Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

The SHAKES!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-07, 01:34 AM
vborder
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The SHAKES!!!!!

I know this has been discuss before, but my shake is wierd and it seems my problem is a little different than others.... OK, once i start accelerating, my car feels like it is limping, you know like someone walking with a limp, i have hub rings on and road balance before, but it seems like it didn't fix the problem... So is it warp rotors? and when i ride in the wet weather its worst and the shake has like a pattern it shakes to not like a constance shake, the tires seems fine and it just has the regular wear from the camber issue, so i don't think its that. So what could it be if this limping to shaking could be, usually i hear people on hear saying they have shake at 60 and up, but mine has this weird thing going on besides the shake
Old 08-23-07, 12:32 PM
Brandon@TR
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Warped rotors would normally be felt under breaking not under acceleration. It sounds like you may have some flat spotting. As far as shaking if they were road force balanced the tech should be able to determine if they were out of balance and/or the tires are faulty.
Old 08-24-07, 11:45 AM
vborder
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the suggestion Brandon, i forgot to correct myself, but that limping, i think is maybe the rotors, i didn't describe it well, but after thinking about, when i accelerate, it fells like a swaying motion, so maybe that is due to the warp rotors.... WHen i had it road froce, the tech guy didn't mention anything about the tire, like you say, if it was road force, then maybe the tech should spot out a flat-spot or faulty tire, right Anyways it suck, because they are Rotoras rotors from Carson, and if i remember they kind of did it after install, i figured they were good rotors, now to find out they are warped, and it hasn't been that long since i put them on
Old 08-26-07, 08:59 AM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

The rotors would have to be warped beyond imagination if they were to cause that bad of a vibration when not braking...

I would have them re check the road force balance - depending on who did it, you might still have a wheel / tire issue... (even my techs will let things go that I won't - I have a little less tolerance than some) Also, keep in mind that machine is not perfect - it's all about the user...