settle out and it even handles a tad better once broken in.....tires also need some wear on them to perform properly.

One thing it is good at is driving in the snow......w/factory tires. Very predictable and with such a smooth power band little tire spin. Impressive. Obviously it lacks some creature features other high end Lexus's get because of keeping the price down and hybrid systems cost more.
I'm still very very happy -
Old 02-10-12, 09:42 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the "psh" sound is normal and you get used to it, just like the sound of regenerative braking. i have 11k miles on it and know exactly what you are referring to. (i suspect it's because i drive a gas powered car 50% of the time so when i get back into the CT i do notice the "hybrid noises" too - but i kind of like it because it seems like a sci fi movie or something )

the lock mechanism is this tiny indented line on the left part of the driver handle (or right side of front passenger handle). just touch it and it locks. the rubber button has been replaced by this instead.

the passenger seat is not power even in the high packages. mine is pretty loaded w/ nav and LED headlights. 38k MSRP and no power passenger seat. a little weird i guess. but i think they will make that an "upgrade" in another model year or two as part of an overall refresh.

enjoy the loaner! 40mpgs is addicting. when you fill up for $30 (i use regular octane), it makes you smile
Old 02-11-12, 03:03 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 170 Likes on 101 Posts

Thanks for the replies! I found the door lock sensor tonight and thought what a great idea. Still averaging 41-46 mpg with mostly highways miles. The ride is definitely on the stiff side, you feel every bump and rut. But I agree the car is new and needs some breaking in to settle down. Also good to note there are no rattles at all.
The nav is handy but without the manual, I'm struggling to find some stuff. Like for example it keeps including all the exit road information (like gas, food, etc) which uses up half the screen. I rather just have the full map, which I know can be had. Also wish to have the radio station displayed somewhere while still having the map up. Is that even possible?
Old 05-13-12, 10:06 PM
FNFZ4
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lucky you... you got a CT for a loaner