VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

just about complete toyo crown, vip-esque

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-13, 02:03 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default just about complete toyo crown, vip-esque

i know some don't check out VIP Style Cars that much so here is a link to my thread there. the car is pretty much done, might drop it about 1/2" - 3/4" more but at this point its getting to be more and more mods required to do little things

it turned out freakin awesome to me, check out the new pics...

http://www.vipstylecars.com/forums/showthread.php?30261-Crown-GRS182-chotto-dake-vip/page9&p=460790
Old 03-05-13, 06:31 PM
c-low
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sojah
i know some don't check out VIP Style Cars that much so here is a link to my thread there. the car is pretty much done, might drop it about 1/2" - 3/4" more but at this point its getting to be more and more mods required to do little things

it turned out freakin awesome to me, check out the new pics...

http://www.vipstylecars.com/forums/showthread.php?30261-Crown-GRS182-chotto-dake-vip/page9&p=460790
that thing is beautiful! what rims are those?
Old 03-05-13, 08:01 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

thank you,

wheels are vip modular vr01's, custom color matched to the color of the car, w/ red center caps.

9.5" F
11" R
conservative offsets,, to the VIP community
Old 03-05-13, 09:14 PM
c-low
Lexus Test Driver

nice i like the red centers
Old 03-05-13, 09:37 PM
Cartune
Lexus Test Driver

Very nice. Love the white. keep us updated, your car belong here.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/vip...vip-style.html
Old 03-06-13, 02:01 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

^ ^ ^ thanks, yeah i love that thread (vip-style)
Old 03-07-13, 02:03 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

here are the pics that i was too lazy to put up before, so yeah same as whats in that link above. i wonder how good they would look if i got a real camera sometime?
Old 03-07-13, 02:23 PM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Car looks great, sir! I've been following the thread on VSC.
Old 03-08-13, 04:48 AM
hatteroo
Driver

Another Y-plate person! I used to live in Okinawa a couple years back (glad I'm not living there now though!) I've been checking out your vipstyles thread for a while now and it's comming along cho sugoi! I've been itching for a Mark X in black to slamm and vip out
Old 03-09-13, 03:29 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

i might be getting my first J plate or kanji plate with my next car,, only allowed 1 car per license in Y plate form, only downside is extra fees and extra taxes.

thanks, yeah there is a silver mark x here that is crazy vip and looks very nice.
Old 03-09-13, 04:59 PM
hatteroo
Driver

i might be getting my first J plate or kanji plate with my next car,, only allowed 1 car per license in Y plate form, only downside is extra fees and extra taxes.

thanks, yeah there is a silver mark x here that is crazy vip and looks very nice.
bleh...I passed on the J-plate option purely due to the price of JCI/Road Tax per year is insanely higher than what we pay lol.
Old 03-10-13, 02:53 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

yeah but what i'm saying is that you can only have one Y plate. if you went to buy another car they wouldn't let you register it as a Y plate, thus the only option is to make it a J plate and have a japanese person sign the documents (my wife ) so technically if you don't have a japanese person to sign for you, then you are only authorized 1 vehicle, kinda uncool in my opinion...
Old 03-10-13, 03:16 PM
hatteroo
Driver

yeah but what i'm saying is that you can only have one Y plate. if you went to buy another car they wouldn't let you register it as a Y plate, thus the only option is to make it a J plate and have a japanese person sign the documents (my wife ) so technically if you don't have a japanese person to sign for you, then you are only authorized 1 vehicle, kinda uncool in my opinion...
Wakarima****a....ya I've known of that rule since I've been in Japan. Makes sense since the place is so damn small anyways (oki.) Not so much on the logic side up here in honshu
I dunno if USAFE has that rule...haven't read about it yet, but could be a whole different story when I get there. Keep up the clean *** work...guess I should post some pics of my car. I just got done doing chrome door handles last night!
Old 03-10-13, 04:38 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

yeah it could just be an okinawan thing with the one car (Y plate) per person (SOFA status) rule. depending on your town/city you live in here, japanese have to get a letter of proof of parking spot in order to even be aloweed to purchase a vehicle at all. this was my first experience with this and i lauged at first but i guess it makes sense if you think about it. i was told that mainland is this way as well and was even more strict since parking spaces are at a premium.

what kind of car do you have?
Old 03-11-13, 01:56 AM
hatteroo
Driver

yeah it could just be an okinawan thing with the one car (Y plate) per person (SOFA status) rule. depending on your town/city you live in here, japanese have to get a letter of proof of parking spot in order to even be aloweed to purchase a vehicle at all. this was my first experience with this and i lauged at first but i guess it makes sense if you think about it. i was told that mainland is this way as well and was even more strict since parking spaces are at a premium.

what kind of car do you have?
Yeah it's been that way for a while even up here in mainland as well (no more than 1 car & 1 bike if single.) Why can't you have two if you're married? Unless they changed it recently...that's how it was at Kadena (god I don't miss that place!!!)

I have a 98 Aristo JZS160 currently. Had the following: 95 WRX, 95 WRX STi Type RA, 95 Celsior, POS 98 Starlet beater car, 01 STi, now the Aristo

Quick Reply: just about complete toyo crown, vip-esque