Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

What to use that will not leave interior shiny

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-14, 02:50 AM
dicer
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 89 Posts
Default What to use that will not leave interior shiny

I have never used armor all products, I have never liked how it leaves everything shiny so you get glare from the sun. What products make it look factory original. I still haven't tried the Lexus brand leather products yet.
Old 10-24-14, 04:32 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by dicer
I have never used armor all products, I have never liked how it leaves everything shiny so you get glare from the sun. What products make it look factory original. I still haven't tried the Lexus brand leather products yet.
Leather Masters Cleaner and Protection Cream. These are the products most others are measured by.

These are perfect for use on real leather, protected leather, pseudo leather or vinyl. Excellent on the dash as they won't impart any glare or gloss. They just leave the "Factory new" look.

The cleaner comes in both a "Soft" and a "Strong" version. I buy the "Strong" version and for most interiors, dilute it 50/50 with mildly hot water.

The Protection Cream is one of a very few products that will actually help you avoid permanent dye transfer from jeans, leather belts, etc. Despite it being called a cream, it is more of a heavy liquid that liquifies on the sponge and so it doesn't clog perforations. Also, it doesn't leave an oily or greasy deposit on the leather like most conditioners.
Old 10-24-14, 08:16 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

I'd recommend Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer or Einszett Cockpit Premium. Both look natural and smell nice, too
Old 10-24-14, 04:39 PM
HiepNotik
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love Einszett Cockpit Premium, cleans and protect leaving a matte finish. I especially love it on my steering wheel.
Old 10-26-14, 01:50 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

For plastics, rubber, and other trim. Aerospace 303 protectant is a very good product to use, provides UV protection and is not greasy or shiny. The less you use the more matte finish it will leave. For leather for mild cleaning a woolite and water solution is really all you need, it is what Lexus recommends in the manual. For more serious cleaning Leatherique or Wolfgang citrus cleaners are good, Leatherique leaves the surface matte and stock looking. I have not tried them yet but Leathermasters is a highly recommended product too for cleaning and a surface protection.

You can't "condition" the sealed leather seats used in most cars, they are sprayed with a protective film at the factory that stops any product/conditioner from penetrating into the leather.
Old 10-26-14, 07:24 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i agree with the recommendations on leather masters for deeper cleaning. meg's quik interior for regular maintenance. both leave a great natural looking finish
Old 10-27-14, 04:03 PM
MDames2
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also use Leather Masters on my interior leather. It works very well. I do not recommend putting anything on the dash. The dash does not need additional products on it to protect it. The best thing you can do is invest in a high quality windshield heat reflector. The kind that are made for your car. This will provide protection from the sun while parked. Other than that an occasional wipe down with a damp cloth, you dash needs nothing else.
Old 10-29-14, 04:49 PM
5nX37
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

^I did the same on my Audi A4; dampen microfiber then wipe away. Will most likely do the same on my IS350.