VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Quick fender mod opinions needed..

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-10, 10:47 PM
Seee
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your wheel specs do not warrant that much fender work. Those could have fit with a little bit of pulling, massaging and camber.
Old 08-19-10, 07:56 AM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So I went over to the shop yesterday to see the fenders for myself and talk to the guy at the body shop. Though we dont really have any VIP style cars out here he seems to have an understanding of what I want as far as the look I want. I showed him in a few VIP magazines and even let him hold onto one so that he can compare. He has done a lot of widebody type work in the past which is why I guess he is more comfortable with the flare than trying to pull it to fit. I think it will come out good. He said I would be able to drive it basically slammed. So lets see how it turns out.

Some pics from yesterday. This is with the car slammed (zero air) he says that I could drive it at this height with no rubbing issues.
Attached Thumbnails Quick fender mod opinions needed..-dscn2976_small.jpg   Quick fender mod opinions needed..-dscn2979_small.jpg   Quick fender mod opinions needed..-dscn2980_small.jpg   Quick fender mod opinions needed..-dscn2981_small.jpg  
Old 08-19-10, 08:07 AM
Cuban GS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://vipstylecars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10330
http://vipstylecars.com/forums/showt...adiused+fender

unless you want to go widebody.. i say GET THEM RADIUSED!!!!
Old 08-19-10, 10:17 AM
BLKonBLK98
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CadiLuva
i say GET THEM RADIUSED!!!!
car isn't low enough and wheels aren't flush enough at max drop to warrant a radius.
Old 09-02-10, 05:01 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Got an update from the shop. How do you guys think it is looking so far? These are at a few different heights and of course the side skirts and rear are missing so you can see more tire than you will when it is done. It is still rough but you can get an idea where the body guy is going. Opinions/Suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails Quick fender mod opinions needed..-p9020001_small.jpg   Quick fender mod opinions needed..-p9020002_small.jpg   Quick fender mod opinions needed..-p9020003_small.jpg   Quick fender mod opinions needed..-p9020006_small.jpg   Quick fender mod opinions needed..-p9020010_small.jpg  

Old 09-15-10, 01:37 PM
Rich27
Lexus Test Driver

I think it is looking a lot better now and flow much better. From the original pictures, it looks metal was flaring out of the car out of proportion.

I like what I see and can't wait to see the final product.
Old 09-15-10, 01:46 PM
Naripsta
Driver School Candidate

Looks pretty darned good.
Old 09-15-10, 08:29 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Update... I took these today.
Attached Thumbnails Quick fender mod opinions needed..-dscn3390_small.jpg   Quick fender mod opinions needed..-dscn3396_small.jpg   Quick fender mod opinions needed..-dscn3419_small.jpg   Quick fender mod opinions needed..-dscn3433_small.jpg   Quick fender mod opinions needed..-dscn3445_small.jpg  

Old 09-15-10, 08:50 PM
BigLexx
Rookie

Yo, Automan looks nice.Keep us updated till painted an polished. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Old 09-15-10, 11:43 PM
fergo308
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice job,it's really coming together well mate. The first few pics looked a bit sketchy,but as the work has progressed,it's become smother and smoother. Tell your body guy that his work is appreciated. I need to find someone near me who can do similar work to the back of my AE86.

Justin...
Old 09-19-10, 01:20 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks pretty sharp, Mark. Diggin the new wheels!

The 2GS has what I would consider 'box' type fenders. If I were to do a flare it would be an enhancement of the original Lexus design detail. I nearly did this on my GS before it was painted a couple years ago. The most complicated part of this wold have been blending it at the rear door - the flare would have had to extend half way down the rear doors to finish the look.

By 'box' style flare, think of the Porsche 944 or BMW E30 M3:

On the 2GS, adding a bigger lip at the edge has a "flare on top of a flare" look - but I'm not saying I don't like it!

Do your thing, man!
Old 09-19-10, 06:56 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4
Looks pretty sharp, Mark. Diggin the new wheels!

The 2GS has what I would consider 'box' type fenders. If I were to do a flare it would be an enhancement of the original Lexus design detail. I nearly did this on my GS before it was painted a couple years ago. The most complicated part of this wold have been blending it at the rear door - the flare would have had to extend half way down the rear doors to finish the look.

By 'box' style flare, think of the Porsche 944 or BMW E30 M3:

On the 2GS, adding a bigger lip at the edge has a "flare on top of a flare" look - but I'm not saying I don't like it!

Do your thing, man!
Thanks Bob I am just trying to take the things I have learned here on CL and apply them to my new build.
Old 09-22-10, 01:00 AM
ClearP
Lead Lap

This is "quick" fender mod?? lol this is a lot of work but looks awesome!
Old 09-22-10, 12:07 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ClearP
This is "quick" fender mod?? lol this is a lot of work but looks awesome!
I guess wording is confusing. I needed opinions of what the body guy had done in my original post since I had no idea of the process for the fender mods. Turns out he is very good and knows what he is doing.
Old 09-22-10, 12:41 PM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

That turned out very nice. What shop is that?

Quick Reply: Quick fender mod opinions needed..