Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

2007 GS450h Check Act Stabi warning light

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-15, 02:05 PM
Omendes
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

Just to let all know. I called Mazda, got a very helpful service chap who said that he could get the battery, from the Panasonic part number, as I couldn't give him a registration plate due to the lack of owning a Mazda. They wanted £110, two thirds the Lexus qoute. Delivered in two working days. As advised by our friend Patwaal, I removed the battery and gave it a trickle charge overnight. Metered it before refitting and recorded 14.5v settling at 13.5v after about 10 minutes. Refitted, and guess what? Yes b******* warning still on. Cannot see the battery being the cause, but at Mazda's price, might be worth a punt to prove one way or another.
Also, cannot reset the warnings, does the car only error with a detected issue or is it stored and will warn until cleared?
If time allows, I plan to go through the tests from Lexus Peru's site. Complex, but I'm from an electronics background I'll get testing in the next few days.
I have a feeling this may be something that owners are starting to get after the 100k mile mark, complex luxury car that I shouldn't have expected to run on a shoestring? (Ps. I drive a BMW X3, 3.0d, never missed a beat, in 110k miles, but guess I prefer?)
Old 04-30-15, 08:41 AM
Nobofosho
Driver School Candidate

Default Charging worked

Took the car to a local mechanic who charged the battery for $15. Light turned off and hasn't come back although mechanic said battery needed to be replaced. Lexus quoted $300 for this battery and $480 for the other battery which is also supposedly a goner. Plus $175 for installation of both...
Old 04-30-15, 09:09 AM
patwaal
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Nobofosho
Took the car to a local mechanic who charged the battery for $15. Light turned off and hasn't come back although mechanic said battery needed to be replaced. Lexus quoted $300 for this battery and $480 for the other battery which is also supposedly a goner. Plus $175 for installation of both...
That's awesome news so at least you know your issue is the battery. My light came back on and I just replaced the battery myself but I bought it at the dealer for $188 and the install was very simple diy
Old 07-12-15, 02:51 PM
Omendes
Driver School Candidate

Default Bugger!

Just to update, replaced the battery. £110 which is I guess about $65. Jumped in the car, and still showing the error😢. No issues changing the battery for anyone reading this, took longer to empty wife's (also known as "she who must be obeyed") rubbish (not that she may carry much in this tiny boot). Looks like a trip to the auction to dump the car as what little sense of humour she had seems to have disappeared... Never going to buy an old highly technical car again!
Old 02-15-16, 12:15 AM
GSurg
Driver School Candidate

I just replaced mine with Mazda Miata battery for 2005 model year.
It's also the AGM battery and small in size. Fits just fine in the slot. It's a touch taller than the Panasonic battery which Mazda dealer does not carry. My local Lexus dealer wanted over $200 for it and I was just fed up with them. One even quoted me over $300 even though I told them it's not the main auxiliary battery.

After the new battery is in place, I removed one of the terminal to the main auxiliary battery for a few seconds and the error code went away. I didn't lose the radio memory setting either. Only the dimmer setting for the instrument panel needed to be lowered to my preference level.

For $150 plus tax and pick up from local Mazda dealer, it's worth it.
Old 04-09-16, 08:05 AM
Gasruul
Driver School Candidate

Default Help me

i'm having a same problem. I dunno where is that battery located. Please tell me where is that horrible battery is . Thanks
Old 04-09-16, 08:10 AM
Gasruul
Driver School Candidate

Default Hello

Originally Posted by patwaal
Hello, my battery was also showing about 12v but I charged it and it held the charge and my notification went away. I would suggest you try to charge the active stabilization battery because I'm thinking that many of those error codes could be the result of the battery being 'low'. It's definitely worth a shot before you have to bite the bullet on those costs. Good Luck!
Can you tell me where is that changeable battery located. I'm having a same problem as you guys. Thought better to charge it
Old 04-09-16, 08:15 AM
Gasruul
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks lot

Originally Posted by Nobofosho
Can you tell me where is that battery located. I'm trying to charge it cause having a same problem
Old 04-09-16, 12:37 PM
GSurg
Driver School Candidate

Default Battery location

Originally Posted by Gasruul
i'm having a same problem. I dunno where is that battery located. Please tell me where is that horrible battery is . Thanks
It's beneath the floor board of the trunk, next to other electronic stuff. It's same place you would normally find spare tire in non hybrid model
Old 04-09-16, 09:27 PM
GSurg
Driver School Candidate

Default Main Auxiliary Battery

The larger auxiliary battery is located to the left side of the trunk, hidden from view by carpeted plastic covering. This one is not responsible for the active stabilizer error code. The smaller one underneath the trunk floor board gives out the error code. If you drive the car daily and error code returns then you'll need a new battery. It's very easy to change out in a few minutes. You'll find a small gas vent tubing on the battery and same from the new Mazda Miata battery and easy to figure out how to connect the tubing.
Old 04-11-16, 09:11 AM
Gasruul
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks.

Originally Posted by GSurg
The larger auxiliary battery is located to the left side of the trunk, hidden from view by carpeted plastic covering. This one is not responsible for the active stabilizer error code. The smaller one underneath the trunk floor board gives out the error code. If you drive the car daily and error code returns then you'll need a new battery. It's very easy to change out in a few minutes. You'll find a small gas vent tubing on the battery and same from the new Mazda Miata battery and easy to figure out how to connect the tubing.
Thanks for the info. About that gas vent tube. It seemed, went down directly to the floor. Does it connect witb something? I also found sam kind tube on main auxiliary battery. Are they suppose to connect each other?
Old 04-11-16, 08:22 PM
GSurg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Gasruul
Thanks for the info. About that gas vent tube. It seemed, went down directly to the floor. Does it connect witb something? I also found sam kind tube on main auxiliary battery. Are they suppose to connect each other?
Just make sure the part that comes out of the new battery is connected to the part that goes to the floor. I had to remove the out going tube from the old battery and plug into the new one.
Old 12-19-16, 11:49 AM
mensa8
Driver School Candidate

Default 2007 GS450h Check Act Stabi warning light

Does anyone know what will happen if I just ignore the warning : act. stabi.
Old 03-09-17, 03:47 PM
GSLA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a battery tender and charge both batteries once a while to keep it at top charge. (Make sure they're for AGM) Very low cost investment. I wonder if you can actually use aftermarket battery for the AVS battery.
Old 11-28-17, 09:01 PM
AQuach
Driver School Candidate

Default battery location

Where is this battery located? Is it the 12volt battery that starts the car?

Originally Posted by man0fsteel
You might want to see if you can charge the battery first. That's what the dealer tried first. Mine wouldn't hold a charge so that's why they replaced it.

If you replace yours yourself, let me know what the part cost. Curious how much I was charged for labor as it looks pretty simple to replace.

Quick Reply: 2007 GS450h Check Act Stabi warning light