Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Rsr super downs installed

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-15, 10:36 AM
NebulaGrey
Intermediate

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Rsr super downs installed

'13 rwd.
Install went as planned thanks to the diy.
Bay Area doesn't have the nicest roads, so it can be harsh at times
Attached Thumbnails Rsr super downs installed-image.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Biggsnuff (05-20-19)
Old 09-10-15, 12:13 PM
dphu626
Pole Position

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts

I came on here hoping to find some info on the RS-R springs (fitment, ride, how it looks) and here it is. The drop looks nice. Definitely gonna have to pick it up for myself.

BTW are you using stock shocks?

Last edited by dphu626; 09-10-15 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-10-15, 01:31 PM
NebulaGrey
Intermediate

yes sirrr - stock shocks...when I decided on springs vs coilovers I liked the fact with springs I still get the adjustability of the shock through the sport+ function.... J5 coilovers are out of the question for me at this time........but now after the install I am not confident they will hold up for the long run...I just got the springs installed and I am already putting in a plan for a set of coilovers in the next year or 2....
Old 09-10-15, 03:18 PM
dphu626
Pole Position

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts

yeah that's the plan for me too. the springs are just something to hold me over until I can afford coils/bags lol
Old 07-31-18, 10:07 AM
Jingo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do do you mean you are not confident they will hold up? In terms of shocks? I wanted to get springs because I don’t want to lose the adaptive suspension feature on the GS. I had could in my last car and loved them but I don’t want to go full out modding in my GS.

Originally Posted by NebulaGrey
yes sirrr - stock shocks...when I decided on springs vs coilovers I liked the fact with springs I still get the adjustability of the shock through the sport+ function.... J5 coilovers are out of the question for me at this time........but now after the install I am not confident they will hold up for the long run...I just got the springs installed and I am already putting in a plan for a set of coilovers in the next year or 2....
Old 08-05-18, 10:17 PM
NebulaGrey
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jingo
What do do you mean you are not confident they will hold up? In terms of shocks? I wanted to get springs because I don’t want to lose the adaptive suspension feature on the GS. I had could in my last car and loved them but I don’t want to go full out modding in my GS.

Wow. Brought from the dead. I mean It’s more wear and tear on ur shocks cause of the lowering springs. I have Since moved onto full coil overs and now on bags. IMO I would Just go full coil overs vs springs only - it’s been a while but idk if any difference at all on springs and switching thru the sport modes. At least with coil overs adjusting the shocks isn’t too bad.
Old 09-08-18, 02:28 PM
GSEFF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NebulaGrey
'13 rwd.
Install went as planned thanks to the diy.
Bay Area doesn't have the nicest roads, so it can be harsh at times
Nice Nebula one. I just lowered mine two weeks ago. I’m from Sacramento!
Old 09-10-18, 04:51 PM
LexusGS808
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the RSR Superdowns drop, can you go over mid level speed bumps and driveways without making any maneuver that requires slanting the car?
Old 02-05-19, 07:49 AM
Dom87SS
Pole Position

Received 162 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusGS808
For the RSR Superdowns drop, can you go over mid level speed bumps and driveways without making any maneuver that requires slanting the car?
yes you can, with an added lip i have 4" of ground clearance. Ive have the super downs installed for about 18K miles now and will be going to coilovers this spring to replaced them.
Old 03-02-19, 04:42 PM
gsfwin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Dom87SS
yes you can, with an added lip i have 4" of ground clearance. Ive have the super downs installed for about 18K miles now and will be going to coilovers this spring to replaced them.
I have tanabe now but the rear could go down a bit more. Why coilovers over rsr? Debating superdowns vs coilovers as well
Old 03-03-19, 06:25 AM
Dom87SS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gsfwin
I have tanabe now but the rear could go down a bit more. Why coilovers over rsr? Debating superdowns vs coilovers as well
A few reasons 1) super down are pretty low for the stock strut so it has very little travel and the spring is really stiff. It rides like a lowered Civic now 2) with a coilover you can run a taller spring to get a better spring rate and more travel out of it 3) coilover is adjustable in compression and rebound so you can change how soft or stiff you like the ride 4) I want to go higher up in the winter because I smoked my 2nd lip this winter. Additionally, If I can go lower in the summer all the better.

I'm happy with the height of the superdowns, it was about a 3" drop. But a little lower in summer could be better and higher is a must for winter.
Old 03-03-19, 09:43 AM
gsfwin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Dom87SS
A few reasons 1) super down are pretty low for the stock strut so it has very little travel and the spring is really stiff. It rides like a lowered Civic now 2) with a coilover you can run a taller spring to get a better spring rate and more travel out of it 3) coilover is adjustable in compression and rebound so you can change how soft or stiff you like the ride 4) I want to go higher up in the winter because I smoked my 2nd lip this winter. Additionally, If I can go lower in the summer all the better.

I'm happy with the height of the superdowns, it was about a 3" drop. But a little lower in summer could be better and higher is a must for winter.
How are your struts holding up. I'm at 65k so I'm leaning towards coilovers for that reason as well. I think bc coils with swift springs is the way to go
Old 03-07-19, 08:41 PM
mrmle03
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good! How's much wheel gap is left? Have more pics?
Thanks!
Old 03-08-19, 10:34 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Anyone interested in RSR Springs, contact us!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-14-19, 05:49 AM
Dom87SS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gsfwin
How are your struts holding up. I'm at 65k so I'm leaning towards coilovers for that reason as well. I think bc coils with swift springs is the way to go
i lowered the car with about 72k on the original suspension and shortly after killed at least 1 strut, maybe 2. I'll be getting BCs with swift springs this or next week, waiting on pricing from a vendor right now.

Quick Reply: Rsr super downs installed