Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

My BBS + WheelWizard replacement wheel story with a very happy ending

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-08, 11:16 AM
LexFather

Thumbs up My BBS + WheelWizard replacement wheel story with a very happy ending

So as many of you know I was a guy that went from OEM, to knock-offs to solid quality JDM wheels to well, BBS wheels. I won't go into the history of why I chose BBS again, but IMO, they are top notch in strength and quality, especially for those that drive hard in bad roads around town and go to the track occasionally.

To make a long story short one night I was not fully paying attention after leaving Hooters and I hit one of those huge solid ball cat eye things that indicates lane seperation. Imagine hitting a bowling ball at 60mph. I veered last minute and BLAM.

The damage was not too bad. My inner wheel actually remained solid and didn't bend. What did happen was the 2 piece chrome lip bent pretty badly and it made a very ugly damn near square outter look to the wheel. The funny thing is the wheel is so damn strong, the actual wheel again was fine for the most part and no air was lost and I could drive around.

However I wanted it repaired. I've heard good stories about WheelWizard in Atlanta and luckily the BBS facility is just north of Atlanta so I figure I'd be okay. I put down a deposit of $100 and I was told it would be $140 to fix. Coolbeans.

I get a call later in the week saying that BBS won't let them repair it. It has to go to them, they basically take care of it with their parts. BBS seems to be dead serious about their wheels when there is damage. Cost does go up, to over $300 minus the deposit. Fine, thats cool.

George Hill was the guy taking care of the wheel from Wheel Wizard and he kept me in the loop and was very polite and explained things to me. He called last week to say the wheel was done.

So I go today to pick it up and he takes me to look at the wheel before I pay. As soon as I saw it, I thought "wow, that looks new".

George says "well my BBS guy was having problems with finding the parts and it would have taken a very long time, so he gave you a BRAND NEW wheel".

Now if you are like me, you are reading about the economy and how ethics are lacking and how the American taxpayer continues to get it in the butt. When I tell you I was shocked. He even made a comment like "you know this day and age, that is just an alright thing to do".

I still cannot smiling. I took a bunch of their cards to pass out at meets and I cannot say enough about WheelWizard (google) or BBS.

The GS goes in on Friday to get a few things slapped on, like a NEW wheel and Goodyear DSG3 F1 tires!!!
Old 11-12-08, 11:22 AM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

That's pretty cool. Much kudos to BBS!

I'm fast becoming a BBS fan myself due to all those BBS LM eye candy photoshops i've been watching.
Old 11-12-08, 12:15 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BBS is an awesome wheel manufacturer, the motto 'you get what you pay for' really rings true when it comes to them. I love their wheels, it's too bad certain companies made replicas down to the 'T' and you can even buy the BBS center caps and they fit the replica.
Old 11-12-08, 03:51 PM
slawek65
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I love my BBS to.
Attached Thumbnails My BBS + WheelWizard replacement wheel story with a very happy ending-10-27-08-032.jpg  
Old 11-12-08, 07:12 PM
GS430V8
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bbs rims are very nice!
Old 11-13-08, 06:18 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Wow, that's refreshing that a company would actually take care of their customers like that! Not too many companies left that actually care about their customers.
Old 11-15-08, 10:12 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Great customer service!!

I too am a huge BBS fan! Like em all but lean towards the RS-GTs myself
Old 11-16-08, 03:18 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike, a man who knows quality!