VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Watch-out for Shine Auto Project

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-10, 06:07 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I can see what folks are arguing about with the "Authenticity of things". They did spend time, analyzing the stock body, and making minor adjustments and creating their 'own' kits from it. Yes the Ideology is there, and I do agree it's good to support the original creators. However if you have a company that's spitting out products better than, quality wise, the "Authentic Brand", it kind of makes you wonder why those Authentic brands don't up their quality as well? The iPhone 4 had it's 'connection issues'. Say for instance, some knockoff Chinese company released their own "iPhone 4", which was almost EXACTLY the same as the real thing, and didn't have that reception issue, would you assume everyone who purchased iPhones before would be dedicated to Apple and not consider the less expensive, but better quality iFake phone?

Perhaps my analogy sucks, but if Shine Auto is taking business away from these "Authentic" companies, what's stopping those "Authentic" companies from ramping up their QC?
Old 09-25-10, 06:08 PM
DvSiR
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

amen to that! if your worried about what other people think or your only trying to impress others than:

this isnt my first rodeo pal, the hks turbo kit that i had on my supra probably cost more than your whole car clearp, almost more than my sc, either way, who gives a ****? nobody but you! the owner! who the hell wants to wait 3-6 months for something you paid for in advance, by that time your whole attitude might be in the ****ter. i dont know about you, but i go through cars like my underwear! lol.
Old 09-25-10, 06:51 PM
ClearP
Lead Lap

I dont care how much your authentic HKS kit cost buddy, it's you repping for a fake company that I have a problem with, you dont seem to get it. I also dont give a s*** about how many cars you go through lol, what is your point on that? You're a baller that buys fakes? Wonderful.

I'm done with this thread, fakes seems to have 10000000 excuse on why its a good to buy fake, ones that buy authentic don't seem to not understand the business side of things. Fact is they copied others, whether it's a bit better or not, it doesn't take away the fact that that is what they did. It's different if they changed something, or if they made their own kit. I'd buy Shine kit any day, if they design their own product. That's all I'll say about this.

DvSiR, I don't try to impress anyone, the reason why I buy authentic is... Oh what's the point lol.
Old 09-25-10, 07:12 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

17 pages of hate and flames :/
Old 09-25-10, 08:00 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vwynn
Ill be honest. if i were to be rocking a fake kit and someone asked me. Ide be honest and say im rocking a fake kit... no need to lie about it.
I've been asked..I say its Shine..
Old 09-25-10, 08:08 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Schnitz
I was reading a magazine and made an observation.
Why isn't the same said for wheels? BBS LM's have been knocked off by SSR, Work etc.. and we pay full pop for those. I don't know the originator of Work DH's but every company under the sun seems to have a version of those. There's alot of similar wheels (Waffes/D3S) that are ripped off by other companies. Please don't tell me because there's one less spoke or some other minor variation that it's not a knock-off. Just a thought.
There are only a few wheel foundries in the world..Mackin, AME, Work, TWS, and one other in Japan that I can think of off the top of my head. They all design one anothers../produce in batches...After a certain amount is produced the design is often sold off and reused/re-labeled.
Old 09-25-10, 10:10 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

quality paint over crappy paint any day...I honestly say I couldn't tell the difference in Chrispy's kit over the real deal...

Shine should make their own kits and stop copying others though...they've got the talent to lay the molds...just need the design.
Old 09-25-10, 10:10 PM
DvSiR
Lead Lap

yawn...

you should go to a couple of car shows and start calling people out and see how far that gets ya. i bet that would go over well. trust me pal, yours or anybody elses "concerns" over what i do or dont do are of very little concern. have a nice day!
Old 09-25-10, 11:21 PM
ClearP
Lead Lap

lol dont flatter yourself buddy, no one gives about what you do or how much your turbo cost or how fast you change your car, or underwear... LOL . Have a nice day!
Old 09-26-10, 12:28 AM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I think everyone has said what they wanted to say. What? There's more? Take it to PM.