Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

thinking about airbags

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-11, 05:00 PM
Mike1970
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default thinking about airbags

any one here on uas airbags and daily drive your car? im thinking about getting bags but i drive 100 miles everyday. i just wanted to ask the guys who daily drive on bags if they like it, how does it ride, how low do you drive and how long you ben on bags? right now im on megan ez streets coilovers but i like the way the 3gs sits when its dumped!!! i would love to hear what people have to say about the uas system who has had it for a little bit of time before i pull the trigger thanks for any help you can give me your friend mike1970
Old 08-04-11, 05:11 PM
LexmexVIP
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Question, I'm interested too. Looking at Air Runner for mine.
Old 08-04-11, 05:53 PM
bcp_sc300

interested!
Old 08-05-11, 06:16 AM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would like to get air as well, but hear that they are high maintanence more parts = more problems! I have coils and ride slammed at this ride height my car still performs great is I rode this low on air I wouldn t have the performance capability that I do now.
Old 08-05-11, 09:41 AM
Mike1970
Lead Lap

I have Ben reading some of the 2gs post about air and they all are liking the airrunner setup. Say you can run slammed really good performance and trouble free. I'm going to post something on VSC see if the VIP boys have a 3gs on this system that can give some info
Old 08-05-11, 10:10 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

i never had my gs on bags nor have i used uas but my previous car was a dd that was bagged with an easystreet setup. imo its not that bad and plenty of people dd bagged cars. i use to drive approx 45 mins each way to work in my bagged car and it rode good. you just have to find a comfortable setting just like a coilover system. theres more maintenance involved with an air system though.
Old 08-05-11, 03:02 PM
beez43
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dont think about it... DO IT!!!! only idiots that havent paid much attention to the small details and buy cheap parts run into problems...
Old 08-05-11, 08:56 PM
wwong510
Driver School Candidate

I DD with Universal Air Suspension on my 3GS. The ride is exceptionally great. I purchased my full setup from Will at pgmotoringusa. Although they forgot a couple of items with my shipment, the answered all my questions and gave me good insight.

I had them installed by Carlin at Impact Performance in San Francisco. He was real informative and did a good job with my install. I am hoping to go back to him with a couple of minor adjustments, but he has been real tight on schedule so, for now, I have been driving on them daily and have not come across any issues.

The ride is great and quiet. Until of course your dryer turns on (compressors). Otherwise I would definitely recommend looking into airbags. I drove about 50 miles round trip 6 days a week for about 5 months, recently I have began to settle down and not drive it so much, but everything still works like a charm. *knock on wood

If you have any questions you can contact me and I will forward you to Carlin with Impact Performance, and he can piece together a basic setup for you, and get you a quote for installation. He will be able to answer a lot more questions than I can!
Old 08-06-11, 05:15 AM
sticky4
Pole Position

I DD with bags on the beater and 3 months in no problems no maintenance. I would strongly recommend them, although you won't drive around "slammed" you'll drive around lowered. Just knowing you can lift a little, not grind and scrape makes It hard to drive slammed. Plus with my wheel fitment I don't take the chance...

Megan EZ with UAS, UAS rocks and is priced right. AR seems expensive to me...

Last edited by sticky4; 08-06-11 at 05:19 AM.
Old 08-06-11, 10:37 AM
Mike1970
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sticky4
I DD with bags on the beater and 3 months in no problems no maintenance. I would strongly recommend them, although you won't drive around "slammed" you'll drive around lowered. Just knowing you can lift a little, not grind and scrape makes It hard to drive slammed. Plus with my wheel fitment I don't take the chance...

Megan EZ with UAS, UAS rocks and is priced right. AR seems expensive to me...

Thanks so uas fits over the ez streets nice to know. Now when they say maintenance what do you have to do?
Old 08-07-11, 03:31 AM
sticky4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Mike1970
Thanks so uas fits over the ez streets nice to know. Now when they say maintenance what do you have to do?
I installed my own kit so I know exactly how it works, plus I did a simple manual kit so I wouldn't have to mess with electrical parts.

UAS fits with the Megans, you'll need to get a couple custom parts made at a machine shop but not a big deal. Contact Zack at Universal, he was very helpful For me.

That being said the only maintenance I can see is draining the tanks every once in a while to let wtv water in it out... Take a about 10 seconds and involves pushing a button. I've done this once in 3 months.

Besides that I guess inspect it every so often to make sure everything looks okay and hoses/ bags aren't rubbing anywhere.

I do suggest helping on the install or being present so you understand how it works....
Old 08-07-11, 10:07 AM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I installed my own kit so I know exactly how it works, plus I did a simple manual kit so I wouldn't have to mess with electrical parts.

UAS fits with the Megans, you'll need to get a couple custom parts made at a machine shop but not a big deal. Contact Zack at Universal, he was very helpful For me.

That being said the only maintenance I can see is draining the tanks every once in a while to let wtv water in it out... Take a about 10 seconds and involves pushing a button. I've done this once in 3 months.

Besides that I guess inspect it every so often to make sure everything looks okay and hoses/ bags aren't rubbing anywhere.

I do suggest helping on the install or being present so you understand how it works....
Zach at UAS can make the brackets for you for around 250 on top of your kit. I just finished up my order and I'm now waiting on delivery. The entire system is plug and play and very simple if you can take you suspension out on your own. I would also recommond Accuair e-leveling and there valve block. The entire accuair is plug and play and requires no wire cutting or figuring out which wires go where. Let me know if you need anymore advice on the Accuair stuff I'm currently sponsered by them.
Old 08-07-11, 10:53 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

^ how does accuair compare to dakata digital?
Old 08-07-11, 04:49 PM
Mike1970
Lead Lap

Thanks for all the info guys. I was at spocom this weekend and talked to a couple of guys who have air and had no prob so I think I'm going to go for it. now I just need decide which one I'm going to get air runner or uas
Old 08-07-11, 04:52 PM
Mike1970
Lead Lap

I do suggest helping on the install or being present so you understand how it
works....
If I go with the uas I definitely will hit you up for help bro thanks for offering

Quick Reply: thinking about airbags