Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Need Help with Spacers

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-11, 07:02 AM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with Spacers

Hey, currently I have aftermarket wheels and I just want them more flush with the car. the current setup is

Offset 35mm
backspacing 5.91
bolt pattern 5-114
245/40/18
22 lbs

what brand of spacer should I buy? All four wheels are the same, I believe it has a hub centric ring already on there to fit the wheel properly.

dont want them to be sticking out, just nicely flush with the body of the car to of course give more of a wider/aggressive look from all sides.

Thank you for all the help guys!
Old 02-09-11, 07:29 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm assuming this is for the GS in your signature? Is your car lowered with Springs or Coil overs? With those specs and a small drop, you can probably tuck a 25mm spacer in the rear and a 15-20mm spacer in the front.

The brand depends on how much money you will want to spend. We have plenty of Club Lexus vendors that sell Ichiba V1 & V2 spacers for around $125.00 a pair. The quality is pretty good, but I have heard of the studs breaking or a nut coming loose over time. I'd check them out every few months to make sure they are holding up ok. If you have a lot of cash, go with H&R spacers. I've never heard of anyone having problems with these. I believe the price is much higher $160+ for a pair.Good luck and post pics when you're done. Make sure to order the correct hubcentric spacer size. Ichiba and H&R have the correct models for your GS on their website.
Old 02-09-11, 07:44 AM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Tabaka
I'm assuming this is for the GS in your signature? Is your car lowered with Springs or Coil overs? With those specs and a small drop, you can probably tuck a 25mm spacer in the rear and a 15-20mm spacer in the front.

The brand depends on how much money you will want to spend. We have plenty of Club Lexus vendors that sell Ichiba V1 & V2 spacers for around $125.00 a pair. The quality is pretty good, but I have heard of the studs breaking or a nut coming loose over time. I'd check them out every few months to make sure they are holding up ok. If you have a lot of cash, go with H&R spacers. I've never heard of anyone having problems with these. I believe the price is much higher $160+ for a pair.Good luck and post pics when you're done. Make sure to order the correct hubcentric spacer size. Ichiba and H&R have the correct models for your GS on their website.
Yeah the car is lowered with eibach springs. nothing too drastic but its apparent.

How would I know the correct hubcentric spacer size?
Old 02-09-11, 08:56 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AJL0365
Yeah the car is lowered with eibach springs. nothing too drastic but its apparent.

How would I know the correct hubcentric spacer size?
Visit the manufacturers website and plug in your vehicle. It will tell you the hubcentric size you are requesting. I'm pretty sure the GS is a 60.1, but use the SEARCH button in club lexus to get a definite answer.
Old 02-09-11, 09:16 AM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Visit the manufacturers website and plug in your vehicle. It will tell you the hubcentric size you are requesting. I'm pretty sure the GS is a 60.1, but use the SEARCH button in club lexus to get a definite answer.
Well I work for a dealer and i could easily get a tech to install parts so i just wanna be sure I get the correct part. The tech was saying that I need to know the center bore of the wheel. The aftermarker wheels i have on now already have plastic huncentric rings..

The site of the ibachi said its already hubcentric, but im assuming thats for the orignal wheel and not for aftermarket.

Geez this is confusing lol. I thought this was a simply toss on there and be happy
Old 02-09-11, 09:26 AM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

I noticed you have the ibachi spacers 25mm, is that all the way around? anything special have to be purchased along with them?
Old 02-09-11, 07:50 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Yep, you will also need plastic rings and hubcentric spacers. The hubcentric spacers have a metal bore with a raised "ring". You will need plastic rings because the bore on your wheels are typically not the same size as your spacers. You will need to measure your wheels bore and your spacer hubcentric size. I know it's confusing buy you'll get it. It will be worth it in the long run so you minimize wheel vibration which will probably scare the crap out of you the first few times you drive your vehicle. Usually wheel bores are pretty big to fit many applications. I've seen many up near 73mm. So you will need to get plastic rings that are...lets say 60.1mm to 73mm. Check out this link over at Work Wheels USA. Their prices are a little high and you can probably just pick up some rings on Ebay. This is just for an example: http://workwheelsonline.com/hubcentric-rings.html