UX Models (2019-present)

Lexus UX

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-18, 03:08 AM
chromedome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Lexus hybrids don't have jutting exhaust tips, they're always hidden under the rear valance. Maybe Lexus preferred to simplify things and just use one bumper design for all, like how the ES300h and ES200 have the same rear end despite the latter not being a hybrid.

As for all the negative comments on small cars, this model isn't targeted at North America. It's mainly for Europe where even the ES is too big and small crossovers rule the market.
Old 03-07-18, 05:21 AM
highrev6
Lead Lap

Received 87 Likes on 70 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Where are the tailpipe tips? All this style and effort, but not the simplest way of adding some pizzazz in back? They learned the hard way with the last RX to the current one. Or maybe they didn't learn. Hmmm...
I think this UX is being marketed towards young urbanites & millennials, and many millennials believe that humans are causing global warming. The conquest buyer for this vehicle despises the glorification of pollution aka big chrome exhaust tips.
Old 03-07-18, 06:27 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
I like those media buttons... those metal volume and tune ***** will be really nice to use.
i didn't see any cupholders among all that.

Exterior looks like it might look fine... since they placed the white car in white background on the show, it is really hard to see the details. Hopefully it is not bad in real life, I want to like it.
Originally Posted by pman6
yuck. Looks like budget car with lexus badge...
the shape of the butt is just bad.
There was a time when Luxury meant large and having a presence on the road.
But all these brands are just diluting their image with this compact ultra compact junk.

All those sheet metal creases going everywhere

yeah those pics look terrible.
Old 03-07-18, 06:28 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

any info yet on dimensions, interior space?
Old 03-07-18, 07:07 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Overall I like the styling, including the taillight bar. However, It will probably be too small for my use though. Looking forward to seeing it in person.

The one thing I see that totally turns me off is the inclusion of a touch pad. I had one in my NX and it was the worst feature for me I ever had in a vehicle. I've read Lexus has updated it in the new NX but haven't read any opinions on it yet. I sure hope it works better now.
Old 03-07-18, 07:59 AM
evident
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Crappy power train options, par the course for Lexus
Old 03-07-18, 08:38 AM
chilipalm
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope they price this at CT level or below. A fully loaded CRV, RAV4, even Hyundai Kona would be better value.
Old 03-07-18, 09:03 AM
highrev6
Lead Lap

Received 87 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by chilipalm
I hope they price this at CT level or below. A fully loaded CRV, RAV4, even Hyundai Kona would be better value.
true statement you made there. But all the vehicles brands you named provide mediocre customer service, don’t have chandeliers hanging from the ceiling or mirror polished marble floors. I feel like many consumers buy a lexus beyond the bang for buck value. I’m sure it will be priced comparably to the BMW X1 Audi Q3, and Volvo XC40.
Old 03-07-18, 10:38 AM
situman
Pole Position

Received 162 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by highrev6

I think this UX is being marketed towards young urbanites & millennials, and many millennials believe that humans are causing global warming. The conquest buyer for this vehicle despises the glorification of pollution aka big chrome exhaust tips.
Millenials also believe in sharing a NYC apartment with 5 other people to get the prestige of living in the city. Oh quicker to get home too after spending two paychecks on partying and drinking. Saving for the future be damned.
Old 03-07-18, 12:25 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Lexus says the new UX is roomy and relaxing, and that thin windshield A-pillars contribute to excellent outward visibility.

New Predictive Efficient Drive, Predictive Deceleration Support, and Predictive State of Charge functions also debut in the UX 250h. These technologies are included with the navigation system and proactively optimize the UX 250h model’s drive system by learning and adapting to the driver’s typical habits and routes. Lexus says you can shut these off in the event that you don’t want your car monitoring you.

the UX boasts a tight 34-foot turning radius.

And when it does arrive, it will face a long list of competitors including the Audi Q3, BMW X1 and X2, Infiniti QX30, Jaguar E-Pace, Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class, and Volvo XC40.

http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/new...icle-1.3858462
Some interesting tidbits. The more and more I read about the UX, the more I like it.
Old 03-07-18, 02:24 PM
evident
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by situman
Millenials also believe in sharing a NYC apartment with 5 other people to get the prestige of living in the city. Oh quicker to get home too after spending two paychecks on partying and drinking. Saving for the future be damned.
yeah because our entire generation does this, old geezer.
Old 03-07-18, 02:29 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by situman
ok enough with the baiting stereotypes.
Old 03-07-18, 02:57 PM
situman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
ok enough with the baiting stereotypes.
Not baiting. It's what I see everyday. But I'll stop.
Old 03-07-18, 03:02 PM
situman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by chilipalm
Imagine the new RAV4 eating this things lunch with a stronger powertrain at around the same price. Sure interior may have more plastic, but it has a higher level TNGA based on the CAmry instead of the "C" version.
Old 03-07-18, 03:31 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,712 Likes on 2,297 Posts

The styling is okay nothing special. Too many details it's like there were 100 designers all trying to get their ideas into the final product. Why can't Lexus restrain themselves and make something understated and elegant. See Volvo on how to do it right.

Quick Reply: Lexus UX