Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

uneven rear suspension question, I'm lost...

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-16, 04:25 PM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default uneven rear suspension question, I'm lost...

i originally bought lowering springs that were supposed to lower the car 2" front 1.25" rear and had them installed. the left side sat lower than the right about a full inch, and i only got 1" drop in front, but closer to a 2" drop in the rear. i checked the springs and it looked like they were installed backwards, rears in the front, front in the rear. i had the springs reversed and it helped bring the front down about another half inch, but the rear stayed about the same and i still had the lean. which i attribute to worn out struts over the years of all the weight being on one side of the car (drivers side) i ordered coilovers to rectify this because i wasn't happy with the stance at all. after installing the coilovers i don't have the lean in the front anymore, but my left rear coilover is set a half inch higher than the right rear, which is all the way to the bottom, and my left rear still sits a quarter inch lower than the right rear. the fronts are even and it sits fine. does anyone have any clues as to why I'm still sitting a quarter inch lower on the left rear, even though the coilover is set a half inch higher than the right rear?