VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

LS430 bagged + spacers

Old 02-23-16, 07:48 PM
KING
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default LS430 bagged + spacers

Hey fellas,

I had a quick question for those of us who are running airbags on an LS430.

I have all 4 fenders shaved but not pulled. And I'm riding on Airrunners with my stock 18" wheels 245/45/18 all around.
Now I am going to keep the stock wheels for a bit, but I need some spacers in the meanwhile.
After research it seems people usually go 15mm fronts, and 25mm in the rear.

My question is, if I do put those spacers on, will it affect how low the car can go? Will the tires maybe damage the fenders from the inside since they're so much far out to the sides after the spacers?

I just need the wheels to come out just a teeny bit, hopefully this doesn't turn into a nightmare.

Anyone know if it would actually make a difference?

Thanks for the help.

* I just realized something.. If my tires are already 245, so adding a 25mm spacer will make the wheel total 270mm under the fender! Does that make sense?
If so, then hypothetically will a 270 size tire be ok dumped when the bags go all the way down, would it hurt the fender?

Last edited by KING; 02-24-16 at 02:59 PM.
Old 02-23-16, 08:36 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would recommend buying a single set of 15mm v2's or borrowing some and putting them on the rear and see if they fit and are drivable at the height you want to ride at. then if all goes well add a 5mm spacer on top of that 15mm and see if that goes well. if so then you know you can run at least a 20mm at the height you want to ride at.

I used to own that car and have since had 2 very similar other platforms. its all about guess and check in my opinion, just measure and do it and if you find you still have space then add more. the height in this case is very speculative since we don't know where your car sits without seeing it.

you could always lower it to where you want to drive then just measure how much space you have till it hits something.
Old 02-24-16, 08:35 PM
KING
Lexus Test Driver

What's up Sojah?

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately I can't get my hands on a pair to try out. Which really sucks. Because your idea would've made things perfect.

Anyways, I took measurements on driving height, and I had 25mm of empty space in the fronts.

And 40mm of empty space in the rear.
I think this is the LS430's standard measurements.

But my worry is that this gap becomes smaller when I slam the car. So I don't want the spacers to interfere how low I can drop my car, that is if they do make a difference if the car's height changes.

What you think Sojah, go 15 front, 25 rear?
Old 02-25-16, 12:07 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

i think that is a safe bet. when i had the air sus controller on slam with the LS430 and my current crown majesta as long as the lip of my wheel clears the fender my stretched tires don't hit anything inside the fenders but when my current car (probably identical to the LS430 honestly) is slammed it is about an inch off the ground and the tires are pretty much touching the inside fender liners all over. however i about 1mm or maybe even .05mm of space from my fender in the rear, i mean it just barely clears the fenders when lowering down that far. my front probably has about 10mm of extra clearance but i just don't want to mess with it anymore and presently i can drive pretty low and actually turn so i am happy.

ride height here:

New ride height so glad i can finally ride low again \(^_^)

slammered:

Old 02-25-16, 08:50 AM
KING
Lexus Test Driver

Sojah that is a sexy ride. Looks really good

I'll see how it goes and report back.

Do you recommend any specific brand? Or as long as it's a hub centric 5x114.3 spacer that it should work?

Because I can't really find a good quality looking product that says LS430 on it. So maybe it's just the bolt pattern that makes the difference?

Thanks again man.
Old 02-25-16, 05:20 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

thank you for the compliments. as far as spacers I've only ever run project kicks, some knock off ones, and some ichiba v2's. I like the ichiba v2's and have actually purchased 2 or 3 sets over the years since I was familiar with them in the past. normally they all do the same thing so just a name brand that has a decent price is what I would look for.

you just need to look for the 114.3 in whatever size you need.

here are the 15mm v2 ones I had:

https://www.ichibausa.com/ProductDet...=WS%2D5511460A

I just read a bad story of a CL member who had a bad experience with these when 3 of the built in studs snapped off. I rode on my set for over a year on my 05 LS430UL with 19's and never had issues and routinely took the car up to over 100MPH.
Old 02-26-16, 10:04 AM
KING
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the advice, man. I appreciate it.

The Ichiba ones suffer from very bad reviews. Lots and lots of people on this forum had issues with them. Maybe they were just installed incorrectly by novice users.
It also makes a difference in the way you drive your car, and I'm sure you're the type of person who'd baby their car(because it's gorgeous and you wanna keep it that way). But a lot of people drive their cars just like they stole 'em. So it might be that, I am not sure.

But I went ahead and contacted Motorsport Tech. They make custom sizes with %100 fitment guarantee.

I decided to order 12mm for the front, 25mm for the rear.
We'll see how they look when I get them. But I have heard they are very top quality. Price was $225 for all 4.

I just need to buy longer studs for the front hub, since the OEM studs will be too short.
Old 02-26-16, 05:25 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

the longer studs is a pain in the *** to install in my experience so you might want to take it to a shop to have them do it. that is why i always went with the v2's with the built in studs for anything over 5mm.

good luck and please post some pics on here when you get em mounted so it might help out someone in the future who has the same questions. plus i just wanna see what it looks like