ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   UX Models (2019-present) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ux-models-2019-present-299/)
-   -   Going to official UX training tomorrow.. what you wanna know? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ux-models-2019-present/899998-going-to-official-ux-training-tomorrow-what-you-wanna-know.html)

skyshadow 09-19-18 08:29 PM

Going to official UX training tomorrow.. what you wanna know?

Hit me with questions, I'll try to keep checking the thread through out the day.

hzhao 09-20-18 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by skyshadow (Post 10311747)
Hit me with questions, I'll try to keep checking the thread through out the day.

What options will be available for US market when released? Especially with UX250h, are we getting all the gadgets as we saw during the European driving events recently? Such as, triple beam full LED headlights, 360 surround view cameras, HUD, etc. Thanks!

SoCalRX 09-20-18 08:24 AM

Would love to have pictures of the US brochure page-by-page, if possible. If permissible, can you please take pictures of the smaller details such as the lower area to the of the steering wheel and all the buttons housed in that area? Pics of open glove box. Pics of what resides under the rear hatch floor panel. Will a spare tire be available? Engine compartment pics. Pics of undercarriage. Thank you!

corradoMR2 09-20-18 06:53 PM

Too bad just saw this thread but would like to know options as well like hzhao posted including AVS.

@SoCalRX: see pics I just posted here https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ux-...l#post10312591

@skyshadow: thanks in advance for posting any info you can.

skyshadow 09-21-18 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by hzhao (Post 10311891)
What options will be available for US market when released? Especially with UX250h, are we getting all the gadgets as we saw during the European driving events recently? Such as, triple beam full LED headlights, 360 surround view cameras, HUD, etc. Thanks!

There will be four tiers. base, f sport, Hybrid and hybrid F-Sport.
With all the models, LSS 2.0 (Lexus Safety System) is standard. But BSM (blind spot monitoring) is not ($500 option). Head up display is a option and will be color ($500). Triple Beam LED head lights are optional as well, ($1660).
I head nothing about there being a 360 camera set up at all.
Remember that you will have to package these options under the Premium/Luxury type layout. Only way you could à la carte options is custom ordering.

skyshadow 09-21-18 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalRX (Post 10312017)
Would love to have pictures of the US brochure page-by-page, if possible. If permissible, can you please take pictures of the smaller details such as the lower area to the of the steering wheel and all the buttons housed in that area? Pics of open glove box. Pics of what resides under the rear hatch floor panel. Will a spare tire be available? Engine compartment pics. Pics of undercarriage. Thank you!

No spare, they have run flats from factory. Here are some pictures that maybe will help.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gaS...ew?usp=sharing

skyshadow 09-21-18 02:07 PM

AVS is not a option. No version can get it. As well, AWD can only be obtained in hybrid because the rear wheels are driven by the electric differential. No actual drive shaft from front to back.

ISTORO 09-21-18 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by skyshadow (Post 10313255)
No spare, they have run flats from factory. Here are some pictures that maybe will help.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gaS...ew?usp=sharing

Hey... thanks for the color and trim pdf. Disappointed F-Sports only have the choice of black or red interior, and no white (birch) that has been shown in so many photos? Was really hoping for the glazed caramel (flaxen) in the F-Sport this time.

skyshadow 09-22-18 08:20 AM

That's probably the number one thing I hear from people "why can't it come is 'this/this' color combo in 'this' model and 'this' version."

corradoMR2 09-23-18 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by skyshadow (Post 10313250)
There will be four tiers. base, f sport, Hybrid and hybrid F-Sport.
With all the models, LSS 2.0 (Lexus Safety System) is standard. But BSM (blind spot monitoring) is not ($500 option). Head up display is a option and will be color ($500). Triple Beam LED head lights are optional as well, ($1660).
I head nothing about there being a 360 camera set up at all.
Remember that you will have to package these options under the Premium/Luxury type layout. Only way you could à la carte options is custom ordering.

Thanks for the info. Interestingly, same tiers offered in Canada and your options match what I saw in the prototype a couple weeks ago.

- no 360 cam
- no AVS
- no triple-beam which is possible Canada may not get them to keep the cost down.

Agree with the comments on the lack of the creme white interior for the FSport. Was my favorite.

The biggest bummer is the lack of AVS. Not only do the reviews favor the ride for AVS-equipped UX's, my experience with AVS-NX and AVS-RX vs non-equipped versions aligns with the reviews. Ride with the UX risks being a bit choppy, especially the firmer F Sport. Definitely will require a test drive...

For the HUD, it seems there are no physical buttons on the dash. I believe it's configured from the TFT screen/steering wheel controls. Can you confirm?

skyshadow 09-24-18 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by corradoMR2 (Post 10314703)
- no triple-beam which is possible Canada may not get them to keep the cost down.

Agree with the comments on the lack of the creme white interior for the FSport. Was my favorite.

The biggest bummer is the lack of AVS. Not only do the reviews favor the ride for AVS-equipped UX's, my experience with AVS-NX and AVS-RX vs non-equipped versions aligns with the reviews. Ride with the UX risks being a bit choppy, especially the firmer F Sport. Definitely will require a test drive...

For the HUD, it seems there are no physical buttons on the dash. I believe it's configured from the TFT screen/steering wheel controls. Can you confirm?

Tri beam is available for $1600 but you would have to custom order a UX to get a model that only options tri-beam (trying to keep cost down). Meaning if you are trying to keep cost down, the Tri-beam would be attached the highest level. I forget if I mentioned it but, only 10% of UX will have Nav. i would wager that same 10% will have Tri-beam LEDs

I have AVS on my NX and I could not tell you the difference unless I was taking a hard turn. I don't think AVS would be wise when trying to make a entry level Lexus. Remember, the F-Sport will have sportier suspension, just not AVS. Also, with the power I felt and the CVT I don't know why you would desire AVS. It needs 40 more hp before ever trying anything sporty.

The HUD is controlled and adjusted through the Multi-Information Display. That's the screen that comes up when the speedo slides over (like the LFA).

If i had to pick something i didn't like about the UX, it would be the standard run flats and the very odd audio controls.

SoCalRX 09-24-18 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by skyshadow (Post 10315155)
Tri beam is available for $1600 but you would have to custom order a UX to get a model that only options tri-beam (trying to keep cost down). Meaning if you are trying to keep cost down, the Tri-beam would be attached the highest level. I forget if I mentioned it but, only 10% of UX will have Nav. i would wager that same 10% will have Tri-beam LEDs

I have AVS on my NX and I could not tell you the difference unless I was taking a hard turn. I don't think AVS would be wise when trying to make a entry level Lexus. Remember, the F-Sport will have sportier suspension, just not AVS. Also, with the power I felt and the CVT I don't know why you would desire AVS. It needs 40 more hp before ever trying anything sporty.

The HUD is controlled and adjusted through the Multi-Information Display. That's the screen that comes up when the speedo slides over (like the LFA).

If i had to pick something i didn't like about the UX, it would be the standard run flats and the very odd audio controls.

Too bad on the custom order nonsense to get desirable features. When we first purchased our RX I called the salesperson we used to get us an NX with a panoramic camera and he only found one somewhere back East. Although we are new to Lexus, there are some matters we would like improved, such as loaded options and the banishment of Lexus Enform.

P.S. Run-flats on this size and category of vehicles have got to be noisy, so I'm with you on them.

ISTORO 09-24-18 10:28 AM

Only 10% with navigation? You mentioned Premium (and/or) Luxury content, would you know availability on the F-Sport versions and what those packages include before add-on's? My big question is did Lexus say when dealers can start placing initial inventory orders and when they will be available for a test drive (late Nov, early Dec, late Dec.)? Hybrid sometime in Jan, correct?

skyshadow 09-24-18 12:43 PM

Regions have already been allocated the first batch with specified options chosen by the regional managers. What this means is whatever the options are, they are regional, not the same nationally, but that whole region will have the same levels (set ups). A region is 2-4 states in a area grouped together for the same types of buyer, climate.. etc. If I say they will come set up premium with blah blah blah, That may be true in Texas but not Colorado.
You are correct, first run in Dec and hybrids in January. I have heard no news about when custom ordering will be available.

ISTORO 09-24-18 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by skyshadow (Post 10315440)
Regions have already been allocated the first batch with specified options chosen by the regional managers. What this means is whatever the options are, they are regional, not the same nationally, but that whole region will have the same levels (set ups). A region is 2-4 states in a area grouped together for the same types of buyer, climate.. etc. If I say they will come set up premium with blah blah blah, That may be true in Texas but not Colorado.
You are correct, first run in Dec and hybrids in January. I have heard no news about when custom ordering will be available.

Got it, so we can blame the regional managers for the packages/options decisions (joking... sort of). I do understand the whole regional, climate, FWD vs. AWD, summer tires, all-seasons etc etc thing. I was fortunate enough to get both of my current Lexus vehicles optioned the way I wanted (minus the ML audio in the IS), however when a friend of mine was looking for his 2017 NX, he wanted the heated steering wheel (stand alone option) and ended up getting one without, it did have the premium package. We live in the colder winter northeast and the HSW were far and few in between, most were located in FLORIDA with FWD which made no sense to me at all. From MY18 and up, they all seem to have that option included. Sorry for all the questions and coming across as a pain in the a** but December in not too far away, my lease expires and will have to come up with a plan B or C if the UX fails to meet my particular needs. The run-flats are a concern as someone else mentioned but thank you for all the information provided so far.