Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

AWD Wobble/Vibration Solution - Testers Needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-13, 12:44 PM
msequence
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the dude who said that he was slammed and had no issues after the spacers.. was yours AWD? Lol.. If that's the case there has to be another masking issue as well, perhaps warped rotors..and so warped that it causes some imbalance.. i would imagine not.. however.. any other suggestions.. ?
Old 09-26-13, 12:55 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by msequence
For the dude who said that he was slammed and had no issues after the spacers.. was yours AWD? Lol.. If that's the case there has to be another masking issue as well, perhaps warped rotors..and so warped that it causes some imbalance.. i would imagine not.. however.. any other suggestions.. ?
if your referring to me then yes my car was awd. no need to make them if its rwd

my spacers took care of my issues and i was tucking all my tires

Old 09-26-13, 07:38 PM
XxGoKoUxX
Forum Moderator

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by 3gs350awd
No wheel gap is more than enough wobble and vibration. I saw his car featured on vossen. I would say we have the same ride height.
Yikes! All the more reason I'm glad i'm not AWD! I sometimes get adventurous and drive a few miles 1in from the floor.
Old 01-04-14, 09:31 PM
GS714
Pole Position

Default What about the F-Sport spring /\/\/\/\/\/\

Hi Folks, I am in the market for the 3rd Generation. And wondering what would happened if I drop the car with the F-Sport spring. That is, if I can find an AWD in Southern Calif.
Old 01-06-14, 09:15 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

f sport is a very mild drop and most people do not feel anything with the 1" drop
Old 01-07-14, 09:44 AM
frank1
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello, Im Frank from DSS and i was asked by a member (Pedro) to see if this is something we may be able to help the community with. For the moderators on the site if i have to become a Vendor i do understand but please let me ask a few questions and get some info before i can say i can help them.

That being said im at a little disadvantage as im not familiar with the AWD axles in these cars. ill start by saying there are several things that can cause such a problem and one being the length getting to short when the car is lowered, the other issue may be be the design of the axle (is the inner CV tripod or a ball and cage) We have extensive back ground with drivetrain and if im given the correct info im sure i can make this right. can one of the Moderators please let me know if its ok to ask questions and help for now and agree that if we make anything we will set up as a Vendor and also work with a few people till its corrected.

Thanks Frank J. Rehak 111
Old 01-07-14, 09:55 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Originally Posted by frank1
Hello, Im Frank from DSS and i was asked by a member (Pedro) to see if this is something we may be able to help the community with. For the moderators on the site if i have to become a Vendor i do understand but please let me ask a few questions and get some info before i can say i can help them.

That being said im at a little disadvantage as im not familiar with the AWD axles in these cars. ill start by saying there are several things that can cause such a problem and one being the length getting to short when the car is lowered, the other issue may be be the design of the axle (is the inner CV tripod or a ball and cage) We have extensive back ground with drivetrain and if im given the correct info im sure i can make this right. can one of the Moderators please let me know if its ok to ask questions and help for now and agree that if we make anything we will set up as a Vendor and also work with a few people till its corrected.

Thanks Frank J. Rehak 111
Frank, it's OK to ask questions but can't advertise, solicit or gather interest in what you're building until you sign up to be a vendor.

I'll ask members to keep the 'I want one' rollcall out of the thread as that will cause it to get closed please.
Old 01-07-14, 10:24 AM
Censee
Driver School Candidate

i was the person that contacted frank1 from DDS (Pedro)...it was a shot in the dark since the wobble/vibration issue is so huge.after lurking on these forums for several months i cant seem to find a solid solution to the problem and ive read hundreds of posts and threads..i just got this car about a year ago and to be honest i already wanna trade it in. since a simple drop can cause this many issues...maybe he can help with the problem...since we've tried about everything in the book to fix the awd lowering wobble...its crazy i have a 2000 galant that has been slammed since i got it 13 years ago and ive never had an issue with it

Last edited by Censee; 01-07-14 at 12:03 PM.
Old 01-07-14, 10:29 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

frank, feel free to ask me whatever you need as i was the person who tried to launch the spacers. ive been asked by several members to make some for them however as you mentioned since i am not a vendor i had to politely decline the offers and thus all the information in this thread. i figured if i just put all the info out there, members could go to their local machine shop to have them done.

over the many months of this thread being up i did notice the one thing people were having a problem with was sourcing a shop to mill them. if you cold work someting out with IB (internet brand) to become a vendor, that would help people out by only having to go to one source.
Old 01-07-14, 10:49 AM
Censee
Driver School Candidate

i hope we can get this going...again...maybe this time we can find a solution...thanks IXI187IXI for all the effort you've put forth since the start
Old 01-07-14, 11:47 AM
minato
Pole Position

Yeah Frank , as others have said. let us know what questions you have, I am in Canada so I dont know how much I can help personally, but any questions you have feel free to ask, I basically have learned to live with the awd issue

also IXI187IXI is a pioneer in this awd issue so he could be your goto guy

I don't get wobble anymore after alignment but vibration is still present .
Old 01-07-14, 12:01 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

its all subjective which is what makes the issue harder to deal with. theres a thread here where you can see what suspension people are lowered on and what they've reported. you can see there are some people with the same suspension but one may report an issue while the other doesnt.
Old 01-07-14, 12:11 PM
Censee
Driver School Candidate

one more thing upon reading tons of threads and posts...since the reason the vibration and/or wobble occurs because the area of movement inside is moved to a new spot inside..wouldnt new axles correct this problem since its already starting as the car is lowered? meaning there is never an old spot from "stock to lowering" height..i know aftermarket axles are much cheaper than oem...just a thought here..i saw someone named ryan was in the process of getting new axles already being lowered, but never went through with it...my car isnt lowered yet but all these stories make me not ever want to....my plan was to get some megan coils, do the axle spacer, and maybe the rca blocks...perhaps thats a bit much, but i wanna see what will work and what wouldn't and go from there

Last edited by Censee; 01-07-14 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-07-14, 12:28 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

correct however new axles are much more expensive then the spacers. ive talked to ryan before and he actually doesnt live too far from me. im not sure if he ever did get around to doing that though. that would probably be the best solution but a bit of a cost to just test and see.
Old 01-07-14, 12:52 PM
Censee
Driver School Candidate

http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/200..._assembly.html does that price seem right?

Last edited by Censee; 01-07-14 at 12:56 PM.

Quick Reply: AWD Wobble/Vibration Solution - Testers Needed