Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Replacement OEM Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-21, 10:43 AM
Chugs350
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am looking on rockauto now, if I have an AWD 4GS F, I don't see anything for the rear... Am I looking at the wrong place?
Looking to RSR down springs on that.

Old 05-06-21, 05:05 PM
GS350Boi
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Chugs350
I am looking on rockauto now, if I have an AWD 4GS F, I don't see anything for the rear... Am I looking at the wrong place?
Looking to RSR down springs on that.

For the rears, look on Rockauto under “shocks”. The fronts are listed under “struts” category.
Old 05-06-21, 05:11 PM
Chugs350
Driver School Candidate

Ah I see it now! Thanks.

sad they don't have rears with AVS for the AWD models
Old 05-06-21, 06:28 PM
GrandSedanFan
Instructor

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Chugs350
Ah I see it now! Thanks.

sad they don't have rears with AVS for the AWD models
My understanding is that the rear suspensions are the same between RWD and AWD.
Old 05-10-21, 10:45 AM
Chugs350
Driver School Candidate

For whoever that has AWD and is wondering.

Old 05-10-21, 11:46 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,257 Likes on 998 Posts

https://www.kyb.com/catalog/

(1) Front Left Suspension Strutw/ Adaptive Control Suspension
  • The correct, OEM replacement adaptive damper
  • Specifically calibrated to help restore the original handling and control characteristics of your Lexus
  • High gas pressure design provides instant, extra control

Put in a 2016 Lexus GS350 AWD. It says they do anyway? IDK?
Old 05-10-21, 11:48 AM
Chugs350
Driver School Candidate

Yeah they only do the front struts for awd.
The rear shocks they don't have it for awd according to tech support email.
Old 12-19-21, 10:58 AM
lohimike
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Finally bit the Bullet and replaced all 4 AVS shocks with the KYB's from Rock auto . AAA wanted $2800 & Dealer was close to $4,000.
took me two days taking my time. Note, on the fronts ,I took off the uppercontrol arm bolt, Calipher & sway bar link .. gave all the room to remove quickly.
only problem was using spring compressors... did the first strut and was letting the pressure off one side and the other side started screaming off and shot the top off into the yard.
@ 73 years old , enough is enough... took the other in to the local Import shop and compressed it for me N/C
only ****up was pulled the wire out of the ABS sensor.... $217 to replace. .. but I pulled it apart and soldered back together.
P.S. I had updated my control arm links to HD replacements this summer. Handling better than stock. I don't know why ?I waited almost 12 months to do this....

Good luck.
Old 12-19-21, 05:09 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lohimike
Finally bit the Bullet and replaced all 4 AVS shocks with the KYB's from Rock auto . AAA wanted $2800 & Dealer was close to $4,000.
took me two days taking my time. Note, on the fronts ,I took off the uppercontrol arm bolt, Calipher & sway bar link .. gave all the room to remove quickly.
only problem was using spring compressors... did the first strut and was letting the pressure off one side and the other side started screaming off and shot the top off into the yard.
@ 73 years old , enough is enough... took the other in to the local Import shop and compressed it for me N/C
only ****up was pulled the wire out of the ABS sensor.... $217 to replace. .. but I pulled it apart and soldered back together.
P.S. I had updated my control arm links to HD replacements this summer. Handling better than stock. I don't know why ?I waited almost 12 months to do this....

Good luck.
Well you got them complete and at a much better lower cost. Let us know back how the ride quality difference feels? I did this some months ago.

BTW which HD control arm links did you replace with?
Old 12-19-21, 06:04 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,993 Likes on 1,416 Posts

Good luck.
Wow, your Lexus dealer quoted you close to $4,000 to replace all four AVS shocks!

Glad you didn't get hurt compressing the springs replacing the failed AVS shocks yourself. Using those spring compressors can be lethal!

Be sure to post the information about your car in this thread if you haven't done so already: AVS Shock Longevity - Database
Old 12-19-21, 08:35 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

My Lexus Dealer quoted me $879 for one Strut, not including any other fees and wheel alignment. Plus Tax very close to $4k also. I posted the price quote in a thread somewhere with a screen shot of the quote from the Lexus Dealer.
Old 12-19-21, 09:04 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

The thing also is that if one Struts goes and as many problems as we see with them here, I know the other Struts will go soon. Again I spoke with Lexus about this. They said it would help everyone if everyone that has this problem calls Lexus Customer Service and reports and ask for a Ticket complaint number. That's how they know to do customer assistance on do these kinda fixes out of Warranty for Free. I maybe beating a dead horse again, but I'm sure that some in the I don't have a problem thread may not even know their are leaking. You have to take a close look sometimes and depending on the amount of dirt and road grime it cam be easily missed.

If anyone wants more info.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ek-review.html

The following users liked this post:
2k4CamkilA (12-21-21)
Old 01-29-22, 02:59 PM
737Driver
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good luck.
Which control arm links did you switch to? Thanks!
Old 01-29-22, 03:46 PM
737Driver
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a 2013 AWD F-Sport with 160k. My shocks are long overdue, so I’m going to be changing the shocks/struts soon. Is there anything else I should be considering replacing while I’m already at it? I’m pretty handy in the garage so I’m confident I’ll be able to handle this, I just didn’t know if y’all had other recommendations. I plan on keeping the car another 100k+ (hopefully).
I don’t think I’m interested in coil overs or dropping it.
Old 02-15-22, 08:10 PM
DiezDos
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by panyo64
My understanding is that the rear suspensions are the same between RWD and AWD.
Is there any confirmation on this? This part number comes up on AutoZone saying it fits my AWD but I would hate to remove them and then not have them fit. Thanks

Quick Reply: Replacement OEM Shocks