Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

AFS Light Flashing After Tanabe NF210's

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-18, 05:07 AM
tq786
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 GS350 -Getting an AFS flashing light

Hello,

I have 2013 GS350 has 26K on it. Getting an AFS flashing light. I try to trun off/on but the flashing light is not going; checked all the fuses and seems fuse are fine.
I didn't do any modifications on car or tire change etc.
Please advise; will be grateful someone can give me any tips? I am close to Baltimore, Maryland
Regards,
Old 10-29-18, 09:53 AM
samsonn25
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Could be the front or rear level senssor or the shaft is broken. This happened to me when I hit a big pot hole and the plastic shaft broke.
Old 01-06-21, 04:18 PM
kolyan
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by smalldog
Good to go. I hope this clear up a lot of confusion. All I did was remove the nut (10mm) from the sensor ( has the wire plugged to it) and turned the arm to ( L or 180 degrees) position. I had to remove my tire to get to it. 10min job.

Note:..It should be no need to adjust the adjustment bolt. Look at the first pic when I said " I moved it in every position and had no luck" on page 3.( I think everyone that couldn't fix it was moving the same part) Also note the elbow part in that pic is also in the up position. I got that pic from the IS side. Thanks guys
Thank you. This fixed my issue
Old 01-06-21, 04:43 PM
mtq786
Driver School Candidate

I have 2013 GS350/ My AFS issue is not fixed yet. I will be very grateful if some know in this group know any
Lexus mechanic in Maryland/ DC or VA area?
Happy New Year and thanks much in advanced.

Old 01-08-21, 11:19 AM
ELexis
Advanced

Received 112 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
it won't when you do alignment. the reason for the light to come up is that when you lower your car, more than likely you lower the front more than the rear, or vise versa. the autoleveling computer is a system to detect where your car is "pointing" to and adjust the headlight positions. there is a range. there are sensors on both the front and rear wheels.

so if you lower your car differently front and back, what happens is that the computer "thinks" your car is pointing one way and want to correct it, but if it falls out of range then the light comes on.

so the way to fix it is by adjust the leveling sensor so it's within range again. and that's why doing alignment wont' change anything, it's about how your car is lowered.

and also, you need to adjust it smartly as well. as i explained, when you adjust the sensor, you are adjusting how the computer thinks of the "inclination" of the car is. if you adjust it too much, maybe it's within range again and the light it gone, however the headlight might be pointing at the wrong direction still. so you should always do this where you can shine the headlights on a wall or so to make sure it's not shooting too high
RominL, I understand this to be an older post however, interested if you might be able to confirm the following (I apricate you posting this);
Would an 06 - 2013 IS 350 experience the same issue if, installing shocks / springs from the Sport Tuned suspension into base IS 350?
Old 01-08-21, 12:57 PM
mtq786
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ELexis
RominL, I understand this to be an older post however, interested if you might be able to confirm the following (I apricate you posting this);
Would an 06 - 2013 IS 350 experience the same issue if, installing shocks / springs from the Sport Tuned suspension into base IS 350?
thanks much for your detail reply. As I am
not a handy person I never touched my car. That’s the only reason I don’t drive my car as AFS flashing so annoying. I am sure what you have suggested seems the case but unfortunately I need some shop who can do it for me, any mechanic or person does side job in Maryland/ Virginia or dc area.
my headlight does swirl/ rotate when I start the car.

anyways I am very thankful for your time and concerns.
regards and happy new year.

Last edited by mtq786; 01-08-21 at 01:00 PM.