UX Models (2019-present)

Going to official UX training tomorrow.. what you wanna know?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-18, 03:32 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by skyshadow
Tri beam is available for $1600 but you would have to custom order a UX to get a model that only options tri-beam (trying to keep cost down). Meaning if you are trying to keep cost down, the Tri-beam would be attached the highest level. I forget if I mentioned it but, only 10% of UX will have Nav. i would wager that same 10% will have Tri-beam LEDs

I have AVS on my NX and I could not tell you the difference unless I was taking a hard turn. I don't think AVS would be wise when trying to make a entry level Lexus. Remember, the F-Sport will have sportier suspension, just not AVS. Also, with the power I felt and the CVT I don't know why you would desire AVS. It needs 40 more hp before ever trying anything sporty.

The HUD is controlled and adjusted through the Multi-Information Display. That's the screen that comes up when the speedo slides over (like the LFA).

If i had to pick something i didn't like about the UX, it would be the standard run flats and the very odd audio controls.
Thanks for confirming the HUD controls. Was hoping it was there since I didn't see any dedicated HUD button like previous Lexus vehicles provided yet saw the projector window on the dash near the base of the windshield. Perhaps you haven't driven an NX F Sport without the AVS and it's not about the cornering but about the impact control. Non-AVS F Sport NX has a more pronounced bounce at the back over bumps (aka "rear school bus syndrome") making the ride less comfortable for passengers especially at the rear. AVS is only a $770 option on the NX F Sport in the US. Affordable and well worth the money and was available in Canada from Day 1 in 2015.

Anything special you know of about the shocks/springs? I would expect the same mount points as a CH-R but different parts/tuning.

Old 09-25-18, 09:43 AM
skyshadow
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Anything special you know of about the shocks/springs? I would expect the same mount points as a CH-R but different parts/tuning.
Same Chassis so correct, same mount points. Not much was said about the suspension aside from the F-Sport would be slightly more performance orientated than the base.