Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

First modifications

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-13, 07:49 PM
vadimo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First modifications

Hi guys, I am planning to do my first real modifications to the car. I have a few questions and would like some tips. I would like to keep the car very clean and near OEM.

GS350 AWD - 2008

Car currently looks like that (not actual image).

I am planning to purchase some GS F sport wheels. 19" Anthracite finish. I think they look perfect on white cars.

Going to purchase the 30mm RCA kit.

Tint the windows to a darker color.

Now, I would like to get a trunk lip and also change the fog lights to yellow. (someone told me to just get yellow film and put it over?)

Where can I get the lip?

Also I would like to get rid of the chrome as much as possible. What can I do with that? I wanna have as little chrome as possible and just be black/white.

Tips always appreciated?
Old 03-11-13, 07:53 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

IMO

Tint the windows 20%

Plasti dip all your chrome if you want to get rid of it!

Yellow film for the fog lights

All these mods will keep you as stock as possible, and if you dont like them they are all reversible.
Old 03-11-13, 07:57 PM
vadimo
Rookie

Thanks for the response.

Are there any pictures of cars with the chrome all plasti-dipped? I have used it before so I am familiar with it. Is it recommended?
Old 03-11-13, 08:02 PM
vadimo
Rookie

I looked on the forum and a lot of people are saying to have it wrapped in vinyl?

Also would like to get a darker grill. Where do people purchase those?
Old 03-12-13, 12:02 AM
anhvn05
Driver School Candidate

Sounds like good modifications to start with. Post some pics once finish.
Old 03-12-13, 08:32 AM
TWong350

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats! Is your interior black? White on Black is very rare.

We have a great Vendor section where all of our forum sponsors offer products. Check it out.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...rketplace-118/
Old 03-12-13, 10:24 AM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

First off congrats and second I would vinyl wrap the chrome vs. plasti-dip them. The fog-lights you can either order them online get the putco jet yellow they give a very nice yellow and won't burn your wiring, if you want film I believe aerotect sells them for our cars and there is a vendor on the forum. I would say stick close to your legal tint, I know I got pulled over a lot when I went to dark, if you don't car then do 25%. The F-Sport wheels are a nice choice.
Old 03-12-13, 05:41 PM
vadimo
Rookie

Thanks guys! It's actually not an actual pic (I noted it), mine is exactly like that but with beige interior. I'm a huge fan on beige interiors so the car was exactly what I wanted. Very happy with it.

I will definitely go with the vinyl. I looked on the forum and found a link for some 3M vinyl they use on Mini Coopers. I talked to local vinyl guys and they won't do it.

I was thinking about doing a black roof/shark fin. What do you guys think about that?

Also, for the headlight chrome trim. It might look better to have them painted white. It would look odd to have black there right?

Thanks
Old 03-12-13, 06:25 PM
twylie
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a roll of yellow film if you need a couple of pieces for your fogs. PM me your address and I'll drop some in the mail next week if I can find it in my spares box. I've had it and the Putco 3k bulbs in my fogs for the last couple of years and together they provide a nice deep yellow.
Old 03-12-13, 06:36 PM
vadimo
Rookie

PM'd! Thanks!

I am doing some research about ride height (car is currently very high and it drives me nuts), I am thinking to get 20/25mm front RCA blocks and 30mm in the rear. But I am wondering if that will even be enough.

The wheels I purchased are 19's. Specs :

Front Wheels: Rear Wheels:
- Size: 19x8 - Size: 19x9
- Bolt Pattern: 5x114.3 - Bolt Pattern: 5x114.3
- Offset: 45 - Offset: 60
- Hub Center Bore: 60.1 - Hub Center Bore: 60.1
- Finish: Anthracite - Finish: Anthracite
- Center Caps: Anthracite - Center Caps: Anthracite

Front Tires: Rear Tires:
- Size: 235/40-19 - Size: 265/35-19
- Brand: Bridgestone Potenza - Brand: Bridgestone Potenza
- Model: RE050A - Model: RE050A
- Load Index: 96 - Load Index: 94
- Speed Index: Y - Speed Index: Y

--

I want to have as little wheel gap as possible. I also want to avoid the whole wobble thing that comes with lowering the car with springs (my car is AWD).

Tips?
Old 03-13-13, 08:44 AM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by vadimo
Thanks guys! It's actually not an actual pic (I noted it), mine is exactly like that but with beige interior. I'm a huge fan on beige interiors so the car was exactly what I wanted. Very happy with it.

I will definitely go with the vinyl. I looked on the forum and found a link for some 3M vinyl they use on Mini Coopers. I talked to local vinyl guys and they won't do it.

I was thinking about doing a black roof/shark fin. What do you guys think about that?

Also, for the headlight chrome trim. It might look better to have them painted white. It would look odd to have black there right?

Thanks
I disagree black vinyl would look better on a white car. Also not sure why they wouldn't do it but there should be a lot of other people that can recommend someone else. The shark fin can't be done, well it can but it requires a lot of work which the vinyl person doesn't want to do usually, better off getting a black shark fin. The roof will look good just make sure you take care of it.
Old 03-13-13, 09:53 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 793 Likes on 686 Posts

I would love the headlights alone, to me it looks taky especialy on a light color car
Old 03-13-13, 11:53 AM
TexasTaco
Driver

I want to have as little wheel gap as possible. I also want to avoid the whole wobble thing that comes with lowering the car with springs (my car is AWD).

Tips?
Just get coilovers, don't even bother with springs or RCA blocks. And which f sport wheels you talking about? 4GS?

My first mods were led lights everywhere. Couldn't be happier with what I ordered from ijdmtoy.
Old 03-14-13, 11:50 PM
3gs350awd
Driver

Well the gs literally have LEDs everywhere already. Which I love. Except for the reverse and turn signals.
Old 03-15-13, 03:44 AM
carpetclea
Driver School Candidate

Hi guys, I am planning to do my first real modifications to the car. I have a few questions and would like some tips. I would like to keep the car very clean and near OEM.

GS350 AWD - 2008

Car currently looks like that (not actual image).

I am planning to purchase move out cleaning brisbane some GS F sport wheels. 19" Anthracite finish. I think they look perfect on white cars.

Going to purchase the 30mm RCA kit.

Tint the windows to a darker color.

Now, I would like to get a trunk lip and also change the fog lights to yellow. (someone told me to just get yellow film and put it over?)

Where can I get the lip?

Also I would like to get rid of the end of lease cleaning brisbane chrome as much as possible. What can I do with that? I wanna have as little chrome as possible and just be black/white.

Tips always appreciated?
Your car looks in awesome condition. Which cleaner you use? I want to clean my car so waiting for reply

Last edited by carpetclea; 03-16-13 at 10:44 PM.

Quick Reply: First modifications