Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

4GS - Bagged or Static and What Happens to the Sport Modes

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-16, 09:23 PM
dailygrind
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4GS - Bagged or Static and What Happens to the Sport Modes

Hey Guys, so I just bought a 2014 GS350 FSport and I'm not sure whether to go bagged or static?

I've always been into cars, but I'm now just getting into really investing in MODS - so you could say i'm pretty green/noob when it comes to suspension.

I'm thinking about swapping the OEM suspension for either of the following:

• Bagged: 1) Air Lift or 2) Airrex

OR

• Static: BC Racing Coil Overs

One of the issues i keep hearing about is, once i change the shocks and suspension, I'll lose the AVS function and the Sport/Sport+ modes will no longer be available. Is there any truth to that?

Can someone please educate me and let me know what will exactly happen if i upgrade to Air Suspension or Coilovers? Pros/Cons and what OEM features i'll lose once i make these changes.

SIDENOTE: Lowering my car/changing my suspension is a result of me wanting to purchase the Gold VSXX wheels. I just don't think VSXX would look appealing on stock suspension.

Any thoughts, suggestions, help guys?
Old 07-12-16, 10:46 PM
avs20
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

The only thing you will lose is the AVS feature..nothing else.
If you're new to this...I'd suggest trying coilovers first. You can always add a UAS Aero Sport bag to the fronts and an Air House 1 in the rear. Going air is a pretty involved install..and gets costly quick..especially if you aren't doing the work yourself.
Old 07-13-16, 10:55 AM
JM Auto Racing
Sponsor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

If your looking at bags, the new D2 Racing kits are a great way to go. They new features have a new patented design air bag plus feature the Vera management system. Been a very hot seller over the last few months since there release.

As for coilovers, BC are the way to go on this car. AVS is the only feature you will loose which is not really a big deal at all. The top of the line D2 kit will run you around $2800 where as the lower models with less features around $2300.

Send me a PM if you are interested and I'd be happy to go through some options for both coilovers and air suspension.
1-855-998-8726
Old 07-13-16, 09:55 PM
dailygrind
Driver School Candidate

my friend's buddy owns a shop and specializes in suspension - so in that respect i think i should be fine. I could always go with getting air cups, but i know that If i slam the car, it will definitely put more stress on my struts (with coilovers) and speed up the replacement process. Is there any truth to that?

I figured if i'm going to lower the car and spend money on suspension, i might as well make a long term in investment. Buy Nice or Buy it Twice lol

If i lose the AVS feature, doesn't that mean i'll also lose the Sport and Sport+ modes in the car since those features are directly involved with the suspension?

Originally Posted by avs20
The only thing you will lose is the AVS feature..nothing else.
If you're new to this...I'd suggest trying coilovers first. You can always add a UAS Aero Sport bag to the fronts and an Air House 1 in the rear. Going air is a pretty involved install..and gets costly quick..especially if you aren't doing the work yourself.
Old 07-13-16, 11:11 PM
avs20
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

No..the only thing you lose is the suspension adjustment. The steering wheel, shift points, etc will still work.
Old 07-14-16, 09:29 PM
dailygrind
Driver School Candidate

Thanks! I'll definitely hit you up, if i decide to go with D2.

Originally Posted by JM Auto Racing
If your looking at bags, the new D2 Racing kits are a great way to go. They new features have a new patented design air bag plus feature the Vera management system. Been a very hot seller over the last few months since there release.

As for coilovers, BC are the way to go on this car. AVS is the only feature you will loose which is not really a big deal at all. The top of the line D2 kit will run you around $2800 where as the lower models with less features around $2300.

Send me a PM if you are interested and I'd be happy to go through some options for both coilovers and air suspension.
Old 07-20-16, 09:46 PM
dailygrind
Driver School Candidate

Hey bro,

Do you have any pros and cons in regards to D2 Air Suspension Kit vs. Air Lift?

Originally Posted by JM Auto Racing

Old 07-21-16, 11:58 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 701 Likes on 615 Posts

Messaged you and commented on the other thread!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886