VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

New to vip

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-11, 01:16 PM
airmax
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

please dont buy JP products just for the sake of VIP...thats turrible.
Old 01-05-11, 09:47 PM
lexusis305
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AAHawaii07
Get some aggressive tires, cambered, remove the carbon fiber mods, get some Junction Produce Products and I would say VIP'ed!!!..
My tires are 215/30/20 on a 9.5" & 245/30/20 10.5" also -3 camber all around how much more aggressive can you get lol
Old 01-05-11, 10:13 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 4DGS
...Anyone trying to do the 100% VIP look on an IS isn't going to achieve because it really isn't a VIP platform...
says who? and please dont say the VIP gods over at VSC~
Old 01-06-11, 12:26 AM
AAHawaii07
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexusis305
My tires are 215/30/20 on a 9.5" & 245/30/20 10.5" also -3 camber all around how much more aggressive can you get lol
Lookin good so far bro.lol..
Old 01-06-11, 04:25 AM
Schnitz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
Come on now. Regardless of VSC, the IS is not a VIP platform car. How many IS' have you seen in VIPCAR or VIPStyle?
I think its becoming more widely accepted that pretty much any big body luxury sedan can qualify as VIP. The IS can be styled like VIP and I think the OP is on his way there. The hood must be painted or returned to stock though.
Eye ess is the best example I've seen of a vip styled IS.
Old 01-06-11, 10:27 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Seen a Windom in VIPCAR... and according to VSC is that a VIP platform car?
Old 01-06-11, 03:03 PM
Schnitz
Lexus Test Driver

You mean the JDM equivalent of an ES? Still fits the 'big body luxury' car.
I don't understand what VSC has to do with any of this.
Old 01-06-11, 04:00 PM
airmax
Pole Position

haters gonna hate?
Old 01-06-11, 04:25 PM
ThaWatcha
Driver

car looks good, but i just cant understand why some people chase the scene, or a certain look. make it how YOU want it, who cares if it isnt "vip enough"? not hating, just a comment, keep up the good work
Old 01-10-11, 12:56 AM
4DGS
Driver

I wouldn't start this argument if I were you.

Not here, not this forum lol
Old 01-10-11, 12:30 PM
BLKonBLK98
Lexus Test Driver

every "rule" that the general u.s. consensus feels valid have been indirectly disproved by the japanese. who made the rules? no one. they were an interpretation of what people over here perceived people over there were doing at a certain point in time. it's not that serious until people with a need to be a part of something go overboard. this goes both ways. a platform car is not automatically vip, and vip does not automatically have to be a platform car. tacking "style" onto the end of the phrase does nothing; vip in itself is a style of modification, not a style of car. look at facts, not opinions stated as such.

and vsc has nothing to do with the debate.
Old 01-10-11, 01:00 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Seen a Windom in VIPCAR... and according to VSC is that a VIP platform car?
It could be considering it is longer [but less wider than the GS]. Except the people that try and do it on an ES300 are always faced with MANY problems... and more importantly no support in the aftermarket I mean, JP neckpads & shades are about as far as you can go in terms of universal.

I have an ES300, and thank god i didn't go down the same path as the two people [i respect very much to this day for their accomplishments], Smitty and Charley240sx, as they are the ES300 'vip gods', and at the end of the day, for what? Much headache and frustration with a very limiting and low slung undercarriage [like another member KaldES98 was faced with] on coils, pricey and hard to find bodykits, and very limiting wheel wells. The ES can't sit as low as say, a GS on static or air ride with 19" wheels. Bodykits/jdm stuff is a dime a dozen - something the ES doesn't see on these shores, in Japan yes.

Mind you the above people are going to be looked up to for years to come since their ES300's we're the nicest bar-none in North America.

if money is not object than great! if it is then get a GSx00, LS4x0... not an ES300, its not worth it in terms of money & hassle.

Regardless, i can go on, but i won't since i'm just ranting at this point.
Old 01-10-11, 01:28 PM
4DGS
Driver

Originally Posted by BLKonBLK98
tacking "style" onto the end of the phrase does nothing; vip in itself is a style of modification, not a style of car. look at facts, not opinions stated as such.
That's where you are misinformed.

VIP is a style of car. That's the point of VIP cars and VIP inspired cars. One is legit, the other is inspired. Like when you go to the Bay and you see something like "Inspired by Beckham" cologne, that isn't Beckham cologne, it's a fake rip off.

Your opinion vs ours, it will always be different but we view vip cars the way they're supposed to be done.
Old 01-10-11, 05:18 PM
BLKonBLK98
Lexus Test Driver

i gaurentee you i am not misinformed. there may be alternate opinions, but they can easily be weeded out with indesputable evidence. no car rolls off the line called "vip", period. a lexus is not a vip car based simply on the make/model. it is vip because of the styling applied to it.

vipcar and vip style magazine have featured fwd/awd/rwd/coupe/midsize/fullsize/japanese/european/domestic cars. there is no purist argument you can not disprove. an exception means there is no rule. if you watch japanese show coverage, non-platform cars are few and far between but they are there. it's all about execution of the style.

look at what is really going on, not what you read on wikipedia. the truth is not in words. "vip insired" is a phrase made by americans in an effort to stay true to japanese roots. sometimes it's just easier to say no that to explain multiple scenarios in which most options are wrong.
Old 01-11-11, 04:13 AM
Schnitz
Lexus Test Driver

There are usually "guidelines" to any style. Can a Jetta be considered VIP? I personally don't care if Taketomi himself did one up, I would never consider it VIP in any way shape or form.

Quick Reply: New to vip