Lexus TX 350 Dash Cam Install

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-23, 12:39 PM
BinhN
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus TX 350 Dash Cam Install

Has anyone tried to install a dash cam through the rearview mirror? We attempted to do so but the cover is on pretty tight and we don't want to break it. We tried looking a tutorials from other cars ( the 2023 GX and RX) but the cover for this one seems different.
Old 01-03-24, 04:11 PM
Charleshua
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I installed one using the fuse at the lower corner of the driver footrest

I tapped into one of the usb power fuse, and route the cable through the weather rubber seal to the the spot next to the rear view mirror.
Old 01-04-24, 05:40 PM
Ehan85
3rd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Does anyone had to remove the A pillar trim to route the wire? I heard from someone that I should not route the wire over the airbag.
This is my first time installing a dash cam and I am afraid that I may damage something in the process.
Old 01-04-24, 06:10 PM
Charleshua
Driver School Candidate

You don’t need to remove the A trim, just pull the rubber seal and squeeze the wire in the gap, when you reach the top of the ATrim , squeeze the wire in with very light force. After that everything is easy.

Originally Posted by Ehan85
Does anyone had to remove the A pillar trim to route the wire? I heard from someone that I should not route the wire over the airbag.
This is my first time installing a dash cam and I am afraid that I may damage something in the process.
The following users liked this post:
Ehan85 (01-05-24)
Old 01-05-24, 01:08 PM
Ehan85
3rd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thank you for your response. I was wondering if it was OK to route the wire over the airbag but it seems that the cable will not inhibit the deployment of the airbag.
Old 01-22-24, 05:39 AM
RybakT
5th Gear

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I installed the OEM Lexus Dashcam. Installation was very easy. I was going to connect to via the digital mirror utilizing a wire harness, but I found an open connector above the interior lights.

The following 6 users liked this post by RybakT:
coolbrazz (02-20-24), Derek305T (05-14-24), Ehan85 (01-22-24), MiamiTX350 (04-08-24), Rancherman (03-29-24), WhiteTX350 (03-22-24) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-22-24, 09:27 AM
mhoran89
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by RybakT
I installed the OEM Lexus Dashcam. Installation was very easy. I was going to connect to via the digital mirror utilizing a wire harness, but I found an open connector above the interior lights.
how do you like that dashcam? I have never had one in any vehicle I have owned and the TX I hope to take delivery of later this week has this one installed already at the dealer....
Old 01-22-24, 09:52 AM
RybakT
5th Gear

It's good, there are better video quality dashcams on the market like BlackVue or VIOFO (have the A129 installed in my GS350) but I wanted the seamless integration and factory look and finish. That's why I went with the OEM dashcam.

Last edited by RybakT; 01-22-24 at 11:23 AM.
Rancherman (03-29-24)
Old 01-22-24, 01:44 PM
mhoran89
Pit Crew

It's good, there are better video quality dashcams on the market like BlackVue or VIOFO (have the A129 installed in my GS350) but I wanted the seamless integration and factory look and finish. That's why I went with the OEM dashcam.
gotcha. I didn't have a choice because the car has one installed. so that is what I am working with. not a lot of luxury trim cars coming into dealers in MA so I settled on a few things including color...

coming from a german brand where you can configure and order away this is a lot different...
Old 01-22-24, 02:08 PM
RybakT
5th Gear

Originally Posted by mhoran89
gotcha. I didn't have a choice because the car has one installed. so that is what I am working with. not a lot of luxury trim cars coming into dealers in MA so I settled on a few things including color...

coming from a german brand where you can configure and order away this is a lot different...
You'll be fine with the OEM dashcam, I didn't have one from the factory but still chose it. In most cases you're just looking to validate who was at fault if you were involved in an accident and what you have will do just that. I'm not looking to film a movie with it
The following 2 users liked this post by RybakT:
coolbrazz (02-20-24), MooneyPilot (03-12-24)
Old 01-22-24, 02:31 PM
mhoran89
Pit Crew

You'll be fine with the OEM dashcam, I didn't have one from the factory but still chose it. In most cases you're just looking to validate who was at fault if you were involved in an accident and what you have will do just that. I'm not looking to film a movie with it
totally get it.
Old 02-19-24, 08:18 PM
unknownone
5th Gear

I was considering installing a 2 channel dashcam with parking mode enable. Can anyone tell me where the interior fuse box is and whats the best way to route the wires?
Old 02-20-24, 06:10 AM
Charleshua
Driver School Candidate

Default 2nd dashcam for the TX

Originally Posted by unknownone
I was considering installing a 2 channel dashcam with parking mode enable. Can anyone tell me where the interior fuse box is and whats the best way to route the wires?
there is a power outlet at the lower left corner of the truck, you can install the 2nd dashcam there, it is much better than the two channel rear camera ‘s resolution . It is slim design with WiFi connections to your cell phone when needing to watch the video. You can route and hide the wire in the trunk rubber seal

coolbrazz (02-20-24)
Old 02-20-24, 06:33 AM
unknownone
5th Gear

Interesting. I actually didnt notice the outlet there but it is a good suggestion.

Any chance you know where the fuse box in the TX is? Side note, is that the OEM cargo liner?
Old 02-20-24, 07:10 AM
Charleshua
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by unknownone
Interesting. I actually didnt notice the outlet there but it is a good suggestion.

Any chance you know where the fuse box in the TX is? Side note, is that the OEM cargo liner?
The front fuse box is on the left side of the driver foot rest. You need a tiny flat screw driver to pop out the cover clip and you can tab in the power outlet fuse. Negative wire you can connect it to a metal part. You will need a power voltage regulator to downsize the 12V to 5V, you can easily find it on Amazon

Quick Reply: Lexus TX 350 Dash Cam Install