Welcome to Club Lexus! TX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-24, 10:27 PM
ubiquityxx
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Took delivery on our first Lexus today. TX 350 AWD Luxury. Celestial Silver Metallic, black leather trim, captain chairs with heat, ventilation, cold package, convenience package, 22-in alloy wheels, mark levinson, tech package, illum door sills, all-weather floor liners, cargo mat. So far so good - ditched the mini-van.
Old 03-20-24, 10:20 AM
sheetmetalfab
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default New grocery getter

24 TX350 premium AWD
arctic white ext.
black interior.

14th one in Alaska.

Old 03-30-24, 01:25 PM
Alienraver
5th Gear

Default Got mine today!

I waited so long for this car, put my deposit Jan 10 and just got it today. I really wanted the luxury AWD but it only comes with captain chairs and our kid is too small for that, so we really needed the bench 2nd row. With that limitation we got the Premium AWD in Nightfall Mica with birch interior. Coming from an Audi Q7 I can tell some minor nuances that ai will have to get used to but overall happy so far. Just still a bit bummed we had to settle due to the allocation thing. Ran my first grocery haul in it and the cargo net is handy. The only thing I need now is a sunshade. Happy to have joined the Lexus family!
Old 04-01-24, 07:04 AM
mhoran89
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Alienraver
I waited so long for this car, put my deposit Jan 10 and just got it today. I really wanted the luxury AWD but it only comes with captain chairs and our kid is too small for that, so we really needed the bench 2nd row. With that limitation we got the Premium AWD in Nightfall Mica with birch interior. Coming from an Audi Q7 I can tell some minor nuances that ai will have to get used to but overall happy so far. Just still a bit bummed we had to settle due to the allocation thing. Ran my first grocery haul in it and the cargo net is handy. The only thing I need now is a sunshade. Happy to have joined the Lexus family!
I just left from Q7 land where I have had one since 2019. I put a combined 80K on two Q7s and left for a TX 350 Luxury and really like it. repair costs were pretty insane on the Q7. What were the main reasons for a switch?
Old 04-01-24, 07:37 AM
Alienraver
5th Gear

My Q7 was a 2018, with barely 49kmiles. The evap issue is what forced me to sell, Audi refused to fix it and the dealers kept saying it was something else. $5k into the repair and I was done. I even wrote Audi USA around their issued TSB but they didn't care. Between my husband and I we had 4 Audi's and were planning on buying 2 more this yr but after that, nope. I am very happy with the TX so far and glad I went with Lexus.
Old 04-01-24, 10:09 AM
mhoran89
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Alienraver
My Q7 was a 2018, with barely 49kmiles. The evap issue is what forced me to sell, Audi refused to fix it and the dealers kept saying it was something else. $5k into the repair and I was done. I even wrote Audi USA around their issued TSB but they didn't care. Between my husband and I we had 4 Audi's and were planning on buying 2 more this yr but after that, nope. I am very happy with the TX so far and glad I went with Lexus.
I don't blame you one bit! I had a main power harness failure which left me stranded last summer and the stealership wanted 5K to fix but I negotiated with them. car wasn't the same afterwards and was dealing with rattles, downpipe flex section issues, and more. don't plan on having issues like that with a much more reliable brand like lexus.
Old 04-07-24, 02:37 PM
Lexus550h
1st Gear

Default TX550h+

Just received TX550h+, 2024, nightfall mica, black interior, a great vehicle so far!
Old 04-08-24, 11:34 AM
MiamiTX350
2nd gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just picked up a 2024 TX350 Luxury in Silver for my wife, on Saturday. Learning all the ins and outs, trying all the gadgets.

This thing has more tech than any car we have owned before, and it's been a lot of fun, so far.
Old 04-16-24, 08:44 PM
UTME06
10th Gear

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Just picked up an LX350 AWD luxury with the cold/tech/convenience packages in white exterior and black interior with 2nd row captains chairs. She's a beaut and I'm without any buyers remorse.

I'm coming from a Q7 (supercharged V6) and there is definitely a massive step down in power and the gear ratios leaves a bit to be desired with the 8 speed. But the overall experience after a long highway trip home was arguably the best I've had after many vehicles in my lifetime.

Ultimately, this is my wife's car and I'll have to see how she feels about the driving dynamics around town (she'll have this car for a long time, so I'm sure she'll get used to it ). I'm just hoping to experience that legendary Lexus/Toyota reliability and wash that nasty German vehicle repair cost taste out of my wallet!

The following 3 users liked this post by UTME06:
ForumGenius (05-12-24), MiamiTX350 (04-17-24), sheetmetalfab (04-17-24)
Old 04-17-24, 01:36 PM
mhoran89
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by UTME06
Just picked up an LX350 AWD luxury with the cold/tech/convenience packages in white exterior and black interior with 2nd row captains chairs. She's a beaut and I'm without any buyers remorse.

I'm coming from a Q7 (supercharged V6) and there is definitely a massive step down in power and the gear ratios leaves a bit to be desired with the 8 speed. But the overall experience after a long highway trip home was arguably the best I've had after many vehicles in my lifetime.

Ultimately, this is my wife's car and I'll have to see how she feels about the driving dynamics around town (she'll have this car for a long time, so I'm sure she'll get used to it ). I'm just hoping to experience that legendary Lexus/Toyota reliability and wash that nasty German vehicle repair cost taste out of my wallet!

I totally get it. coming from the same place. I really do enjoy this car. only fault I have with it is the conservative DTE calculation and the somewhat small fuel tank.
Old 04-17-24, 02:06 PM
sheetmetalfab
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mhoran89
I totally get it. coming from the same place. I really do enjoy this car. only fault I have with it is the conservative DTE calculation and the somewhat small fuel tank.
I would love a 30 gallon tank in these things……
Old 04-18-24, 06:06 AM
mhoran89
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by sheetmetalfab
I would love a 30 gallon tank in these things……
25 would be the sweet spot. anything larger would be icing on the cake. they have a 17.8 gallon tank, however something like 2.8 gallons are reserve and not accounted for on the gas gauge which is frustrating.
Old 04-18-24, 01:08 PM
sleepygara
2nd gear

Received 13 Likes on 1 Post
Default Made a review on a loaner I have

2024 Incognito Grey 500H
Old 05-12-24, 04:49 PM
ForumGenius
3rd Gear

Default Just joined the club as well

350 AWD premium

cloudburst grey- apparently it is premium paint
interior is black/grey
cold area, convenience and technology package

illuminated door sills
illuminated cargo sill
mudguards
wheel lock - amazing 🤩
ceramic coating 🤔
door edge film

other junk - usb cables 🤬 , cargo lights.

Looking to buy the following Accessories
- oem running boards
- screen guard - ordered
-sunshades - heard Costco sells a good 2 pack.